How to view source code of a webpage on Windows Phone (W10, Edge)?

Hey there!

Still, after a not-so-short research: How can I access the source code of a web page on a Windows Phone, Windows 10, Edge? (And yes, I need the code from the browser on the phone!) What is actually pretty easy on Desktop, turned out to be complicated on Windows 10 mobile: there is no Alt+, right-click...

In Chrome it typically works with typing "view-source:" in front of the URL. Maybe there is something similar for Edge?

Hope someone has an idea! :)

Thanks!

Well on windows 10 with edge you can just go into the developer options.

If you want to view the source on a windows phone you'll probably have to get a separate app like "view source".

Couldn't you use the responsive design option from firefox or chrome to make it look like you are on a windows phone? That way you could just use your Computer for everything :D

Apparently you can't do it on Windows Phone's Edge browser.

A quick Google search brought up this app however, called "View Source". It seems to be pretty hit-and-miss judging by the comments though.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:00 AM, adm0n said:

Well on windows 10 with edge you can just go into the developer options.

No.

If you want to view the source on a windows phone you'll probably have to get a separate app like "view source".

No.

Couldn't you use the responsive design option from firefox or chrome to make it look like you are on a windows phone? That way you could just use your Computer for everything :D

No.

The point is to debug something that's broken on a webpage displayed by Edge on a Windows Phone - note that W10 Mobile only supports Edge 40. The options in Edge are very limited and some functions you would expect - they're just not there (that's the actual problem, btw). Using emulators does not solve the problem, especially the internal browser tools - in general, they just break it down to the viewport-level; the same goes for the app "view source".

31 minutes ago, Alchibiades said:

No.

No.

No.

Well ._. that was pointless then. You separated all of your Items with a comma, so I though you wanted to know it for each of those.

If there is absolutely no way to display it on a windows phone, you could always go in between, at least if it is your webpage. It could be pretty tedious, but if you are able to turn of the encryption, you can just piece together what your phone got with something like wireshark. Before I would do that, I would check if you can at least safe the web page. That should give you the source code, right?