Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VegetableStu

Google Cameos: an app that lets public figures video-answer questions searched on google of themselves

Posted · Original PosterOP

Screen-Shot-2018-08-09-at-10.04.09-AM.pn

oh boy, I wonder if anyone at LMG is eligible o_o

via: https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/09/google-launches-cameos-a-video-qa-app-aimed-at-celebs/

Techcrunch:

Google has launched a new video-based Q&A app called Cameos on the App Store, which allows people to answer questions about themselves, then share those answers directly on Google. The app is aimed at celebrities and other public figures, who are often the subject of people’s Google searches. With the Cameos app, they can address fans’ questions in their own voice, instead of leaving the answers up to other websites.

sure, I get that motivation. a chance for a reply at least...?

Techcrunch:

The feature is an extension of the company’s “Posts on Google” platform which has been slowly rolling out over the past couple of years, giving some people and organizations the ability to post directly to Google’s search result pages.

Initially, “Posts on Google” was open only to a small number of celebrities, sports teams and leagues, movie studios and museums. But last year, it expanded to local businesses who could then publish their events, products and services. This spring, it opened up to musicians. And it had been earlier experimenting with a feature that inserted celebs’ video answers into search, as well.

"can you do coldplay?"

Techcrunch:

Those invited to use the service have been able to post updates to Google which include text, images, video, GIFs, events, and links to other sites. In a way, it’s like Google’s version of Twitter – but with the goal of helping web searchers find answers to questions.

(...)

Access to use Cameos is only available upon invitation. Those interested can download the iOS app to request access.

sure that sounds like a fun new avenue to impromptu microinterviews and whatnot, but personally I'm.... not good on camera? Like I'm probably not Techlinked material even ,_,

(also where's the fun in not being in funner interviews?)

Spoiler

This is just like terrible Wikipedia.

Except only one person can edit it.

In a dedicated app.

For """interesting""" people.

Really Google?

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is True"

14 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

This is just like terrible Wikipedia.

Except only one person can edit it.

In a dedicated app.

For """interesting""" people.

Really Google?

TBH I kinda want to see how it goes with most youtubers everywhere first, LOL

9 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

TBH I kinda want to see how it goes with most youtubers everywhere first, LOL

Top question for Logal Paul: Are you still such a immoral ****?

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is True"

15 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Top question for Logal Paul: Are you still such a immoral ****?

hey now, let's not go straight to the border here, LOL