PSU for next PC-Build

G0rg3us_fr33man

Hi,

I'm currently saving money and buying new pc-components but I don't know which PSU to buy. The PCs I did build together were all with pre-selected parts. this is the first time I choose the Components myself

CPU
Intel i5-8600K - Tray (LGA 1151, 3.60GHz, Unlocked)

MoBo
MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON (LGA 1151, Intel Z370, ATX)

Case
Corsair Crystal 570X RGB (Midi Tower)

Cooling
NZXT Kraken x62 inkl. AM4 (3cm)

RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x, 8GB, DDR4-3000, DIMM 288)

GPU
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini (8GB, High End)

HDD / SSD
WD Blue 1TB
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

What PSU would you recommend?

Any 550w PSU with at least a 80+ bronze rating that fits your budget. Preferably modular and black sleeved cables.
So yeah, Be Quiet Dark Power series, Corsair Rmx series, Evga Supernova series are what I'd recommend

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

Odd SSD selection. Quite old, and I think it had issues with its durability.

Without knowing the budget or what's available, Straight Power 11 450W, Whisper M 450, RM550x or Focus Plus Gold 550W. Most to less recommended. 

:)

57 minutes ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini (8GB, High End)

You will have worse result with a mini than a normal card, just saying if you didnt realize

seasonic focus gold + 650w  is around 100 euros on europe, and evga 650 gq same or 20euros cheaper, seasonic focus + is tier 1 and evga gq is tier 2 , both are ok

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

3 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

You will have worse result with a mini than a normal card, just saying if you didnt realize

seasonic focus gold + 650w  is around 100 euros on europe, and evga 650 gq same or 20euros cheaper, seasonic focus + is tier 1 and evga gq is tier 2 , both are ok

Thanks for mentioning didn't realize that

and thanks for the recommendations

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Odd SSD selection. Quite old, and I think it had issues with its durability.

Without knowing the budget or what's available, Straight Power 11 450W, Whisper M 450, RM550x or Focus Plus Gold 550W. Most to less recommended. 

Yeah... The SSD is recycled from my last build that's why it's quite old maybe I will consider replacing that part too

15 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

Any 550w PSU with at least a 80+ bronze rating that fits your budget. Preferably modular and black sleeved cables.
So yeah, Be Quiet Dark Power series, Corsair Rmx series, Evga Supernova series are what I'd recommend

What about the Corsair CX550M? 

51 minutes ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

It will do the job just fine

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

53 minutes ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

That's a lot lower end than the rest of the system. Instead of getting a budget PSU, consider changing the case to the 460X, or the cooler to something like the H115i Pro. 

:)

5 hours ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

It'll do fine, however I'd like to note that you can get a Corsair TX650M on sale for under 70 USD on Newegg right now which is a great deal even though your system doesn't need that much power.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||