Crunchy Dragon

Stuck Pixel, Canon Rebel T5

Posted · Original PosterOP

Asking for a friend.

Trying to figure out how to clear a stuck pixel on a Canon Rebel T5.

Any help is greatly appreciated, any information needed should be readily available.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Tech News Posting Guidelines // How to use the forum // Join Floatplane! // Floatplane Support Wizard // Memory Overclocking Guide // Join the LTT Official Discord //

not a camera guy but a quick googling brought me this

http://www.bluehoursite.com/articles/how-get-rid-stuckdead-pixels-canon-dslr-camera

If you want people to notice your reply, quote or mention them (日本語: If you want 先輩 to notice you, quote or mention 先輩)

I'm a simple person. I see "Thanks", I'll give a Thumbs Up. Always thank the person helping you.

Looking for games to play, recommend them here please :3 (have enough games lined up for now, but feel free to add more, its never too many :P)

My response to current VR technology: #NerveGearOrGoHome

僕のパソコン:

Spoiler

PC Name: Blood Lust

Reason for name: red LED on the motherboard pulsating, reminded me of blood lust

Date of Birth: 2nd January 2016

URL: PC Part Picker | Build Log | 3DMark | Firestrike 1 | Firestrike 2

i5-6600 | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Asus B150 PRO GAMING/AURA | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Kingston KC300 240GB, Seagate Momentus 640GB, Western Digital Blue 2TB

NZXT Noctis 450  | Corsair RM850x 850W 

PC Name: Tsundere

Reason for name: it's fine with day to day task but gets very hot when you game on it (thermal throttling even)

reminds me of a short tempered tsundere who doesnt want you to touch it

Date of Birth: 28th September 2011

URL: Asus Website

i7 - 2630QM | GT555M | 2x4gb DDR3 1333MHz | 240gb HDD

Just now, Moonzy said:

not a camera guy but a quick googling brought me this

http://www.bluehoursite.com/articles/how-get-rid-stuckdead-pixels-canon-dslr-camera

I came across that as well, my friend said he didn't see the sensor cleaning in the settings.

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Tech News Posting Guidelines // How to use the forum // Join Floatplane! // Floatplane Support Wizard // Memory Overclocking Guide // Join the LTT Official Discord //

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I came across that as well, my friend said he didn't see the sensor cleaning in the settings.

then I'm out of ideas

probably best to send it in for servicing?

If you want people to notice your reply, quote or mention them (日本語: If you want 先輩 to notice you, quote or mention 先輩)

I'm a simple person. I see "Thanks", I'll give a Thumbs Up. Always thank the person helping you.

Looking for games to play, recommend them here please :3 (have enough games lined up for now, but feel free to add more, its never too many :P)

My response to current VR technology: #NerveGearOrGoHome

僕のパソコン:

Spoiler

PC Name: Blood Lust

Reason for name: red LED on the motherboard pulsating, reminded me of blood lust

Date of Birth: 2nd January 2016

URL: PC Part Picker | Build Log | 3DMark | Firestrike 1 | Firestrike 2

i5-6600 | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Asus B150 PRO GAMING/AURA | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Kingston KC300 240GB, Seagate Momentus 640GB, Western Digital Blue 2TB

NZXT Noctis 450  | Corsair RM850x 850W 

PC Name: Tsundere

Reason for name: it's fine with day to day task but gets very hot when you game on it (thermal throttling even)

reminds me of a short tempered tsundere who doesnt want you to touch it

Date of Birth: 28th September 2011

URL: Asus Website

i7 - 2630QM | GT555M | 2x4gb DDR3 1333MHz | 240gb HDD

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

then I'm out of ideas

probably best to send it in for servicing?

I'd prefer not to tell them that, but if another solution doesn't present itself, I might have to.

Read the manual for the camera. It would tell you where the sensor cleaning function is in the menu. If there absolutely isn't a self cleaning function, search how to clean the sensor by hand CAREFULLY. You can use the mirror lock up function to do this. Cleaning by hand is always a last resort.

And on the first day god said: "Cue one go" And there was light!

Forgot to mention this, they did get it working.