Touchbar Killer for Windows?

A touchbar killer is a murderer who kills you by beating you to death with a MacBook

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

9 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Dell XPS 15.  Keyboard, build quality and temps are a whole lot better.  The biggest reason I can't recommend the Zenbook pro are the touch temps, there is no point in a portable laptop if you can't use it on your lap.

I don’t know about dells honestly, both me and my dad had dells (I had the Inspiron and he had the xps), used them extensively, not for super heavy stuff, and we both had issues after about a year... 

the system would just crash, and need to reboot. 

I think the thermals get very bad on dells after a while. 

Nonetheless, I’d still go for it if someone tells me his Dell had no issues after more than two years of use. Maybe I should just learn how to do the maintenance properly. 

Thanks for your help :-)

duplicated? :( 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

14 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Kindof looks like the same censor ASUS used for my Vivobook 15. Like where are these manufacturers getting these parts? Along with those stupid 1366x768 displays, you'll probably have to dig deep into warehouses in Shenzhen to even find parts of this low spec anymore.  

Isn't it funny how Chinese manufacturers seem to be pushing the boundaries when it comes to displays for the masses while your well known ASUSs, Lenovos, HPs, Dells, are still pushing out the same crap that would've been revolutionary... in 2006.

yeah those 768 displays got me pissed more than any webcam, xD seems like a pest... like throw 20 tvs at 200-400$ and a few of them are 768 xD and they call HD , hd my ass a 42inch 720p display has the high definition on the plastic that shows its brand, nothing else xD 

And when a 768 laptop stutters when you connect any 1080p monitor to play xD ? thats the best

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

The video barely touches on the touchbar feature of the MacBook Pro. Am I missing something?

This is pretty garbage compared to the TouchBar. You shouldn't need to toggle between a touchpad or an application, you should have the luxury of both.

To add, as shown if you read the news article Linus, instead of skimming, the Core i9 problem was not exclusive to the MacBook. 

I've heard there are delays when using the touchpad-screen in some situations. It's a very cool idea but it may not ready for prime time yet even with open software. The thermal throttling, sheesh what were they thinking. This, the XPS 97570 and the Macbook Pro... were the engineers told to shut the hell up when they kept telling their bosses the cooling system couldn't keep up with the i9, nor the high end i7s?

• 8 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, AlexTheGreatish said:

Could Windows finally have something to beat Mac's touchbar?  Sort of...

Buy the ZenBook Pro
On Amazon: http://geni.us/tu7BGc
On Newegg: http://geni.us/1s32R7D

Well here we have another under-informative video title?

Can you rename it as "Touchbar Killer for Windows - Zenbook Pro UX580GE"?

Thanks,

Josh