Pai Finally Admits DDoS claims were a lie

rcmaehl

Sources:
CNET
ArsTechnica

TL;DR:
Ajit Pai has finally admitted the DDoS claims on the FCC comment system were false, blames Obama Administration

Quotes/Excerpts:

Ajit Pai said Monday that a high-profile outage of the agency's website last year wasn't caused by DDoS attacks. Net neutrality supporters accused the agency of making up the attack. The Office of Inspector General led an independent investigation... found the information about DDoS attacks was false. What happened instead is obvious -- millions of Americans overwhelmed our online system because they wanted to tell us how important internet openness is to them. The FCC failed in its responsibility to maintain a space for public opinion. The FCC sabotaged its own public comment process. 

Pai acknowledged Monday that the FCC lied about its public comment system being taken down by a DDoS attack. Pai blamed the spreading of false information on employees hired by the Obama administrationl. Pai thanked the Inspector General's office "for the comprehensive report it has issued," "The Inspector General Report tells us what we knew all along: the FCC's claim that it was the victim of a DDoS attack during the net neutrality proceeding is bogus," According to Pai, the Inspector General's report "debunks the conspiracy theory" that Pai himself was to blame. Pai said last year that the number of pro-net neutrality comments was "not as important". More recently said that net neutrality supporters are "Chicken Littles."

My Thoughts:
Well at least we know for a fact what Ajit Pai thinks of Net Neutrality supporters though despite lawsuits already occurring for things we said would happen.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

2 minutes ago, Swealteek said:

How can some one like this stil be in office ? Man Americas system is so fuckt....

Cant wait thill that fucker is out do :D 

I already have a post title made up based on an 70s folk song. Just awaiting the News

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Bildresultat för spongebob boi meme

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Apt

obama.gif

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Because of this they should undo any changes made that was the result of the incorrect result of the public voice.

But they wont because murica...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The funny thing is it likely still wouldn't have mattered. There was still overwhelming support for net neutrality yet it still got repealed. It wasn't really up to a public vote but rather a few employees of the FCC. It is clear that the ones that voted to repeal weren't swayed by public opinion. 

Nice how you can lie openly in a public position, unilaterally twist things to the benefit of your crony capitalist buds, and still keep the job and not be forcibly removed.  Keep turning the other cheek suckers.

9 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

how you can lie openly in a public position

For the same reason Trump is still in office. Everyone with power to do anything about it, won't do anything because they are in the same boat.

Everyone pretty much called it the minute Pai came out saying the results were skewed and "hacking" was involved, etc..., he's a liar, it was never up to the public to decide, he wanted to kill it for his friends at Verizon and nothing the people could say would dissuade him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was handsomely rewarded by the ISPs for this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Why on earth hasn't he been forced to resign?  There needs to be a robust system in place to hold politicians and the people they commission accountable for misrepresenting their office.   And no I don't think this is specific to the US, I'd like to see this in Australia too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I bet it’s those dang Russian hackers at it again.

55 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Why on earth hasn't he been forced to resign?  There needs to be a robust system in place to hold politicians and the people they commission accountable for misrepresenting their office.   And no I don't think this is specific to the US, I'd like to see this in Australia too.

Essentially every politician misrepresents their office. I have yet to meet a politician who isn't corrupted with a personal agenda. Canada is also currently notorious for having a politician at the helm with a very strong personal agenda. And very few dare to point that out as our current PM's agenda appeases social justice movements which who dares to go against? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Essentially every politician misrepresents their office. I have yet to meet a politician who isn't corrupted with a personal agenda. Canada is also currently notorious for having a politician at the helm with a very strong personal agenda. And very few dare to point that out as our current PM's agenda appeases social justice movements which who dares to go against? 

I know and that is frustrating at the least.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Is there anyone in this administration who isn't corrupt?

Every politician lies. But this administration just bring it to a whole new level.

That guy should be removed from his function a looong time ago. Even in the countries with higher amount of corruption he would be removed.

8 hours ago, mr moose said:

Why on earth hasn't he been forced to resign?

Because HE did not LIE (/sarcasm) It was Ajit Pai who was lied to by the Chief Information Officer "David Bray" - Who no longer works for the FCC and was hired by the Obama Administration.. so Ajit Pai did not lie or do anything wrong ( again /sarcasm). Ajit Pai - "was surprised and disappointed when I learned of the findings of the Office of Inspector General's investigation." (It wasn't me)B|

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, TisJester said:

Because HE did not LIE (/sarcasm) It was Ajit Pai who was lied to by the Chief Information Officer "David Bray" - Who no longer works for the FCC and was hired by the Obama Administration.. so Ajit Pai did not lie or do anything wrong ( again /sarcasm). Ajit Pai - "was surprised and disappointed when I learned of the findings of the Office of Inspector General's investigation." (It wasn't me)B|

giphy.gif

Yes your honor, those are my finger prints on the gun, but someone else was using my fingers at the time.

5b6ab72cf1fab_fGoCrFH-Imgur.gif.61740d4327d5c7831b5eaee8c5fd0871.gif

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Literally 'thanks Obama'.
Ahhh... hows that swamp goin' ? Thriving by all indications, moreso even. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

18 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

me, pick me :P, though i wont go as far as enter politics to go after it as i would need to shill for some years eat loads of toads and then try to change something and i dont have that kind of patience