Why is EVERYONE Buying This Sound Bar??

5 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Are you lumping in 5.1 soundbars in that statement? I meant 700ish is cheap compared to the 5k I dropped on my 7.1 setup, but I would hardly call it cheap for some.

if you have a "woofer" less than 4" in diameter....

you have a tweeter.  sell that garbage. 

27 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

if you have a "woofer" less than 4" in diameter....

you have a tweeter.  sell that garbage. 

For the Record most of the decent soundbars use 8" or 10" speakers in their subWOOFERS.

7 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

For the Record most of the decent soundbars use 8" or 10" speakers in their subWOOFERS.

which does 0 to help mid range tonality and clarity, which is 90% of the sound in any movie. 

some of you folks need to go listen to a harbeth system for a little while. 

12 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

which does 0 to help mid range tonality and clarity, which is 90% of the sound in any movie. 

some of you folks need to go listen to a harbeth system for a little while. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/hw-k950-za-hw-k950-za/

Will be my next soundbar in my living room. I actually was really happy with the one I had until doing some digging for this thread lol. So my point is.... if you think this thing isn't going to sound good you are sadly mistaken.

I mean my receiver in my "entertainment room" is a Denon 9.2 channel, but I only use 7,1 lol. I want to say I purchased it in late 2015 or early 2016 and I am powering a nice set of Klipsch Rf-7 (I think was the line) 7.1 surround set.

Don't get me wrong, it is a much better experience than the soundbar, but it isn't 5-10x better that you pay in difference. It isn't even 2x better.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/hw-k950-za-hw-k950-za/

Will be my next soundbar in my living room. I actually was really happy with the one I had until doing some digging for this thread lol. So my point is.... if you think this thing isn't going to sound good you are sadly mistaken.

I mean my receiver in my "entertainment room" is a Denon 9.2 channel, but I only use 7,1 lol. I want to say I purchased it in late 2015 or early 2016 and I am powering a nice set of Klipsch Rf-7 (I think was the line) 7.1 surround set.

Don't get me wrong, it is a much better experience than the soundbar, but it isn't 5-10x better that you pay in difference. It isn't even 2x better.

ok buddy.. you buy your 3.3 star rated sound bar. 

FYI you can buy a elac setup for the same price that will smoke that sound bar.  but your money.  

and yes. it would sound 2x better.  

good luck. 

1 minute ago, JCBiggs said:

ok buddy.. you buy your 3.3 star rated sound bar. 

FYI you can buy a elac setup for the same price that will smoke that sound bar.  but your money.  

and yes. it would sound 2x better.  

good luck. 

So let me explain something to you that is a real life scenario for some people. First My living room while decent isn't a huge room by any means and huge speakers up there are going to not only take up a lot of real-estate, but also is going to give me angry glances from the wife.

Next is the fact I have 13 month twins that would love more than anything to get wrapped up with the wires even if I run them under the floor to right behind the speaker. Then there is all of these wonderful speakers for them to knock over, pull down, and destroy. A sound bar means I only need to worry about the area in front of the TV which I already have gated off from the babies. Then the remote speakers which are have been mounted to the wall and have the wiring running in the wall to a small location behind the couch where they connect up to the receiver. The sub is tucked away in another hidden location they do not have access to.

So not only does it take up much less space, require less running of wires, and is quicker to setup. It also proves to be much less of a hazard to my small children. What is the downside? Well I give up a little sound fidelity compared to my 5k+ monster downstairs. Which was a complete PITA to get perfectly setup mind you. It is also useless if you have anyone (including babies) wanting to sleep or nap as it will literally rattle them out of bed on certain occasions.

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

So let me explain something to you that is a real life scenario for some people. First My living room while decent isn't a huge room by any means and huge speakers up there are going to not only take up a lot of real-estate, but also is going to give me angry glances from the wife.

I've never understood this argument.  

Spoiler

Maybe my girl just likes the bass. xD

1 minute ago, JCBiggs said:

I've never understood this argument.  

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe my girl just likes the bass. xD

Well hope it stays that way. Remember "Happy wife happy life" start moving away from that and you will be sitting back in the stone ages 50% lighter in all regards.

6 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Well hope it stays that way. Remember "Happy wife happy life" start moving away from that and you will be sitting back in the stone ages 50% lighter in all regards.

if your staying with someone because you might lose half your shit, you are with the wrong one to begin with. #1 dont get married. #2 make sure she knows shes replaceable.  because she is. 

#3  dont buy shit soundbars. 

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

okay that actually sounded like it hurt ._.

please lean back for a catch next time if you guys must repeat this on a monitor. I can't imagine it hitting the head ,_,

Fun fact if you look closely enough to the tv in the background you can see Brandon (I think it was him) freaking out right after it happens xD

image.png.f02b174dfaed1b2920b144c66f1e2372.png

47 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

if your staying with someone because you might lose half your shit, you are with the wrong one to begin with. #1 dont get married. #2 make sure she knows shes replaceable.  because she is. 

#3  dont buy shit soundbars. 

Ok this made me chuckle a little I must admit.

Also that is NOT the reason I would stay with anyone. I was just throwing out the "Happy wife Happy life" quote. Now not to derail this thread, but you can tell a lot about someone on how they talk about women... I am hoping you are just young.

Anyways on #3 there are some bad soundbars out there. There are are also those that sound pretty damn good. I am not saying you cannot buy or build a nice 5.1 setup for a similar price in some cases, but there are also use cases that a soundbar is more beneficial. Then there is also the stance that you can pickup a $100 vizio or similar sound bar and greatly increase your listening experience compared to the built in TV speakers. So if it comes down to tv speakers or soundbar as your only options... then I think a soundbar is a very viable choice.

17 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Ok this made me chuckle a little I must admit.

Also that is NOT the reason I would stay with anyone. I was just throwing out the "Happy wife Happy life" quote. Now not to derail this thread, but you can tell a lot about someone on how they talk about women... I am hoping you are just young.

Anyways on #3 there are some bad soundbars out there. There are are also those that sound pretty damn good. I am not saying you cannot buy or build a nice 5.1 setup for a similar price in some cases, but there are also use cases that a soundbar is more beneficial. Then there is also the stance that you can pickup a $100 vizio or similar sound bar and greatly increase your listening experience compared to the built in TV speakers. So if it comes down to tv speakers or soundbar as your only options... then I think a soundbar is a very viable choice.

I see you put women in the same category you put sound bars. xD

28 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

no that's actually James. He was holding the bar before it hit the nose

hexkey wanshowtrivia

I knew it was on the wan show I just forgot who lol... It was funny to see the person behind the scenes nonetheless :P

22 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

I see you put women in the same category you put sound bars. xD

Well they both can produce a lot of sound, unfortunately I can only control the volume of one.

Don't think i'll be chopping in the Yammy any time soon

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!