MSI Mystic Light music mode modifications?

logic128

on my Z270 SLI PLUS from MSI, it has a RGB header for a light strip. in the software (Mystic Light) there's a mode for the LEDs to react to music. this is good and all but the LEDs take about 0.25 secs to update, making the reactive LEDs pretty useless.

The reason i'm asking about this here is that i was wondering how i would go about making my own software (hopefully not) or making modifications to the existing Mystic Light software to make the updates faster.

I have no idea, as I don't have MSI products, but one thing I have to ask right away is are you sure the hardware is fast enough? I'm guessing there is some RGB controller hardware in play (probably integrated, but maybe not) that actually controls the LEDs, and interfaces with the MSI software. It's possible that this controller is actually the part that takes a bit to update, and outside of somehow putting your own firmware on it, it's possible that it's just the way it is (again though, this is a lot of speculation). One way to tell is are there any other modes that make the RGBs update much faster to stimuli other than sound?

tl;dr there is probably some hardware that takes in the software commands and feeds them to the actual LEDs, and that hardware may only check for changes from the software every 0.25 seconds or so, but i'm not sure since I don't have any of this info. I'm not ACTUALLY sure why I wrote this out, since i'm actually not being helpful in the slightest o.O

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv