Regarding LTT blogs and their continued functionality

Delicieuxz

I've noticed that the LTT blogs haven't become read-only after August 1st, as was said to be happening. Is this an accident or have LTT decided to let blogs continue? I would really like if it's the latter.

If it is the latter, then I think some promotion of the blogs feature is needed - maybe an LTT video on it, so that people are aware of them and that they're still functional. I can tell by the lack of new blog posts and the reduced views on new blog posts lot of people have stopped checking them since end of July.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

I've noticed that the LTT blogs haven't become read-only after August 1st, as was said to be happening. Is this an accident or have LTT decided to let blogs continue? I would really like if it's the latter.

If it is the latter, then I think some promotion of the blogs feature is needed - maybe an LTT video on it, so that people are aware of them and that they're still functional. I can tell by the lack of new blog posts and the reduced views on new blog posts lot of people have stopped checking them since it was announced that blogs would stop working on August 1st.

@colonel_mortis Are blogs staying after all?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Well I hope they do and move the Blog button to a more visible area.

It gets forgotten under the More tab.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Yeah, I hope they've decided to let them live and promote them a bit more

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Honestly, the reason that nothing has happened is that I've been busy and forgot to disable them. However, I'm willing to give it another go, and at some point this week will publicise it a bit.

HTTP/2 203

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Honestly, the reason that nothing has happened is that I've been busy and forgot to disable them. However, I'm willing to give it another go, and at some point this week will publicise it a bit.

That's awesome!

Judging by how many LTT members were completely 'there's a blog feature?' when its announced closure was being discussed, the feature certainly suffered from lack of exposure and LTT-member awareness.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987