network cable is not properly plugged in?

chimmychunger

ok so sometimes my wifi just drops on my pc, i trouble shoot the problem and it fixed it but comes out with 

Problem found

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken      detected

Problem with wireless adapter or access point                             fixed

What can i do to permanently fix this. thanks

Connect an actual Ethernet/Network cable. Otherwise, you will have to figure out why your wifi signal is dropping, can be many things, do you have your PC settings so network can be turned off if idle too long, is the wifi router dropping the connection for any if its reason (idle, loss of network, re-neg. with provider for actual IP, etc.), is there something physical that blocks the wifi?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Connect an actual Ethernet/Network cable. Otherwise, you will have to figure out why your wifi signal is dropping, can be many things, do you have your PC settings so network can be turned off if idle too long, is the wifi router dropping the connection for any if its reason (idle, loss of network, re-neg. with provider for actual IP, etc.), is there something physical that blocks the wifi?

a brick wall is between me and the router

you could check your drivers make sure there upto date and also in your power settings, go to change power settings, advanced, go to wifi and make sure its not in power saving mode.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

you could check your drivers make sure there upto date and also in your power settings, go to change power settings, advanced, go to wifi and make sure its not in power saving mode.

its a desktop

it should still have the settings. you can do it thru device manager it basically stops the pc from turning off the wifi to save energy. it happened on my desktop when i had it on wifi

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

a brick wall is between me and the router

Here you go this will cover that.

concrete-drill-bits.jpg

And read the part about the concrete drill bits here: http://www.louyeh.com/how-to-drill-holes-in-the-cement-wall-to-hang-a-picture/

Concrete/brick will ruin your wifi, sure it works sometimes but overall it blows. Then run an Ethernet cable through the hole.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

ok so sometimes my wifi just drops on my pc, i trouble shoot the problem and it fixed it but comes out with 

Problem found

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken      detected

Problem with wireless adapter or access point                             fixed

What can i do to permanently fix this. thanks

Do any other workstations exhibit the same behavior around the same time?

Does it happen at random times or generally after you've been on the net a while?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

are you running windows 8 ? There are loads of problems with wifi dropping out on windows 8.1.

See here   you might want to try this too

Check that your power settings are not affecting this issue. You may also want to check the event log for any messages.( open start then type event viewer )

Break it. Put it back together.Then hope like hell it works. Failing that Use Gaffer Tape.... lots of it. If that doesn't work then either there isn't a problem or you haven't used enough gaffer tape,