[new build] RocketLeague

Hi peeps

As I am waiting for the last few pieces for my own "new" build, I have today started by helping a friend order the parts for his new LAN rig.

Should arrive later this week and be build latest by next weekend.
Im kind of excited to sometimes get the opportunity to play around some of the newest available tech, this time its a Ryzen 2 system.

See the list here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($165.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/White) CPU Cooler  ($32.28 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450M-K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($115.00)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($185.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 760p Series 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Toshiba - P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.00)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card  ($292.89 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: BitFenix - Formula Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer - XB241H bmipr 24.0" 1920x1080 180Hz Monitor  ($301.88 @ Amazon)
Other: Toshiba 64GB 64G USB 3.0 Flash Disk TransMemory U301 ($25.00)
Other: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120L NO-LED Computer Case Fan ($12.00)
Other: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120L NO-LED Computer Case Fan ($12.00)
Total: $1359.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-05 16:36 EDT-0400

Everything is on its way, so can't change anything.

His most played game is Rocket League and this machine should be able to give a rock solid experience in that specific game (and many others).

He set his budget to 11.000 danish kroner tops (so prices shown here are way lower, but hardware in our part of the world just cost more), requirements was as follows:

• G-sync 144Hz monitor, not bigger than 24"
  • Already own headset, keyboard and mouse
  • NO distracting RGB (yay!)
  • Reliability!
  • Low-noise
  • Preferably black
  • Slightly future proof for the foreseeable future (thats why B450 with 2600, the newest in the stores)
  • SSD for boot

Lets see how I did when its all here and build.

My Gaming PC: 27833

Just now, seoz said:

Hell yeah, I love the cooler choice, the Arctic 33 eSports is an epic cooler, this PC is going to be ice cold! :) 

its only the 1 fan ed, as its only a 65W TDP chip and the cooler should be able to handle 200W.

im quite excited as this cooler looks pretty damn nice and ties in well with the grey/black/white monochrome theme in this build

Just now, AT0MAC said:

its only the 1 fan ed, as its only a 65W TDP chip and the cooler should be able to handle 200W.

im quite excited as this cooler looks pretty damn nice and ties in well with the grey/black/white monochrome theme in this build

I too have the one fan version, I didn't think my 8600K would need the push-pull version. It is a beautiful cooler, it's literally all black and white, makes for sweet monochromatic builds like this one! :) 

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

6 hours ago, seoz said:

I too have the one fan version, I didn't think my 8600K would need the push-pull version. It is a beautiful cooler, it's literally all black and white, makes for sweet monochromatic builds like this one! :) 

I hate to make the joke, but the Freezer 33 was mentioned soo...

//@seoz//

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

4 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I hate to make the joke, but the Freezer 33 was mentioned soo...

//@seoz//

All aircooling towers look very similar, at least this one is consistent black and white.

It is like industrial design, and in some eyes that can be rather beautiful - but as always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

First part arrived!

xC6Ttr.jpg

Next delivery is supposed to hit me on Friday, so assembly can begin on Saturday.
But as usual, it all depends on delivery times..............

For the 1st time in as far back as I can remember, a danish price on a graphics card match 1:1 with same part on Newegg, that is insane! Hardware always cost more here, but nope, GPU prices are coming down as 2xxx series GTX is soon roiling in

Today MOST of the parts arrived, only 1 more thing to come - the power supply.....

I have enough parts laying around that I can build it without and swap PSUs when the right one arrives sometime next week, its delaying the delivery of the complete system but then I get to play with new Ryzen 2 for a little longer than anticipated ;)

Always look on the bright side.

CfirX4.jpg

Yes I know the picture quality is p00p. Sorry about that, will make up for it when I build.

Talking about building, if you really want to follow the process I am now on other more picture related platforms, should not be too hard to find _at0mac_, where I can instantly upload content as I build, gram by gram.

Have scheduled saturday (tomorrow) for the build, so stay tuned for more.

I really dig that case! 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

9 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I really dig that case! 

My friend who im building for dont care about the case, so I tried to find the most anonymous example from a respectable brand, there still have good airflow, is easy to build in and dont look like it was made 5 years ago + dont cost much. All boxes ticked off with Q300L!

Sorry guys, Saturday have long passed, I have been terrible busy, with other things but also with this build, not everything went as planned (like the power supply got stuck in traffic from Germany and have not arrived yet)

Luckily I have power supplies on my private stock and just picked one off the shelves... Luxury problems...

So I can not reveal what I wanted yet, but I can give you this:

iDwzUD.jpg

It's a pretty dope monochrome build with total lack of RGB!
Just wait till Im done and this will be a little pearl among the many many builds I have laid my hands on.

Sorry for the delay, I actually DID build it the Saturday I had scheduled it to be build, but a lot of stuff happened since, among other things I had a surgery today, so now when i'm recovering and don't have much else to do, then why not post the build ;)

It always starts with an unboxing.

iz623g.jpg

Pretty nice, light and cheap case!

Then there was a motherobard that kind of set the scene on what the color scheme would end up being.

ptyZ29.jpg

And there was a CPU

9uLax6.jpg

I really struggled to understand precision boost and XFR2, had a really hard time overclocking this beast because it always ended up boosting way higher than what I intended it to, it's a really tricky system. Intel is way easier!

It's just so damn hard to recommend Intel solutions for midrange PCs at the moment, you get a lot more for a little less money by going Team Red.

CPU got cooled down by this brilliant, nice looking and cheap cooler

AWdsC0.jpg

And matching thermal paste

K2v4yg.jpg

G.skill have a very good track record to work nicely with Ryzen, so therefor this pair.
It's one of the cheaper kits, so no luck in OC it higher than what it shippes at, but it was plenty fast already so no bother.

E0gtIV.jpg

This time around we found enough money in the budget to include a NVMe drive for boot. It really dont do anything for games, but for all the operations Windows and other programs do in the background it will end up making it a smoother ride all together anyway.

3PtAC0.jpg

There is also a Toshiba P300 1TB drive installed, but thats not so exciting so have not pictured it.

I did 2 lighter mods on the build - one of them is that I rearranged the stickers on the PSU, so it fit the color scheme. Sorry but dont have any pictures of how it normally look but Google is your friend if curious ;)

wD78zK.jpg

2nd mod is just something I usually do on the builds I make for other people, I scratch in my "mark" somewhere on the build where it will only be found if you disassemble it.

IDtEHW.jpg

Lets start with behind the machine, the not so pretty side...
It looks horrible, but by doing it like this, then there is very little cables visible on the important side, and the ugly duckling HDD is hidden away too.

jRvb7m.jpg

And how does it then look assembled?
Without the acrylic panel

iTGaJ7.jpg

Its really difficult to take pictures of acrylic or glass, or at least, I dont know how. So here it is totally assembled

UvxqQH.jpg

And does it actually work?
Yes it does!

2HzeMl.jpg

The red light is the LEDs on my monitor, not part of this build. and the USB LED was to see that the fans are all actually spinning, the acrylic is rather dark.

Maybe I will add some videos and benchmarks on a coming date, I have them, the system is already delivered and installed in the home where it belongs, I just thought I at least owed you this for now.

Enjoy and hope I inspired you :)

This is one of my actually quickest build to put together, can for sure be build by anyone, dont cost a ton of money and really shines on the performance front!

by the way, dont buy the casefans i used if your doing the same, spend just a little more, they are cheap and so is their quality.

at least its the same fan there came with the case, so all 3 fans match

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have been "afk" for a while now, I had surgery and its been a much harder recovery than I thought it would be, but finally things are looking brighter and I feel the energy is coming back and the pain is going down.

Lets kick it off with the easiest update - the benchmarks for this build!

First, a look of how a Windows 10 setup by me looks, without too many distractions and only the most necessary things installed from the get go.

If you notice strange letters, æ, ø å, then that can be explained by me and my friend being Danish.

H3KvDe.png

LAzqin.png

Let me show you a few shots from HWMonitor that shows part of the problem I realized at the end - overclocking is not worth it on this build.

After playing 15 minutes of fortnite:

ls3ame.png

After about 2 hours of various games:

joW3ZG.png

Notice the CPU speed?

It gets crazy high! 4.7 GHz!

Its stable for like 10 minutes at a time in all the benchmarks or games I threw at it - but for long usual gaming sessions it runs out of breath and restarts, my guess? I think its the VRMs overheating and shutting down.

So by the time I delivered it the machine is actually only running its usual XFR2 that will all by itself get it somewhere around 4.3 GHz dead on stable.

You need a better board and more serious cooling to overclock a Ryzen 2.

Let me give you some GPU benchmarks:

Blender BMW GPU test in 10m 06s

0ZPJEW.png

Superposition 1080p High 6649 points

6x5bC8.png

Furmark 1080p, 4873 points

M1xlBv.png

RXh89W.png

Some CPU benchmarks, like Geekbench

HPfCef.png

A valid 4GHz all core overclock, but remember, this was before the system got pushed and XFR2 kicked it up to 4.3-4.7 and it crashes. But this was the speed all the tests where run at, because tests are not long and demanding enough to crash it.
Remember I said im fairly sure its a VRM heat buildup issue with this specific setup, so I will not recommend OC this machine.

uxzsoG.png

Cinebench R15

j2OcfD.png

Timespy score of 4637

AODCuN.png

Apparently better than 47% of all time spy submitted scores, not too bad for this kind of money

bDDJiU.png

And lastly for this time around, UserBenchmark
Its said not to be a very reliable benchmark, but I like it because there are no settings what so ever, its always the same way everybody test

8vDH3C.png

If you trust usrbench, then this machine really is flying! And to be honest, it really feels like it too, its pretty fast...

rPxcl7.png

Got to love the Toshiba P300, they have never let me down, fast reliable cheap storage.

uV3Rxv.png

So that was it for this time.
I have some video of the project too, I want to make a small showcase out of it but it takes time to get it right.

Hopefully will see you another time around ;)