Is Your Gaming Rig Being Bottlenecked??

45 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

sounds like WoW is more demanding than Smite ._. don't forget different games tax the same system differently.

lower the settings on WoW, or if you really want to....

this isn't normal. are your drivers up to date?

you might want to create a new thread in Troubleshooting or PC Gaming for that new GTX 1080ti

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/46-troubleshooting/

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/11-pc-gaming/

also (just for reference) what exactly is your PSU?

Ty for response. Corsair rm 750 x brand new. voltages are completely kosher too. I've played csgo since beta release and it wouldn't surprise me if there's an issue with optimization exclusively.

Heres a question, was the FX-6350 a standard one, or a Black edition that starts at 4.2GHz?

Got a really good deal on a second hand i7 3770(non k)system and slapped a gtx 1060 in it. And now I have n idea if that was a smart move or not.

27 minutes ago, BosVark said:

Got a really good deal on a second hand i7 3770(non k)system and slapped a gtx 1060 in it. And now I have n idea if that was a smart move or not.

No, great pairing

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Guys I've got a small problem...

At the moment my cpu is OC'd i7 4770k @4.2 with 16GB RAM @2133mhz and yet Ive bought a 1080 TI 11gb.

The question is - should I reconsider changing the mobo/cpu and ram to new generation or I can stay with the current setup for like 1-2 more years?

My PC is mainly for playing games and sometimes doing some stuff in photoshop/illustrator, occasionally also in after effects.

I've heard there's no much difference between DDR3 and DDR4 in terms of gaming so idk.

Should I upgrade my GPU ? The bottleneck is real ? I only play PUBG and CS:GO.

PUBG very low settings 1920x1080 - 75-120FPS 

CSGO very low settings 1280x1024 - 300+FPS

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 4.80GHz 1.28v
 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
 Motherboard: MSI Z370 KRAIT GAMING
 Graphics Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti D5 4GB OC +25%
 Storage: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128GB + SSD ADATA XPG SX900 128GB + Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB
 RAM: Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15
 PSU: Thermaltake Hamburg 530W
 Display: BenQ Gaming Zowie XL2411 24 inch 1ms Black 144Hz

29 minutes ago, BLITZERIAN said:

Storage: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128GB + SSD ADATA XPG SX900 128GB + Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB

http://thebottlenecker.com/#calculator

I'm using a 980 to get by with my 8700k and the caculator only shows 23%, but my fps is far more stable than with my 1080ti. Looks like a fine setup.

Hey guys! 

Just need a little help to prevent bottlenecking on my gaming PC. I'm new to upgrading/building PCs, but I know how the basics work because I'm an IT intern. I want to upgrade a Dell Precision T1700 I just got from a friend to use for gaming that has the following specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3

GPU: quadro k600 (this GPU can only support CSGO on ~18 fps :/ I know--it stinks)

RAM: 2x 8 GB DDR4

PSU: 240 watts

I'm planning on getting these upgrades:

PSU: Corsair 750 Watts

GPU: Ti-1060 6GB

CPU: either Core i7-4820k or Core i7-8700k

I used the bottlenecker calculator thanks to @aezakmi to get an idea for what CPU I should get, and I think the TI-1060 is the GPU I want. If there's any better recommendations for what I should get, that would be much appreciated. I'm planning to get the parts to upgrade this PC and then use those parts to start building a newer, better gaming PC so I don't want to buy a new PC or start from scratch just yet.

Does anyone happen to know if upgrading to that CPU would work with this PC? And if it's a matter of compatability with the motherboard, how would I find out the motherboard information without fully taking the PC apart?  Thanks! 

11 hours ago, VegetableStu said:
On 2018-08-05 at 7:04 PM, ArabLord said:

I have a lot of questions about bottlenecks if anyone can help. 

I currently have an i7 4770k and a gtx 770. It’s doing ok so far but I want a 1080. Will this cause any bottleneck and should just get a new system with the 8700k with the 1080 or the the i9 and 1180 when they come out?

What games are you looking to play and what programs are you looking to run? the 4770k might do fairly okay for another year or 3, so

All range of games from rise of the tomb raider/assassins creed/Witcher 3 to games like stardew valley/minecraft. 

I would prefer to have high settings with 60fps though. 

A 4 gen old processor can do well for another 3 years?

Wow thx so much for responding to everyone!! Primarily I play Battlefront 2 and Xcom 2(heavily modded). I do drop some frames here and thereo n xcom 2 (mainly on deployment cut scenes and fighting the lost) but I've never been sure if it's because of bottlenecking or mods

13 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

._.

What games are you playing in particular?

What games or work programs do you have in mind?

What games are you playing in particular? and which VR games/programs are you looking to do?

Yeah a new(er) CPU and motherboard would help alleviate things a bit. Keep in mind most common modern systems run on DDR4, so you'd be looking at a new system

do you have a framerate number while you're in farming simulator? if it's about 50 to 70fps you should really do fine ._.

(do also make a new thread in New Builds and Planning if you decide to start planning your upgrade https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/)

what kind of footage format are you working with? are they in cineform or other formats? most of the time you'd be looking at CPU for most codecs, but your CPU should do fine.

You should make a new thread in New Builds and Planning, you'd get more visibility there. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

also are there any GPU-based plugins you're aware of?

1. Good on you!
  2. Should do fine in most medium settings. which games are you looking to play?
  3. (do make a new thread in Graphics Cards, you'll get better help there https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/16-graphics-cards/)

as they say in my hometown: "you ask me, I ask who?"

How much RAM do you have? What are you looking to run on your system?

What games or programs are you looking to run on them?

those are pretty old ._. what programs are you trying to run?

What games are you looking to play and what programs are you looking to run? the 4770k might do fairly okay for another year or 3, so

._.

what programs and games are you looking at? You'll get better help at new builds and planning https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/)

Higher clockspeed. turning the frame counter off will help.

what games and programs do you want to run?

for which game and programs?

which games are they? if you're around 50 to 70fps you shouldn't need to worry

does it stutter when you play? is the fortnite files on an SSD?

in general I'd point to CPU since the 1050ti should be fine for 60-ish fps on mid-ish-high

no one knows yet. also you're doing fine if you're currently stable around 60 or 120fps.

what program or game are you wanting to run this on?

any specific games or programs you're looking to play with?

(Silly is answering 32 quotes at once, LOL)

two things: look into 16GB RAM and a fairly well-sized SSD (say let's start with 0.5TB). either of them are contributing to read times. (RAM for playback, HDD for file handling and exporting)

if you feel the export times are a bit long, having a CPU with more cores will help. I was about to say your GPU should do fine if you're not using too many effects or layers, but I forget you're using a laptop (EDIT: I mean like you can't possibly upgrade the CPU or GPU on it), so your next step would be working towards a better PC/Laptop. Save up towards a new system and make a new thread in New Builds and Planning whenever you're ready https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

mmm, particle effects slowdown is harder to pinpoint. sometimes it's the CPU not accounting for the particles quick enough. sometimes it the GPU having to shade a lot of effects. sometimes it's the game that's not too optimised for it.

there's a reason reviewers stick to specific games when reviewing hardware, and that's due to the consistent and not too varied "load" between light scenes and sudden demanding detail

try turning off/down the particle effects if you can and see if it runs better. if it's somewhat the same then you can start doing things like overclocking and whatnot. you should do fine when you're stable around 60 or 120 fps.

One GPU. SLI only works when it does (that's where driver update comes in), and two GPUs usually does 180% ish rather than 200%, again, when it works.

Are you stuttering in CSGO or PUGB alone? if it's only when streaming then what are your streaming settings?

(also pointing to entire system in general for streaming, but let's see what you're working with first)

which game and program are you using?

which game are you playing? how bad is the framerate? are you okay with medium settings?

on which game and program?

do you have a detailed graphics setting in BF1? are you playing on a hard surface or on your bed?

what will you be using your rig for? (and maybe which games?)

Back up all your data on your Hitachi HDD. come back later.

which game or program do you want to run?

just to start off, you're looking at longer load times with the HDDs, but don't entirely exclude them from your system. use them for general storage.

if you're around 60 or 120 fps stable you should do fine. if you're experiencing stutters, which game is it?

for which game or program?

which game is this for?

when and how often does it stutter while playing Rainbow 6 Siege? (also is your game on an SSD?)

what are your RAM and storage specs? PUGB is pretty object0intensive (like GTA) so my first guess would point to the CPU

13 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

._.

What games are you playing in particular?

What games or work programs do you have in mind?

What games are you playing in particular? and which VR games/programs are you looking to do?

Yeah a new(er) CPU and motherboard would help alleviate things a bit. Keep in mind most common modern systems run on DDR4, so you'd be looking at a new system

do you have a framerate number while you're in farming simulator? if it's about 50 to 70fps you should really do fine ._.

(do also make a new thread in New Builds and Planning if you decide to start planning your upgrade https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/)

what kind of footage format are you working with? are they in cineform or other formats? most of the time you'd be looking at CPU for most codecs, but your CPU should do fine.

You should make a new thread in New Builds and Planning, you'd get more visibility there. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

also are there any GPU-based plugins you're aware of?

1. Good on you!
  2. Should do fine in most medium settings. which games are you looking to play?
  3. (do make a new thread in Graphics Cards, you'll get better help there https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/16-graphics-cards/)

as they say in my hometown: "you ask me, I ask who?"

How much RAM do you have? What are you looking to run on your system?

What games or programs are you looking to run on them?

those are pretty old ._. what programs are you trying to run?

._.

what programs and games are you looking at? You'll get better help at new builds and planning https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/)

Higher clockspeed. turning the frame counter off will help.

what games and programs do you want to run?

for which game and programs?

which games are they? if you're around 50 to 70fps you shouldn't need to worry

does it stutter when you play? is the fortnite files on an SSD?

in general I'd point to CPU since the 1050ti should be fine for 60-ish fps on mid-ish-high

no one knows yet. also you're doing fine if you're currently stable around 60 or 120fps.

what program or game are you wanting to run this on?

any specific games or programs you're looking to play with?

(Silly is answering 32 quotes at once, LOL)

two things: look into 16GB RAM and a fairly well-sized SSD (say let's start with 0.5TB). either of them are contributing to read times. (RAM for playback, HDD for file handling and exporting)

if you feel the export times are a bit long, having a CPU with more cores will help. I was about to say your GPU should do fine if you're not using too many effects or layers, but I forget you're using a laptop (EDIT: I mean like you can't possibly upgrade the CPU or GPU on it), so your next step would be working towards a better PC/Laptop. Save up towards a new system and make a new thread in New Builds and Planning whenever you're ready https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

mmm, particle effects slowdown is harder to pinpoint. sometimes it's the CPU not accounting for the particles quick enough. sometimes it the GPU having to shade a lot of effects. sometimes it's the game that's not too optimised for it.

there's a reason reviewers stick to specific games when reviewing hardware, and that's due to the consistent and not too varied "load" between light scenes and sudden demanding detail

try turning off/down the particle effects if you can and see if it runs better. if it's somewhat the same then you can start doing things like overclocking and whatnot. you should do fine when you're stable around 60 or 120 fps.

One GPU. SLI only works when it does (that's where driver update comes in), and two GPUs usually does 180% ish rather than 200%, again, when it works.

Are you stuttering in CSGO or PUGB alone? if it's only when streaming then what are your streaming settings?

(also pointing to entire system in general for streaming, but let's see what you're working with first)

which game and program are you using?

which game are you playing? how bad is the framerate? are you okay with medium settings?

on which game and program?

do you have a detailed graphics setting in BF1? are you playing on a hard surface or on your bed?

what will you be using your rig for? (and maybe which games?)

Back up all your data on your Hitachi HDD. come back later.

which game or program do you want to run?

just to start off, you're looking at longer load times with the HDDs, but don't entirely exclude them from your system. use them for general storage.

if you're around 60 or 120 fps stable you should do fine. if you're experiencing stutters, which game is it?

for which game or program?

which game is this for?

when and how often does it stutter while playing Rainbow 6 Siege? (also is your game on an SSD?)

what are your RAM and storage specs? PUGB is pretty object0intensive (like GTA) so my first guess would point to the CPU

Wow thx so much for responding to everyone!! Primarily I play Battlefront 2 and Xcom 2(heavily modded). I do drop some frames here and thereo n xcom 2 (mainly on deployment cut scenes and fighting the lost) but I've never been sure if it's because of bottlenecking or mods

6 hours ago, BLITZERIAN said:

Definitely the gpu. Everything is else is way overpowered for those games

Great video, I was curious as to what you thought about my rig on the bottleneck front.

Rig:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

MB ASUS PRIME b350

16GB DDR4 RAM

4GB AMD RADEON RX 560

This can't be right.

image.png.8bc89592178fc0b0a744d209e1ed0b0b.png

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

According to the bottlenecker, ever single server operated by datacenters like facebook and google around the world are extreme bottlenecks because they usually have strong xeon processors but have only the most basic VGA graphics chip for video output.

Well yea I can see that... but a 8 year old GTX 550Ti bottlenecking my 8 year old Phenom chip? And that I should upgrade to a RX 570? That's not right.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Every rig out there is bottle necked by the humans using it.

I think my build is pretty well balanced

Ryzen 2600X

GTX 1070Ti FE

MSI X470 Gaming Plus 

16gb of G.Skill RipJaws V 3200 ddr4 ram

250gb WD Black M.2 NVME SSD

2TB Seagate hybrid drive

the replies in this thread....holy shit

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

My rig is nice. But during Destiny 2 and Fortnite, when playing with other users on a team or squad I find it lags like crazy. I know it’s not my internet as it does this while I have friends over for LAN parties as well and they don’t experience anything like this. My set up:

i7-7700k

gskill 16gb-3200mhz

asus mark 1 z270 mobo

evga ftw3 1080ti

corsair 1200i psu

samsung SSD main boot

WD Black 1TB Games and stuff

2 asus 28” 4k @60hz monitors, game on one stream on the other (lag happens whether I’m streaming or not)

All those new members asking about bottleneck...

That was a genius move by Linus to attract new users to the forum

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

4 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

sorry, miscounted somewhere. I stretched my first PC pretty far (i7 870. for 7 years). Stuck to medium settings for all my games. if I started with a 4770 instead (somehow with a time machine) I would still stretch it for 7 years, maybe one more. my work demands have changed though, so my current PC (2-3 years old) might see an upgrade in a year's time ,_,

you'll do more if you upgrade from your GTX 770 though, this will get you better shadows and lighting effects (and larger textures with more VRAM). if you don't stutter during very busy scenes (e.g. you walk into a new area and the game doesn't freeze for a few seconds to load everything that's appearing) you should really do fine, otherwise lower the model detail in settings, or plan your next upgrade with a better CPU. make a post in New Builds when you're starting to plan for one. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Start with a GTX1060 or equivalent (that's if you can get a 970 or 980 secondhand) (or whatever's next on Nvidia's board. 1150? 2050?) (you can try looking into an AMD RX 570 or 580, but Assassisin's creed origins may hover under 45fps. definitely try for secondhand or clearance if you decide to buy it, don't buy this new).  also do the lower model detail thing first to see if you can alleviate some stutters if you feel that it happens.

does it drop for a frame or two or does it just stop drawing for a second or two?

Personally I'd lower the settings a bit (possibly just one setting. either the texture detail or model detail) since it's much quicker than actually buying new hardware ._.

also might depend on how the game handles mod files and what the game is given, so anything too specific might require a visit the forum where the mod came from

Its definitely frames on certain scenes it will drop to 23fps and then back up to 60 fps

Rather than start a new topic, thought I'd latch onto this post.  Considering upgrading my cpu, mobo, and ram to be more in line with my gtx 1070.  I have a i5 3570k from forever ago and am thinking about going Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x with compatible motherboard and ram.  I play on a 1440p monitor and am happy with the frames I get in almost all my games on high and ultra.  I don't get what I want out of some games, though. R6 Siege and other games of the sort seem to have dips.  Am trying to decide whether to invest in the upgrade now as opposed to later for games later in the year and future like Tomb Raider and such.  Would spending the money to get cpu, mobo, and ram into this generation help out the 1070 a significant amount or is my processor not as bad as I think?  Have tried looking up test videos, but figured I'd check with people who might know more.  Yes, the bottlenecking video got me here.

15 hours ago, sonludus2 said:

Hey guys! 

Just need a little help to prevent bottlenecking on my gaming PC. I'm new to upgrading/building PCs, but I know how the basics work because I'm an IT intern. I want to upgrade a Dell Precision T1700 I just got from a friend to use for gaming that has the following specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3

GPU: quadro k600 (this GPU can only support CSGO on ~18 fps :/ I know--it stinks)

RAM: 2x 8 GB DDR4

PSU: 240 watts

I'm planning on getting these upgrades:

PSU: Corsair 750 Watts

GPU: Ti-1060 6GB

CPU: either Core i7-4820k or Core i7-8700k

I used the bottlenecker calculator thanks to @aezakmi to get an idea for what CPU I should get, and I think the TI-1060 is the GPU I want. If there's any better recommendations for what I should get, that would be much appreciated. I'm planning to get the parts to upgrade this PC and then use those parts to start building a newer, better gaming PC so I don't want to buy a new PC or start from scratch just yet.

Does anyone happen to know if upgrading to that CPU would work with this PC? And if it's a matter of compatability with the motherboard, how would I find out the motherboard information without fully taking the PC apart?  Thanks! 

Quick update: just got a Ti-1060 6 GB and a Corsair 750 Watt PSU. Now I just have the question about whether or not I should upgrade my CPU and what I should upgrade to.

8 hours ago, Zeeman said:

Great video, I was curious as to what you thought about my rig on the bottleneck front.

Rig:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

MB ASUS PRIME b350

16GB DDR4 RAM

4GB AMD RADEON RX 560

that gpu

7 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Well yea I can see that... but a 8 year old GTX 550Ti bottlenecking my 8 year old Phenom chip? And that I should upgrade to a RX 570? That's not right.

i had a gtx 550ti paired with an old intel penitium 4, forget the exact one. it did pretty decent. then i paired it with a amd fx8320 and it became a bottleneck, and i went to a gtx 760, and then after 2/3 years went to a r9 390x. i'm looking to upgrade again but not sure i'm i should wait or pull the trigger, looking at buying in september.
i still have and  use the gtx 550ti in my parents computer, with a fx 6100

8 hours ago, VegetableStu said:
14 hours ago, ArabLord said:

All range of games from rise of the tomb raider/assassins creed/Witcher 3 to games like stardew valley/minecraft. 

I would prefer to have high settings with 60fps though. 

A 4 gen old processor can do well for another 3 years?

sorry, miscounted somewhere. I stretched my first PC pretty far (i7 870. for 7 years). Stuck to medium settings for all my games. if I started with a 4770 instead (somehow with a time machine) I would still stretch it for 7 years, maybe one more. my work demands have changed though, so my current PC (2-3 years old) might see an upgrade in a year's time ,_,

you'll do more if you upgrade from your GTX 770 though, this will get you better shadows and lighting effects (and larger textures with more VRAM). if you don't stutter during very busy scenes (e.g. you walk into a new area and the game doesn't freeze for a few seconds to load everything that's appearing) you should really do fine, otherwise lower the model detail in settings, or plan your next upgrade with a better CPU. make a post in New Builds when you're starting to plan for one. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Start with a GTX1060 or equivalent (that's if you can get a 970 or 980 secondhand) (or whatever's next on Nvidia's board. 1150? 2050?) (you can try looking into an AMD RX 570 or 580, but Assassisin's creed origins may hover under 45fps. definitely try for secondhand or clearance if you decide to buy it, don't buy this new).  also do the lower model detail thing first to see if you can alleviate some stutters if you feel that it happens.

Thanks for the detailed response. But the reason for the 1080 or 1180/2080 is because I want to upgrade in the near future. I would keep the 1080 and buy the new parts. 

Games don’t really stutter as much but the frames are getting close to 30fps.