Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dialgarocksful

min() for rows?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I have this dilemma here. I'd like to know if using min() is viable for rows. Am trying to get the lowest price that isn't a zero per item

 

EDIT: I need to call the column_name with matching price from store1/store2/store3.

 

a.png


 

Spoiler

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

why not redesign the table?

just three rows: item_name, store, price

just use a normal search and you don't need to save any values for stores which don't have the item.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

why not redesign the table?

just three rows: item_name, store, price

just use a normal search and you don't need to save any values for stores which don't have the item.

it's more of a price comparison tool to get the cheapest possible price (much like pcpartpicker's). i still need the original prices of items per store


 

Spoiler

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dialgarocksful said:

it's more of a price comparison tool to get the cheapest possible price (much like pcpartpicker's). i still need the original prices of items per store

you still have it. The table would look like this:

item_name store_ID price
a 1 100
a 2 200
a 3 150
b 2 1000
c 1 500
c 3 700
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

you still have it. The table would look like this:

item_name store_ID price
a 1 100
a 2 200
a 3 150
b 2 1000
c 1 500
c 3 700

I think I got it using least() and having a where clause that the price > 0.

 

Next dilemma is getting the name of the column (from the original table where the price is equal to the answer of the least query ).

 


 

Spoiler

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×