"New" laptop really slow

So I bought a laptop from a guy who was looking for a repair a while back. I got a toshiba p55w-b5112. The problem was there was an unknown problem with the motherboard (probably a short). I have had the laptop sitting in my drawer for about 4 months and finally received the motherboard a couple days ago. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the fact that it is painfully slow... Like, It takes 5 mines before task manager opens up to see what's slowing it down. At some points it is pretty fast and normal, but about 10 mins after startup it is back to being slow. Startup does't take that long, but trying to get off the sleep screen and enter my pin takes about 5 mins each time. Its running windows build 1709, and i put a seagate firecuda 2tb sshd in it.

(I started with a fresh build of windows on a blank drive, and that was a pain. It wouldn't let me install windows because it was a GPT drive, so i tried switching BIOS from Legacy to UEFI, but then it just bluescreened every time. After figuring out how to change it to MBR, and figuring out the right BIOS settings, i got it to download windows.) In fact, about 30 words ago, chrome just stopped responding. I know I am dragging this out (I like typing), so if you have ideas and suggestions, please help me.

Full specs?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Intel i7-5500U, HD 5500 shared GPU, 8gb ddr3l, 2tb seagate firecuda SSHD. But now I have a different problem and I posted a separate thread.

Probably need a SSD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128