Jump to content
Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giusgius

Games that require SSE4.2 CPU instructions

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking for a list of games which require SSE4.2 instructions.

As you know Q9650 and E5450 (Yorkfield & Harpertown) are good CPUs for gaming.

They are cheap, can be easily modified and many use them on their old systems.

 

But these old CPUs doesn't have SSE4.2 so games won't start, they have SSE4.1.

They doesn't have it but they can play those games at med specs with good GPU.

 

I'm looking for the list of games or this kinda information if it is available...

Or if some of you knows any info about this please write here...

I don't think the list exists but I'm still searching.

Screenshot_2018-08-04-21-35-48.png

Screenshot_2018-08-04-21-36-49.png


Monitor: Asus VX239H TV: Panasonic TX-58DXR800 ;)

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 RAM: HYNIX PC3 10600U 3X4GB :P

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 GPU: ASUS HD7990-6GD5 B|
HDD/SSD: SanDisk ExtremePRO 240GB & Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB ^_^

Sound: Asus Xonar D2 & Logitech Z906 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2 :D

SONY: <> DSC-WX350  <> VAIO E17 <> WALKMAN NWZ-B183F <> XPERIA XL <:x

Extras: Android 4.4.4 Stock Rooted <> Windows 8.1 Core x64 :)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any games that run the more recent versions of denuvo DRM will require 4.2. 

 


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As far as we know, most of the reason why any game needed SSE4.2 was because the DRM (probably Denuvo) needed it.

This is the list of games using Denuvo I found in Wikipedia... So as I guess these games will not be playable on Harpertown/Yorkfield. 

 

screenshot-en.wikipedia.org-2018.08.06-11-27-10.png


Monitor: Asus VX239H TV: Panasonic TX-58DXR800 ;)

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 RAM: HYNIX PC3 10600U 3X4GB :P

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 GPU: ASUS HD7990-6GD5 B|
HDD/SSD: SanDisk ExtremePRO 240GB & Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB ^_^

Sound: Asus Xonar D2 & Logitech Z906 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2 :D

SONY: <> DSC-WX350  <> VAIO E17 <> WALKMAN NWZ-B183F <> XPERIA XL <:x

Extras: Android 4.4.4 Stock Rooted <> Windows 8.1 Core x64 :)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.8.2018 at 7:37 PM, giusgius said:

I'm looking for a list of games which require SSE4.2 instructions.

As you know Q9650 and E5450 (Yorkfield & Harpertown) are good CPUs for gaming.

Not really because they are already 13 years old, don't run many games and even if they do they run slow.

They aren't even 4 Core CPUs! Its 2 Core CPUs slapped together, Have an external memory controller in the Chipset and both CPUs communicate via the FSB - wich costs performance...

 

And to be blunt:

Back in 2006 you'd never ever thought about using these CPUs in 13 years because 2006 -13 -> 1993. That is the introduction of the Pentium area. the ones without multiplier. THe 5V Pentium Chips. THe ones with 60 and 66MHz. For 878 Dollar and 965.

 

So most of the stuff is 80486 stuff. And around so 4-8MiB RAM usually. 16 if you're lucky.

 

On 4.8.2018 at 7:37 PM, giusgius said:

They are cheap, can be easily modified and many use them on their old systems.

They seem cheap...

Problem is that everything that is somewhat usable today is hella expensive. LGA1366 CPUs are dirt cheap. Some decentish 4 Core CPUs can be gotten for like 10 Bucks with Shipping and stuff. Problem: The Boards are like 200€, if you find some decent ones...

 

On 4.8.2018 at 7:37 PM, giusgius said:

But these old CPUs doesn't have SSE4.2 so games won't start, they have SSE4.1.

They doesn't have it but they can play those games at med specs with good GPU.

Well and most of the Boards also don't support DDR3-SDRAM wich limits their max. capacity to 8 GiB RAM for wich you already need 4 Sticks...

And some of them seem to be dying too....

 

 

Anyway, don't you have a Steam Libary on your main system?

Why not just try it?

 

tbh I don't have a usable C2D System with decent Graphics and so on and other things to do...

 

And I find it more interesting to experiment with Registred ECC DDR-2 SDRAM on "the other Side"

 

 

And with the Console APUs supporting SSE4.2 as well, I doubt its all about the copy protection...

 

And another thing to think about:

Core 2 Duo isn't even listed as minimum requirement!

Many modern Games have a Sandy or Ivy Bridge and AMD Bulldozer as minimum requirement....

 


Sorry to say but use it with the games that run well on it and be happy that some games work (somewhat) well with it. But don't expect anything. 

 


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Not really because they are already 13 years old, don't run many games and even if they do they run slow.

They aren't even 4 Core CPUs! Its 2 Core CPUs slapped together, Have an external memory controller in the Chipset and both CPUs communicate via the FSB - wich costs performance...

 

And to be blunt:

Back in 2006 you'd never ever thought about using these CPUs in 13 years because 2006 -13 -> 1993. That is the introduction of the Pentium area. the ones without multiplier. THe 5V Pentium Chips. THe ones with 60 and 66MHz. For 878 Dollar and 965.

 

So most of the stuff is 80486 stuff. And around so 4-8MiB RAM usually. 16 if you're lucky.

 

They seem cheap...

Problem is that everything that is somewhat usable today is hella expensive. LGA1366 CPUs are dirt cheap. Some decentish 4 Core CPUs can be gotten for like 10 Bucks with Shipping and stuff. Problem: The Boards are like 200€, if you find some decent ones...

 

Well and most of the Boards also don't support DDR3-SDRAM wich limits their max. capacity to 8 GiB RAM for wich you already need 4 Sticks...

And some of them seem to be dying too....

 

 

Anyway, don't you have a Steam Libary on your main system?

Why not just try it?

 

tbh I don't have a usable C2D System with decent Graphics and so on and other things to do...

 

And I find it more interesting to experiment with Registred ECC DDR-2 SDRAM on "the other Side"

 

 

And with the Console APUs supporting SSE4.2 as well, I doubt its all about the copy protection...

 

And another thing to think about:

Core 2 Duo isn't even listed as minimum requirement!

Many modern Games have a Sandy or Ivy Bridge and AMD Bulldozer as minimum requirement....

 


Sorry to say but use it with the games that run well on it and be happy that some games work (somewhat) well with it. But don't expect anything. 

 

You said it right but as I said this is cheap alternative, people why can not afford newer systems and stuck wih legacy 775 socket. 

 

You maybe do not remember but you can play most games on Q9650 + 1050Ti. Hard to play 2018 games but still be playable at lowest settings and that contents most people.  

 

And extra stuff makes no sense here like: FSB, CORE2DUO,  DDR2 or 10 years socket because people play games on it. My friend has that system Q9650 and 750 Ti,  other also has Q9650 with 1050 and they play everything, except new games which require SSE 4.2 CPU instructions, 775 doesn't support that,  games won't start like AC: ORIGINS, FC5, if that has no DRM that can be playable at low settings. Not everyone wants to play at high settings, when you can't afford it, med settings is also good for you, even low, at least it is better then not player at all right...

 

Also minimum system requirements aren't big deal in this "low spec gamer"case.

I have seen many has minimum i5 2500 and 660 GTX but still playable at 30fps on Q9650 DDR2 750Ti system.

 

Core 2 quad is minimum good CPU for minimum gaming. Cos upgrade is easy, cheap, and good enough...  Xeon, DDR2, Mobo is cheap...

 

For other systems  - Upgrade is hard, costs is high, not very much but combined cost is high.

You can not get 2nd gen i5 with mobo and RAM when you are short of funds.

You can not get 1St Gen i5 and 1366 mobo, socket is expensive. 

Of course you can not get 4 gen i5, 4gen is expensive still.

Not talking about new systems...

 

#lowspecgamer


Monitor: Asus VX239H TV: Panasonic TX-58DXR800 ;)

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 RAM: HYNIX PC3 10600U 3X4GB :P

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 GPU: ASUS HD7990-6GD5 B|
HDD/SSD: SanDisk ExtremePRO 240GB & Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB ^_^

Sound: Asus Xonar D2 & Logitech Z906 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2 :D

SONY: <> DSC-WX350  <> VAIO E17 <> WALKMAN NWZ-B183F <> XPERIA XL <:x

Extras: Android 4.4.4 Stock Rooted <> Windows 8.1 Core x64 :)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, giusgius said:

You said it right but as I said this is cheap alternative, people why can not afford newer systems and stuck wih legacy 775 socket. 

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get a Sendy Bridge CPU or later for a good price with an OEM Board, that won't give them the headache of Core 2 Duo based system does.

 

Yes, you need at least a Core i3, but even those are way better than the Core and things actually run.

 

And for the rest, why not go for console??

 

1 hour ago, giusgius said:

You maybe do not remember but you can play most games on Q9650 + 1050Ti.

Many or a couple, not most.

And if you have 200€ for a 1050ti, you should also have the money for a newer system as the 1050ti is already ~200€ or more....

 

So your argument falls apart right here right now, especially since you can get something usable for modern games for like 50€ or less. Like a GTX7770, maybe 7850.

 

Or just go for a 100€ Ryzen 3/2200G. 

Or look at the last Scrapyard Wars System from Luke!

He got an older AMD APU. ALthough its not great, its still better than a Core 2 Duo.

 

Especially since nobody wants it, an FM2 or FM2+ or maybe AM3+ System could make more sense than the C2D.


And even with Bulldozer some games run like shit, why should they be any more playable on an older system?!

 

1 hour ago, giusgius said:

Hard to play 2018 games but still be playable at lowest settings and that contents most people.  

...and then I can also play them on a Playstation 3 for 50€ or so...

And the PS3 is the shittiest console of the time...

 

And the same is true for an AMD APU, no need for a 200€ Graphics Card...

 

But then again, why not get an older Console? If you just want to play games...

And the newer consoles are also not bad.

 

And what about Athlon 5350??

What about AMD A8-5600K?

Or AMD Athlon X4 750??

 

 

1 hour ago, giusgius said:

And extra stuff makes no sense here like: FSB, CORE2DUO,  DDR2 or 10 years socket because people play games on it.

Because you don't want to understand what I was saying...

Just google it pls.

FSB is the Bus that connects the CPU to the Chipset and contains Memory Transfers.

Core 2 Quad Package looks like this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/INTEL-MOBILE-CPU-CORE-2-QUAD_106156095.html

 

And the biggest Modules available for DDR2 that work in standard Systems are 2GiB.

While for AMD you could use the higher capacity Server Memory -> Registred ECC Memory. Those are available in 4 and sometimes (rare) 8GiB. 

 

But then again, 8GiB is the bare minimum today, 16GiB should be possible for gaming these days...

 

And the Rest: 10 years ago with a 10 Year old CPU you couldn't start shit, you wouldn't even think about that!

Because that would have been entry level ~500MHz CPUs.

 

1 hour ago, giusgius said:

My friend has that system Q9650 and 750 Ti,  other also has Q9650 with 1050 and they play everything, except new games which require SSE 4.2 CPU instructions, 775 doesn't support that,  games won't start like AC: ORIGINS, FC5, if that has no DRM that can be playable at low settings. Not everyone wants to play at high settings, when you can't afford it, med settings is also good for you, even low, at least it is better then not player at all right...

Sorry to be mean, but we are talking about CPUs from 2008 or prior, how long should Software Developer think about that old shit?!

 

If they do that all the time, we wouldn't see any progress at all and the Software would have been at a standstill.

 

And there are also some Alternatives available that shouldn't cost that much more, wich have SSE4.2...

AMD Richland for example...

 

And you could also look for an older Graphics card that isn't that bad like the above mentioned Radeon HD7770 or 7850, maybe 7870.

YOU should be able to get it for the same price as the LGA775 parts with a GTX1050ti....

 

Because that literally makes no sense. If you don't have the money, you don't have the money for the 1050ti and an older Graphics Card with a newer CPU makes more sense than using the most ancient piece of Hardware with a modern ~200€ Graphics card.

 

Balancing the Systems is important. And your systems are NOT balanced at all.

 

1 hour ago, giusgius said:

For other systems  - Upgrade is hard, costs is high, not very much but combined cost is high.

You can not get 2nd gen i5 with mobo and RAM when you are short of funds.

You can not get 1St Gen i5 and 1366 mobo, socket is expensive. 

Of course you can not get 4 gen i5, 4gen is expensive still.

Not talking about new systems...

Have you looked at the AMD Side of things?!

Doesn't seem like it.

Because there are many very good CPUs for gaming out there that are cheap.

And there are no i5 for 1366. Those were 1156.


But you're not  short on funds, you have at least 200€ for the Graphics card you mentioned above. So you can't get a 100€ CPU/GPU Bundle and an older used Graphics card for 100€??

 

For 100€ you can get something like a Radeon HD7950!

Wich seems like it performs about the same as your 1050ti...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPetz8dp2U

 

 

Sorry, but your argumentation falls apart as soon as you mention a new generation ~200€ Graphics card...

 


"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, giusgius said:

You maybe do not remember but you can play most games on Q9650 + 1050Ti. Hard to play 2018 games but still be playable at lowest settings and that contents most people

 

2 hours ago, giusgius said:

Core 2 quad is minimum good CPU for minimum gaming. Cos upgrade is easy, cheap, and good enough...  Xeon, DDR2, Mobo is cheap...

 

You know a q9650 can be beaten by a dual core i3 2100, right? There's really no upgrade path for 775 socket systems that isn't beaten by a modern entry level CPU such as i3 8100 or AMD 2200g.

 

You bought a 1050 ti to pair with your q9650? How much did the 1050 ti cost? $200-$250?

 

You could get a 2200g + mobo + 8gb ram for under $250 and the performance gained from the platform upgrade would be far better than what you would get from sticking a $200 GPU in a 10+ year old system.

 

I'd rather run a 2200g with integrated graphics than a c2q with a discrete GPU. If you're happy with playing games on low settings, this would have been the wiser way to spend your money. The am4 platform would also give a solid upgrade path over the next few years as well.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/7/2018 at 4:10 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Not really because they are already 13 years old

First they are 10 years old CPUs, but this doesn't make sense until > they can play games. 

On 8/7/2018 at 4:10 AM, Stefan Payne said:

They aren't even 4 Core CPUs! Its 2 Core CPUs slapped together, Have an external memory controller in the Chipset and both CPUs communicate via the FSB - wich costs performance...

Nobody cares if they are two 2 core CPUs in package or one single 4 core,  > they can play games. 

On 8/7/2018 at 4:10 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Well and most of the Boards also don't support DDR3-SDRAM wich limits their max. capacity to 8 GiB RAM for wich you already need 4 Sticks...

For an older system 8GB RAM is enaugh, and they aren't limited at all, most good P45 boards support DDR2 and DDR3 up to 16GB.  Again for old system > 8GB RAM = can play games. 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get a Sendy Bridge CPU or later for a good price with an OEM Board, that won't give them the headache of Core 2 Duo based system does.

I said that there are people who doesn't have money, so now you want me to change every part? when I can only change GPU for approx. 100 $ ? 2nd gen Mobo + CPU + RAM you think it is cheap in my place, such upgrade?    

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, you need at least a Core i3, but even those are way better than the Core and things actually run.

i.e. i3 2120 isn't any better in games, you can barely get 5fps different. single core performance is better for i3 of course but multicore are the same. such upgrade is stupid.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

And if you have 200€ for a 1050ti, you should also have the money for a newer system as the 1050ti is already ~200€ or more....

this is where are you mistaken, when we bought 1050 and Ti s they where MSRP priced, and you could get used ones more cheap price. in europe it costs 200 euro maybe but in Us it is 200$ , and one year ago that price was much lower, so nobody has paid 200 euro here... most were bought for 100$ which is proper price for 775 system upgrade.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

So your argument falls apart right here right now, especially since you can get something usable for modern games for like 50€ or less. Like a GTX7770, maybe 7850.

funny it is... :D oh yes you can buy AMD GPU like 7850 or 7770 but now you want me to buy new PSU? here people have cheap 300-500W PSUs, they doesn't ever have 8pin connector. Generally people wants GPU without additional power connector, like 750, 1050, which are best choices. 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Or just go for a 100€ Ryzen 3/2200G.

Oh yes I see you prefer 2200G gaming to 775 / 1050 gaming, cool : X 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

He got an older AMD APU. ALthough its not great, its still better than a Core 2 Duo.

Most people have Intel board here and nobody wants AMD bulldozer CPUs, does they ever have a CPU list in their site ? : X 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

But then again, why not get an older Console? If you just want to play games...

This is ridiculous, talking about cheap PC upgrade and you telling me to buy console. Nobody wants old console, I'm not talking about gamers, I'm not a gamer nor my friends. WE occasionally play games... If someone wants console that should be NEW like PS4... 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

And what about Athlon 5350??

What about AMD A8-5600K?

Or AMD Athlon X4 750??

NObody have AMD here... Everybody is INTEL fanboy...

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Core 2 Quad Package looks like this:

People only care when they look like...

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

And the Rest: 10 years ago with a 10 Year old CPU you couldn't start shit, you wouldn't even think about that!

Please buy Q9650 or X5470 with used GTX 1050 for 100$, you can OC is a little, and you will see that you can GAME on that cheap system ,

then try it on i3 2120 and 1050 with DDR3 and mark the difference...

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Sorry to be mean, but we are talking about CPUs from 2008 or prior, how long should Software Developer think about that old shit?!

 

If they do that all the time, we wouldn't see any progress at all and the Software would have been at a standstill.

You are right in this topic, I agree you... but it still said. 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

If you don't have the money, you don't have the money for the 1050ti and an older Graphics Card with a newer CPU makes more sense than using the most ancient piece of Hardware with a modern ~200€ Graphics card.

I see you can have i3 8100 and game on that then have i.e X5450 with 1050 and game on that... good luck BURNING your CPU... please remember what the main topic is all about. 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Have you looked at the AMD Side of things?!

Doesn't seem like it.

Why would someone looks on AMD site when you can game on C2Q with good GPU?  

On 8/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

For 100€ you can get something like a Radeon HD7950!

Wich seems like it performs about the same as your 1050ti...

If I have to pay 5x electo bills and get new PSU for 7950 that will be the same as if I buy 4gen system with GPU...  or why would you buy old GPU when you can buy more  energy efficient and latest GPU?  

On 8/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, Spotty said:

You know a q9650 can be beaten by a dual core i3 2100, right?

Haha tell me how i3 2100 is any better for home desktop PC ? C2Q is almost equal and at some points when it comes to PC performance... 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, Spotty said:

You could get a 2200g + mobo + 8gb ram for under $250 and the performance gained from the platform upgrade would be far better than what you would get from sticking a $200 GPU in a 10+ year old system.

I've already answered that... 2200g + mobo + 8gb ram for under $250    ++++ GPU that costs like 350 $ ... while performance will be not very different.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, Spotty said:

I'd rather run a 2200g with integrated graphics than a c2q with a discrete GPU. If you're happy with playing games on low settings, this would have been the wiser way to spend your money.

You are wrong and got my topic differently, this was about saving on PC upgrade. really cheap and good upgrade. not a gamer upgrade... 


Monitor: Asus VX239H TV: Panasonic TX-58DXR800 ;)

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 RAM: HYNIX PC3 10600U 3X4GB :P

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 GPU: ASUS HD7990-6GD5 B|
HDD/SSD: SanDisk ExtremePRO 240GB & Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB ^_^

Sound: Asus Xonar D2 & Logitech Z906 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2 :D

SONY: <> DSC-WX350  <> VAIO E17 <> WALKMAN NWZ-B183F <> XPERIA XL <:x

Extras: Android 4.4.4 Stock Rooted <> Windows 8.1 Core x64 :)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 


Monitor: Asus VX239H TV: Panasonic TX-58DXR800 ;)

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 RAM: HYNIX PC3 10600U 3X4GB :P

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 GPU: ASUS HD7990-6GD5 B|
HDD/SSD: SanDisk ExtremePRO 240GB & Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB ^_^

Sound: Asus Xonar D2 & Logitech Z906 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2 :D

SONY: <> DSC-WX350  <> VAIO E17 <> WALKMAN NWZ-B183F <> XPERIA XL <:x

Extras: Android 4.4.4 Stock Rooted <> Windows 8.1 Core x64 :)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I'm the only one who's interested in OP's plight because modern tech running modern software is just so... blase. I find old tech running modern software or vice versa more interesting. I mean this still impresses me today:

 

It may look ugly as sin, but the fact it's running at all is something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×