Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aljaurez

Should i buy this cpu?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi, i was looking for an used cpu and i found a core i7 4770 (non k ), the guy asks for 100 bucks, should i buy it?

i was looking to upgrade my pc because i have  a dual core 6700 and a AMD r7 250 1gb ddr5 graphic card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aljaurez said:

hi, i was looking for an used cpu and i found a core i7 4770 (non k ), the guy asks for 100 bucks, should i buy it?

i was looking to upgrade my pc because i have  a dual core 6700 and a AMD r7 250 1gb ddr5 graphic card.

It would be a big upgrade from what you have. But as said above if you could find a K for around the same price or a little bit more that would be good. If that is the only thing you can find I would say get it,


Main PC

------------

i3-8100 @3.6GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | EVGA 450 BT | Island Professional 120GB SSD | | Toshiba 2TB HDD | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 2666 DDR4  | Corsair 270R | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 444 cb | OpenGL FPS - 84.85 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 1770 Base - 1678

 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Tecware Phantom 87 Key RGB Outemu Blue | Logitech G203 White

 

Streaming PC (HP Compaq 8100 SFF)

------------

i5-750 @2.66GHz | Radeon HD 6450 | HP Compaq 240watt PSU | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Samsung 1x4 DDR3 1333MHz | HP Compaq 8100 SFF | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 320 cb | OpenGL FPS - 16.65 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 713 Base - 703

 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Logitech G413 Silver White LED Romer-G Switch | Old Gateway Mouse

 

Monitors

------------

AOC - 21.5" IPS LED FHD Model - l2279VWHE | AOC - 24" TN Panel FHD 144hz 1ms Response - Model G2460PF

 

Other Electrical Devices

------------

IPhone XS 64GB Gold | Elgato HD60 Capture Card | Xbox One 500GB | Samsung 32' 1080p Smart TVApple Airpods |

 

More About Me

------------

Hi my name is Jacob. I have a interest in computers. Right now I am a High School Freshman! I am enrolled in Cisco IT Essentials and I plan on following my career as something in IT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No I wouldn’t. You can buy a ryzen 3 (4c,8t) for cheaper. Since you have a 6th gen intel you have ddr4, so you’re gonna have to buy ddr3 ram too if you get that i7

Ryzen 5 1600 can be had for $150 new and that’s 6 core 12 t

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wolther said:

No I wouldn’t. You can buy a ryzen 3 (4c,8t) for cheaper. Since you have a 6th gen intel you have ddr4, so you’re gonna have to buy ddr3 ram too if you get that i7

Ryzen 5 1600 can be had for $150 new and that’s 6 core 12 t

hes got a E6500 not even close to 6th gen this new cpu is a major find. hes got wolfdale class cpu 2010ish launch

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

hes got a E6500 not even close to 6th gen this new cpu is a major find. hes got wolfdale class cpu 2010ish launch

Oh, when I heard dual core and 6700 I instantly thought of skylake i3 processors like the 6100/6300 my bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 11:42 PM, Wolther said:

Oh, when I heard dual core and 6700 I instantly thought of skylake i3 processors like the 6100/6300 my bad

i have a 6500 and would love a 6700 to replace it with go from a i5 to a i7 the price is still a problem with that chip they still want ablout $250  for the 6700 and its just not worth it with the new stuff being so cheap.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:59 PM, Aljaurez said:

or should i spend 165 dollars and get an used  core i7 7700k ?

hell yea i do thats well below market for that cpu its a great starting point for a new gaming/production computer just remember you need atleadt a H board if you arnt going to overclock it and a Z board if you are i would go with the Z if you can afford it its better in the long run and usually better built by a slim margin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 7:47 PM, jonrosalia said:

hes got a E6500 not even close to 6th gen this new cpu is a major find. hes got wolfdale class cpu 2010ish launch

E6500 is 2006-2007. I bought a Q6600 in 2007 and I think it was released in 2006.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zonther said:

E6500 is 2006-2007. I bought a Q6600 in 2007 and I think it was released in 2006.

damn older than i thought since you owned one whats your thoughts on this upgrade how much do you think hes going to gain from it i know what mobile Pentium dual core was like back then but never desktop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

damn older than i thought since you owned one whats your thoughts on this upgrade how much do you think hes going to gain from it i know what mobile Pentium dual core was like back then but never desktop.

I would go with something with 4 real cores. The Q6600 I had was a decent overclocking chip and could run most games at 40+ FPS in 2014 on a GTX 770. I now have a R7 2700X and with the GTX 770 that 40 FPS went up to 55-60 FPS on the same games I played in 2014. So I would say a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

all i remember about my Pentium mobile is the overheating shutdowns from starcraft and me saying never again to lower than a i5 even if i had to reach back a few years and it has treated me well so far the only one showing its age is the 2450m in my windows 7 laptop the 4210U i have in this dell xps 1820 is still great   both are dual core i5 with hyper threading which is strange to some people and my desktop is a i5 6500 i guess i buy every other generation a year or 2 late lol. my current desktop is the first real gpu i have had in years i put a  evga 1050ti and have it wound up nice and tight giving me locked 60 FPS in alot of games with vsync on no one gives that little slot powered card enough credit .

15 minutes ago, Zonther said:

I would go with something with 4 real cores. The Q6600 I had was a decent overclocking chip and could run most games at 40+ FPS in 2014 on a GTX 770. I now have a 2700X and with the GTX 770 that 40 FPS went up to 55-60 FPS on the same games I played in 2014. So I would say a lot.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

guys i decided to buy a core 2 quad q9650 for 50 usd, but here is the sad part, the person who i purchased an used asus gtx 1050 ti oc strix,  scammed me, stole my money, 150 usd, and doesnt reply anymore, i live in colombia, and already send the information to the police yet to be honest its almost imposible to get that money back, guess ill have to stick with my r7 250,  i feel so sad now.

you can see in the pictures the instagram of the scammer, before he blocked me, the payment ticket where you can see the same number as in his identification and the same phone number of the scammer. 

 

 

 

 

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 5.28.54 PM.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, Srnewbee said:

dude...I am sorry for your loss but it seems like your fishing for a charity.

Your thread needs to be shut down.

i'm not fishing charity, i had the money and paid the guy for the gtx, and he just stole my money, i even send a message with another number and the dude answered like nothing, ready to scam another person.

i already have my q9650, and an old copper intel cpu cooler, yet i cant post muy awesome build because i got scammed, if you want to belive me or not  that is your decision, i work at a pharmacy and study dentistry, its not funny and i am not the kind of person to beg for free stuff, i always try to get good deals on used stuff but well i took the risk and id did not work, i am talking with the police in the case and trying to get the video of the dude reclaiming the money so he can go to jail. how dare you to treat me like a begger, i did a garage sale, sold an old crt tv, a normal guitar, and old casio piano, and a little stove and an used window,  80+130+130+30+100 so i could buy a second hand card, i feel frustrated and i wish the police got my money back, but seems unlikely 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 12:22 AM, Aljaurez said:

guys i decided to buy a core 2 quad q9650 for 50 usd, but here is the sad part, the person who i purchased an used asus gtx 1050 ti oc strix,  scammed me, stole my money, 150 usd, and doesnt reply anymore, i live in colombia, and already send the information to the police yet to be honest its almost imposible to get that money back, guess ill have to stick with my r7 250,  i feel so sad now.

you can see in the pictures the instagram of the scammer, before he blocked me, the payment ticket where you can see the same number as in his identification and the same phone number of the scammer. 

 

 

 

 

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-13 at 5.28.54 PM.jpeg

 

If you used paypal open a case, if you used a credit card call the company and explain to them what happened.  That's how you get your money back.


VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Scarlet Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

 

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 CPU) | CPU Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX200 240GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING  | Case: Fractal Focus G | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Gigabyte FORCE K83 with Cherry MX Reds | MouseRazer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

here i am installing the powerfull q9650 in my last gen motherboard P5G41TM_LX3, with the high termal conductivity of the intel cooler with copper heatsink, ofcourse i did use thermal paste.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 2.13.01 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 2.13.01 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 2.13.01 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 12.47.30 PM.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

If you used paypal open a case, if you used a credit card call the company and explain to them what happened.  That's how you get your money back.

sadly it was trough a service called efecty, it sends the money via the number of the legal document of the person, so i can not claim it back,
also olx policy does not cover that, they only help people advertise their stuff and do not ship or anything else in that matter. but efecty seems to be helping me and the police too wich is more or less nice, but the chance to getting that back is low, like super low. when the police gets the video of the person they will be able to take him to justice. so yay 9_9

/// so efecty confirmed that the dude claimed the money near the site where he has to vote acording to colombia, so the changes are very high for it to be his legit identification.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×