Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Strix + Arctic Xtreme IV?

frong

Has anyone tried the Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV with the Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Strix Gaming Advanced?

Soprry for the question but is just out of curiosity or you're planing on doing that.

8 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Soprry for the question but is just out of curiosity or you're planing on doing that.

I'll probably do it if somebody else can confirm that it fits with the backplate etc. 

Can I ask you the purpouse? Do you need cooler down even more your GPU? Which temperatures are you getting on it atm?

Or is a solely aesthetic goal? I mean your card looks damn good if you ask me. Probably the best looking 1080 out there. I had to take the MSI 1080 because it was on a deal when I bought my PC but ey, maybe you like better that artic thingy :P 

Maybe I'm missing something so sorry if that's the case :) 

53 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Can I ask you the purpouse? Do you need cooler down even more your GPU? Which temperatures are you getting on it atm?

Or is a solely aesthetic goal? I mean your card looks damn good if you ask me. Probably the best looking 1080 out there. I had to take the MSI 1080 because it was on a deal when I bought my PC but ey, maybe you like better that artic thingy :P 

Maybe I'm missing something so sorry if that's the case :) 

It's more quiet and more effective at cooling :-) Yeah, it looks great. However if I can keep the Strix backplate and install the arctic heatsink etc that'd be great, looks + performance. 

40 minutes ago, frong said:

It's more quiet and more effective at cooling :-) Yeah, it looks great. However if I can keep the Strix backplate and install the arctic heatsink etc that'd be great, looks + performance. 

Mmmmmm Can you buy it in a store that gives you return policies? I don't know how it works in USA. I'm very l ucky to live in Sweden and here you can return everything during a certain amount of period with no questios whatsoever (as long as the product holds in one piece).

On 2018-08-04 at 2:24 AM, Karl Sven said:

Mmmmmm Can you buy it in a store that gives you return policies? I don't know how it works in USA. I'm very l ucky to live in Sweden and here you can return everything during a certain amount of period with no questios whatsoever (as long as the product holds in one piece).

I decided to try and it fits.

On 2018-08-04 at 2:24 AM, Karl Sven said:

I managed to get a stable bench/gaming OC at 2088 mhz that might downclock to 2076 mhz depending on the fan profile and game. The memory clock is at maximum in MSI afterburner so it clocks at 5999 mhz. Maybe it can go higher. Superposition Benchmark @ extreme: Qk5lq3G.png

Hi, I just joined because of you!

I bought a ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING from ebay and the fan noise is driving me mad. The fans must be worn.

How different is my card to yours?

Was the Arctic fan kit easy to install? I really want to see how it looks during/after the assembly...

The Arctic kit seems to be my best way forward if it fits my card perfectly,

Thanks.

Edited by Thakith
corrections

On 4.8.2018 at 12:32 AM, frong said:

I'll probably do it if somebody else can confirm that it fits with the backplate etc. 

Why do you want to do that? Asus Strix already is a custom Design. What exactly is your Problem?

8 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Why do you want to do that? Asus Strix already is a custom Design. What exactly is your Problem?

If it cools better, why not?

8 hours ago, Thakith said:

Hi, I just joined because of you!

I bought a ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING from ebay and the fan noise is driving me mad. The fans must be worn.

How different is my card to yours?

Was the Arctic fan kit easy to install? I really want to see how it looks during/after the assembly...

The Arctic kit seems to be my best way forward if it fits my card perfectly,

Thanks.

It should be the same. It's very easy to install, there are probably videos on youtube.

because the strix is already cooled just fine? well, it's a bit loud.

You wasted Money for the Strix model, when you go for another cooler. You could've just went for the cheapest one in the first place.

or use Undervolting, which reduces temperature/noise greatly too ^^

59 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

because the strix is already cooled just fine? well, it's a bit loud.

You wasted Money for the Strix model, when you go for another cooler. You could've just went for the cheapest one in the first place.

or use Undervolting, which reduces temperature/noise greatly too ^^

K

I was wondering if the accelero would fit on my gtx 1080 strix too! Does it fit well? Do the leds on the backplate still works?

3 hours ago, TouchMyPogo said:

I was wondering if the accelero would fit on my gtx 1080 strix too! Does it fit well? Do the leds on the backplate still works?

Fit without a problem and leds still work.

On 2018-08-12 at 2:48 PM, frong said:

Fit without a problem and leds still work.

Do you have some pics of it? 

11 hours ago, TouchMyPogo said:

Do you have some pics of it? 

I can get one once I put the Arctic cooling on again. One of the three fans started making a noise so Arctic will send out new fans free of charge, it will probably arrive before monday. 

I saw a picture of an asus 1080 with am arctic xtreme III on, it pretty much looks the same. Google and you'll find it. 

3 hours ago, frong said:

I can get one once I put the Arctic cooling on again. One of the three fans started making a noise so Arctic will send out new fans free of charge, it will probably arrive before monday. 

I saw a picture of an asus 1080 with am arctic xtreme III on, it pretty much looks the same. Google and you'll find it. 

On 2018-08-14 at 6:03 PM, TouchMyPogo said:

Here you go bud: 5Y9F3em.jpg

The logo only says Xtreme III since I replaced the fan hoodie.

9 hours ago, frong said:

Here you go bud: 5Y9F3em.jpg

The logo only says Xtreme III since I replaced the fan hoodie.

Nice! Gonna buy one for my Ncase m1. Did you use the thermal glue that came with the cooler?

On 8/7/2018 at 5:16 AM, frong said:

If it cools better, why not?

'Cause it's damn ugly.

If you don't have temp problem, why making your GPU uglier?

50 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

'Cause it's damn ugly.

If you don't have temp problem, why making your GPU uglier?

It cools better and it's more quiet, the same exact reasons for having the Noctua NH-D15. How is that hard to grasp?

I'm not about to put my PC on a cat walk, I prefer performance. 

10 minutes ago, frong said:

It cools better and it's more quiet, the same exact reasons for having the Noctua NH-D15. How is that hard to grasp?

Asus Strix cools very well that GPU too. Few more temps won't give you any differences in performance, but make your GPU uglier and mutilated. Anyway, your PC, your choice, you're the boss.

23 minutes ago, frong said:

Totally agree with you here. If I can have better temps AND quieter operation then fuck looks.

On a side note: did you look at the Morpheus II from Raijintek too? Curious why you went with the Arctic. :)

On 2018-08-17 at 12:50 PM, cynexit said:

Totally agree with you here. If I can have better temps AND quieter operation then fuck looks.

On a side note: did you look at the Morpheus II from Raijintek too? Curious why you went with the Arctic. :)

I thought I had responded to this, guess I didn't hit submit.

I looked at both coolers. I picked the Arctic due to the custom fan shroud plus you can "ghetto"-mod 2x 120mm fans to make it similar to a Morpheus without much of a hassle. Probably enough to buy a pair of clippers such as the ones you get from Noctua CPU coolers or the Morpheus GPU cooler. I only had one 120mm static pressure Noctua fan laying around at home when I did the purchase, if I had two top tier 120mm static pressure fans at home already I might have gone for the Morpheus. However the weight will be massive, I'd buy extra GPU-support if I went with the Morpheus or with the Arctic with 2x 120mm fans.