I want to make a product help me.

Ayyanitp

Hi there I want to make a product which needs a motherboard. I don't know which motherboard to use in it please guide me and tell me which one to use in my product. The products 3d model is down below. It is a Homework Reminder.

IMG-20180803-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20180803-WA0013.jpg

An ESP32?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Looks like an iPod. 

Go to any 3D printing service on Google and upload them the files.

hi.

raspberry pi zero and a tiny display?

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix LP      DDR4-2400
  • GPU                                            MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb
  • Case
    Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 850 pro,        WD Black 1TB, WD blue 3TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
  • Display(s)
    Asus vg248qe, Asus vg245h
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

Most probably in this slim formfactor you need a custom designed mobo, but you could use some cheap phone internals, but that would drive the product costs up.

If you want to make a one off thing for personal use you could use a rasberry pi 0, it is small. Hook a display onto it.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero/

The design is just a sample it's not the final design. The device can be thicker to put a motherboard. Please recommend me a motherboard which I could fit in the design, and the motherboard should be programmable so that I can add my own software to it.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:17 PM, Ayyanitp said:

The design is just a sample it's not the final design. The device can be thicker to put a motherboard. Please recommend me a motherboard which I could fit in the design, and the motherboard should be programmable so that I can add my own software to it.

You didn’t specify the size of the device. Additionally people recommended solutions. 

The Raspberry Pi is a complete computer for $30~ USD. It’s about the size of a credit card (roughly 2 inches by 4 inches) and is designed to be programmable as that’s the whole point of it. 

Are you intending to put Microsoft windows on your product? 

You have to be more accurate with your specifications.

What resolution of display?

Can you live with 160x120 pixels or 320x240 pixels or do you need 800x600 or something higher?

What interface do you want to your display? Do you want colors or can you live with just let's grayscale or black and white display? Can you live with just text and basic graphics or do you want full color, high fps etc etc ?

Do you need to add/delete/update tasks through some wireless communication or you want to add through some keyboard or buttons?

Do you need a lot of memory for tasks? Basically is 100 KB to 1-2 MB of storage enough for your tasks or do you want something more complex like adding images and music or sounds to each task?

If you want something simple like showing a list of tasks and you're fine with less than megabytes of storage, then you could use even something as simple as a 2-3$ microcontroller (arduino or something better like pic16/pic18/pic32 or even some arm cortex chip) and a simple dot matrix lcd display to print lines and basic art work  through something simple interface like i2c or spi or parallel i/o.  You can do all this on a basic prototyping board, you'll just need the programmer to program the chip.

If you need higher resolution or more storage or you want to use a display with hdmi input or something more complex, then it may make more sense to use a raspberry pi  and you'll just core the software

You might want to give the STM32f469I a look. Pretty good mcu imo. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You gotta be more specific on what you want this thing to do. You could use anything from a tiny arduino to a raspberry pi. You have to tell us what you want it to do.

ASU

• 2 weeks later...

Atmega 328p au with a tft lcd, about 5$ worth of materials.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)