Youtube Freezing

Mrshan

So I am watching some video that is about 30 mins long on Youtube and it keeps freezing the video, there is sound but no video, just the moment it freezes it keeps the image that was last in the video. Like on the shorter videos there's no problem, most of the time. Sometimes it does freeze on short videos as well. I'm using Mozilla, I've tried Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera. On Chrome videos just won't play, the sound goes but no video output. On Opera and Edge is the same as Mozilla, it freezes the video, sound goes, but from time to time it freezes the video and it's unwatchable.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:49 AM, Mrshan said:

So I am watching some video that is about 30 mins long on Youtube and it keeps freezing the video, there is sound but no video, just the moment it freezes it keeps the image that was last in the video. Like on the shorter videos there's no problem, most of the time. Sometimes it does freeze on short videos as well. I'm using Mozilla, I've tried Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera. On Chrome videos just won't play, the sound goes but no video output. On Opera and Edge is the same as Mozilla, it freezes the video, sound goes, but from time to time it freezes the video and it's unwatchable.

Make sure you connection is plenty fast enough for it. An easy way (don’t try to argue this everyone in the comments because you have a better Speedtest that is not blocked by any ISPs) is to try Google’s which is made for YouTube: https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport. If that says you are good, try a different time of day, a different device, a wired connection, and browser updates. As one last attempt, you can try installing windows fresh from a usb and hope that fixes it. 

On 8/2/2018 at 7:51 AM, DeLorian said:

Stupid question, but have tried turning your device off and on again?

I would hope anyone who asks for troubleshooting does that before trying this forum. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 1:51 PM, DeLorian said:

Stupid question, but have tried turning your device off and on again?

Many times I did

On 8/6/2018 at 7:45 AM, cflanders said:

Make sure you connection is plenty fast enough for it. An easy way (don’t try to argue this everyone in the comments because you have a better Speedtest that is not blocked by any ISPs) is to try Google’s which is made for YouTube: https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport. If that says you are good, try a different time of day, a different device, a wired connection, and browser updates. As one last attempt, you can try installing windows fresh from a usb and hope that fixes it. 

I would hope anyone who asks for troubleshooting does that before trying this forum. 

Somehow it just stopped. I switched to Mozilla and it's okay no freezing so I hope no more freezing in the future. My PC is crazy for sure, need an upgrade