Im looking at a more portable laptop to travel and plan to do college classes in the spring. Im looking at these and want to know if any one has one and would like to know about the pros and cons. Im looking for lightens type-c charging and good battery life. im a windows guy but i put a mac on here because of build quality and mac os intreags me and if i hate it i can boot camp it. I have the original ASUS zenbook pro UX510J, i still love it and use it but it is starting to show its age.

Razer Blade Stealth HUAWEI MateBook X Pro MacBook pro 2018 edition 13 inch
display QHD+ touch IGZO 16:9 aspect ratio
LED backlight, up to 178° wide viewing angles
Type: LTPS
Screen-to-body ratio: 91%
3000 x 2000, 260 PPI 3:2
Viewing angle: 178 degrees
sRGB 100% color gamut 1500:1
450 nits 10-point, anti-fingerprint
 LED-backlit display with IPS technology
2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 PPI
500 nits
display size 13.3 13.9 13.3
weight 2.98 2.93 3.02
CPU Quad-Core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor
Hyper Threading 1.8 GHz / 4.0 GHz  (Base/Turbo)
8th Generation Intel® Core™
i7-8550U processor
2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
ram 16GB RAM Dual-channel onboard memory
LPDDR3-2133MHz (Fixed)
16 GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3
storage 256 PCIe m.2 512 GB NVMe PCIe SSD 256GB SSD MVMe
ports Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
USB 3.0 port x2 (SuperSpeed)
Multi-point touchscreen interface
HDMI 2.0a audio and video output
fingerprint power button
3.5-mm stereo headset jack
USB-C x 1
Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) port x 1
USB-A x 1 (USB3.0, max output 5 V / 2 A)
Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
Charging DisplayPort
Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
gpu Intel® UHD Graphics 620 NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 with 2 GB GDDR5
Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655

battery life 7 hours 10 hours 9 hours
dbrand yes no yes

price $1,399.99 $1,499.99 $1,691.00

Look at an XPS 13, theyre fantastic- Long battery life (can usually do two days of classes without charging), great build quality, nice keyboard - it goes on.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Matebook X pro seems to be getting everyone's recommendation this year. It's got the build quality and portability of a MacBook while packing some very good hardware for the price.

Don't go near the Razer unless you are willing to risk bad QC and support. the Dell XPS 13 is a great option. The Huawei Matebook Pro X is also great but build quality on the XPS is better. The Macbook is also okay but the processor is dual core which I wouldn't recommend unless you can't use Windows.

Between the XPS 13 and Matebook Pro compare battery life on different reviews and then pick.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased (about 1 month back) a MateBook X Pro (i7). So far I am really impressed. The build quality (as others have mentioned) is excellent; the only exception being the slightly lose trackpad (known issue, documented widely). It doesn’t bother me, but it may bother some. The 3:2 screen format is a blessing for folks like me who do a lot of document and office processing, whereas those of you who watch a lot of video might prefer the 16:9 format of most modern laptops. The touchscreen is amazing. Performance is excellent: I tend to run with 10 - 15 browser windows, 2 - 3 MS Office apps, and WebEx (or similar) during my work day. The fan does come on regularly, but it is pretty quiet. If I activate video on WebEx or watch (stream) a video, the fan kicks up a notch and gets a bit loud. All-in-all it performs beautifully.

A few days ago I installed a Hackintsoh inside an Oracle Virtualbox VM (4G RAM, 20GB vdriive, Yosemite) and it worked, but was kind of slow with respect to mouse movement in the VM. Not sure if this was a perf limit on the laptop, or something (perhaps tunable) on the VM setup.

The MBXP comes with W10 Home Signature Edition, which means no bloatware! This is a little known but welcome fact. Such a delight to have a clean OS. 

I use an LG 43UD79-B 43” 4K display via HDMI. This provides me with full 4K (60Hz) resolution, which is something the Apple MBP cannot do. I know, it’s hard to believe it, but the MBP can only support 30Hz and this won’t work with a lot of the 4K displays out there. The big screen with 4K is a game changer for me, as it allows me to work across 7 - 10+ windows (of various sizes) without having to dig for lost windows.

The keyboard is Devine. More comfortable and certainly more reliable than the MBP.

** Sorry if I keep comparing to the MBP. I realize that this is a Windows machine, and the comparison is therefore something Apple to Oranges (so to speak). My previous machine was a MBP.