Phanteks P350X Case RGB Connector: Where does it go?

Ten days ago, I built my first PC.  Here's the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vxyxbX  Everything is working great, but I can't figure out one thing. The case came with this "M/B D-RGB 3 pin" connector for the case's RGB (First photo.) I can't figure out where this thing goes on my motherboard. Everybody from Discord to Reddit is telling me there's a 3 pin addressable RGB header on the top right corner of my motherboard (Second photo,) next to the RAM slots, but I can't find such a header anywhere on this motherboard. Is there an adapter I need? Is the 3 pin header hiding? This isn't essential for my PC, but I thought long and hard about whether I wanted the Phanteks P300 or P350X and eventually went with the latter for its front panel design and RGB. It would be a shame if I can't utilize the feature I bought the $10 more expensive case for. 20180731_223645.thumb.jpg.417c025e7a5fb3be73953278f10512d2.jpg20180731_231609.thumb.jpg.8d3042c10e340470102227497eef6032.jpg

1 : Welcome to the PCMR

2 : It looks like it's the 2nd from the top 3-pin header

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:41 PM, Sir_Salmon said:

Ten days ago, I built my first PC.  Here's the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vxyxbX  Everything is working great, but I can't figure out one thing. The case came with this "M/B D-RGB 3 pin" connector for the case's RGB (First photo.) I can't figure out where this thing goes on my motherboard. Everybody from Discord to Reddit is telling me there's a 3 pin addressable RGB header on the top right corner of my motherboard (Second photo,) next to the RAM slots, but I can't find such a header anywhere on this motherboard. Is there an adapter I need? Is the 3 pin header hiding? This isn't essential for my PC, but I thought long and hard about whether I wanted the Phanteks P300 or P350X and eventually went with the latter for its front panel design and RGB. It would be a shame if I can't utilize the feature I bought the $10 more expensive case for. 

I know on my P400 case it's Asus Aura and MSI Mystic light compatible but requires an adapter that is sold by Phanteks for it. It's like 5 USD if I'm not mistaken. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

17 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

I know on my P400 case it's Asus Aura and MSI Mystic light compatible but requires an adapter that is sold by Phanteks for it. It's like 5 USD if I'm not mistaken. 

Can you link an Amazon page or something to buy it from? Not sure what adapter I'm searching for.

• 3 weeks later...

what motherboard do you have? it might only have a 4pin rgb header. 

2 hours ago, Lezzy said:

what motherboard do you have? it might only have a 4pin rgb header. 

He posted the PCPer

image.png.dd0c6a8f2b57a2ceef8142a698f93943.png

You'll need this adapter

https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-3-Pin-Gigabyte-Adapter-Black/dp/B07D4ZH114

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 hours ago, Lezzy said:

actually no, the p350x only supports msi and asus boards. 

Which is why I linked the adapter

image.png.49c37dee99522b7e69862858a06f5010.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

13 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Which is why I linked the adapter

image.png.49c37dee99522b7e69862858a06f5010.png

You'll still not be able to control the lighting 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Sommi said:

Are you sure it won`t work?

It will work. 

The adapter converts the 3 pin Gigabyte (+5v, D, G) to the Standard 3 Pin layout used on Asus and MSI boards (+5V, D, _,G) this is the only reason why Gigabyte RGB fusion isnt listed as compatible on the P350X's website page. It's because they dont use a similar pin layout.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, totally forgot about this thread. Well, I ordered that XSPC adapter and it'll be here by Thursday, hope it works. Thanks for digging for a solution, folks.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, Sir_Salmon said:

Wow, totally forgot about this thread. Well, I ordered that XSPC adapter and it'll be here by Thursday, hope it works. Thanks for digging for a solution, folks.

It didn't work.

20 hours ago, Sir_Salmon said:

It didn't work.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:35 PM, TVwazhere said:

It will work. 

Welp, RIP me.

Just to make sure, you're 100% certain you plugged the connectors in correctly? Since there's no key or pin layout, its possible to plug it in upside down. 

On 10/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, TVwazhere said:

Welp, RIP me.

Just to make sure, you're 100% certain you plugged the connectors in correctly? Since there's no key or pin layout, its possible to plug it in upside down. 

image.png.ae8c1133ec8cca637f0c1b5eeb943d14.pngYep, tried plugging it in the other way, no luck.

Well at this point, your best bet (if there IS any way to get the case to work) is to contact Phanteks directly, because I cant find anything else.

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2018 at 8:27 PM, TVwazhere said:

Well at this point, your best bet (if there IS any way to get the case to work) is to contact Phanteks directly, because I cant find anything else.

Okay, cool thing happened yesterday. I opened up my PC to clean out the dust and re-do my cable management in the back (which now looks excellent, btw) and I noticed a SATA connector running down with the front I/O cables. I just needed to have this plugged in the whole time. I didn't even need to have the cable/adapter I was fussing about plugged in; in fact, that just made the addressable RGB stop working, so I unplugged it. The lighting works fantastic now and looks beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 7:52 PM, Sir_Salmon said:

Okay, cool thing happened yesterday. I opened up my PC to clean out the dust and re-do my cable management in the back (which now looks excellent, btw) and I noticed a SATA connector running down with the front I/O cables. I just needed to have this plugged in the whole time. I didn't even need to have the cable/adapter I was fussing about plugged in; in fact, that just made the addressable RGB stop working, so I unplugged it. The lighting works fantastic now and looks beautiful.

Where are you plugging the SATA connector to from the front IO?

• 4 weeks later...

i had to strip the wires for a phanteks rgb expantion lead and twist them together but now i can put on my mobo as adapter cant be found anywhere anymore but it is fairly simple to do.

Edited by matt478

On 8/18/2018 at 12:38 PM, Lezzy said:

actually no, the p350x only supports msi and asus boards. 

it is working fine on my gigabyte board with a 'homemade' adapter (stripped wire)20190208_225534.thumb.jpg.565d4a7b6eb5b848cec4a9b014f3fbce.jpg)

20190208_230308.jpg

On 1/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, Earl J said:

Where are you plugging the SATA connector to from the front IO?

I have the same case and the rgb lighting requires a sata power connector.

I recently purchased the same case and am also experiencing some "inconveniences". I have an Asus motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming) and I purchased this Phantex P350X case because it was supposed to be compatible with Asus Aura Sync and I wanted the case RGB to be synced with everything else in my build. While assembling the build I realized that my motherboard has 2 traditional 4-pin RGB headers (non addressable), but the case requires 3-pin addressable header. 

This is the case connector, which is supposed to go into the motherboard (3-pin addressable):

2ut0mbs.jpg

t9ccig.jpg

As it turns out it is not enough to check that the product (LED strip, case lightning etc.) is compatible with Asus AuraSync, you need to make sure that it is the same "type" of RGB. I have non-adressable RGB strips from Phantex (Aura Sync compatible) and they connect to my 4 pin RGB header on motherboard just fine. But for the Phantex case RGB I would need a 3-pin addressable RGB header, which my motherboard unfortunately doesn't have. 

So I didn't realize that before and now it's really bothering me. I can control everthing in my case from Asus AuraSync software, except for the case LEDs, which i must control with the physical buttons on the top of the case. It really bothers me more than it should. ?

The way I see it, there is no way to connect the case LEDs to my motherboard. Some kind of adapter or any other solution simply doesn't exist. Idealy I would like to convert my case RGB to non-addressable and connect them to the motherboard 4-pin header, but this cannot be done. The only way is for me to either change the case (which I otherwise really like), or to replace the motherboard with one that has both 4-pin non-addressable RGB headers (for my LED strips) and 3-pin addressable headers for the case RGB.

If anyone has any other solution that I could try out, please let me know. This thing is driving me crazy. ?

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:26 PM, Dzhimen said:

So I didn't realize that before and now it's really bothering me. I can control everthing in my case from Asus AuraSync software, except for the case LEDs, which i must control with the physical buttons on the top of the case. It really bothers me more than it should. ?

It bothers me as well. I bought the same combo as you, did you ever find a solution?

Might be a little late with this one but here goes nothing...

I just purchased this case as well for my wife, and if it's anything like my Pro M SE, you need this adapter.

The other important piece of the puzzle is to disconnect the case's built in rgb controller, or it will conflict with the mobo controller and either not work at all, or give you inaccurate colors. 

Hope this helps. 

I

On 3/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, itzApoc said:

Might be a little late with this one but here goes nothing...

I just purchased this case as well for my wife, and if it's anything like my Pro M SE, you need this adapter.

The other important piece of the puzzle is to disconnect the case's built in rgb controller, or it will conflict with the mobo controller and either not work at all, or give you inaccurate colors. 

Hope this helps.  

I just got those adapters in the mail today. Going to try it out later. Thanks for the tip on disconnecting the case RGB controller.