Apple Nearly Worth 1 Trillion Dollars

Apple races to become the first trillion-dollar company after strong Q3 earnings

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/31/17636608/apple-q3-earnings-2018-trillion-market-value

Apple posted its third quarter earnings today with a revenue of $53.3 billion, surpassing its projection by $1 billion. It’s the strongest third quarter for the company ever, despite one that tends to slow on iPhone sales as consumers prepare for new smartphone announcements in the fall. The average selling price of the iPhone was $724, which was above analyst estimates of $693.

[From CNN as The Verge is not great: https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/31/investing/apple-trillion-dollar-market-value/index.html]

The iPhone maker is currently worth about $935 billion, and the stock only needs to go up about 7% for it to top the mark.

Apple (AAPL) wowed investors when it reported earnings Tuesday afternoon. Sales and profits topped forecasts, sending the stock up more than 3% in after hours trading. 

If it opens that much higher Tuesday, it will have a market value of more than $960 billion, moving it closer to becoming the first US company to cross the trillion dollar mark.

Really great news for a great company making history. Surprised me that Apple is worth this much; probably more than any other company if the article is correct. Really exciting. 

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Really great news for a great company making history.

Not to get too anti-capitalistic or anything but I'm not sure we all see it that way lol. 1 company being worth that much, 1 guy (Bezos) being worth 150 billion... wealth accumulation is accelerating and that money has to come from somewhere

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

what... the... fuck...

I mean it is apple so its not a huge surprise that they are worth a shit ton, but nearly 1 trillion seriously!?!?!?!?!!?!

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 minute ago, themaniac said:

what... the... fuck...

I mean it is apple so its not a huge surprise that they are worth a shit ton, but nearly 1 trillion seriously!?!?!?!?!!?!

They sell electronics, meanwhile Alphabet which is probably the worlds most impactful company overall isn't even worth as much. That's what happens when you convince everyone to buy items at insane margins for decades

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

It'll be a sad day for freedom when they finally hit it.

I wouldn't mind so much if they actually made solid devices like older thinkpads and nokia phones.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

They've been nearly "worth" a trillion for quite some time now.

Not hard to imagine given they're the only OEM selling OSX and iOS, and they charge the largest premiums whilst cutting the most corners.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

How insane it's sad that they convinced so many people to buy products with insane mark-ups to create huge margins. This should be a wake-up call for people that Apple is ripping people off because a company selling only a handful of products should not be the first to hit a 1 trillion dollar value over Amazon and Alphabet who have tons of investments and products. 

2 minutes ago, Shorty88jr said:

How insane it's sad that they convinced so many people to buy products with insane mark-ups to create huge margins. This should be a wake-up call for people that Apple is ripping people off because a company selling only a handful of products should not be the first to hit a 1 trillion dollar value over Amazon and Alphabet who have tons of investments and products. 

They're not selling a "handful" of products; they're selling significant numbers of devices, all of which are high end flagship models, which have significantly higher margins across all product stacks and across all companies.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Quick, start a Go Fund Me so we can push them over the 1 Trillion line. Everyone give Apple your money, we can do it.

(Who gets the joke/reference?)

I offered my tithes to the Church of Apple ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

They're not selling a "handful" of products; they're selling significant numbers of devices, all of which are high end models, which have significantly higher margins across all product stacks and across all companies.

Handful of SKU's, they've expanded more but at the end of the day they sell like 20 products?

15 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Really great news for a great company making history. Surprised me that Apple is worth this much; probably more than any other company if the article is correct. Really exciting. 

I guess this is due to the fact that they have very good sales of the iPhone. In fact, Apple sells more iPhones than Macs. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, Swatson said:

Handful of SKU's, they've expanded more but at the end of the day they sell like 20 products?

I read products to refer to number of devices sold, since it's pretty much completely irrelevant how wide their portfolio is in terms of sales.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I read products to refer to number of devices sold, since it's pretty much completely irrelevant how wide their portfolio is in terms of sales.

The point is they don't actually reach that far compared to the other 3 near trillion dollar companies: Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

They're not selling a "handful" of products; they're selling significant numbers of devices, all of which are high end models, which have higher margins across all product stacks from all companies.

They literally have 6 different products types (Mac, iPad, iPhone, Watch, TV, and Music) with a few subsets under those products mostly different variations of the same thing so yeah they sell a handful of products.

2 minutes ago, Swatson said:

The point is they don't actually reach that far compared to the other 3 near trillion dollar companies: Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft

2 minutes ago, Shorty88jr said:

They literally have 6 different products types (Mac, iPad, iPhone, Watch, TV, and Music) with a few subsets under those products mostly different variations of the same thing so yeah they sell a handful of products.

A company doesn't need hundreds of products. In fact it's disadvantageous. Apple offers products in each category at the upper end of the market and doesn't bother offering a budget option nor do they flood the market with hundreds of models for absolutely no point. 

The fact that they don't have hundreds of models is completely irrelevant to everything. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

The fact that they don't have hundreds of models is completely irrelevant to everything. 

Actually, it's not. Apple isn't wasting time and money on excessive R&D, tooling, or administrative costs on products that probably won't sell well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

A company doesn't need hundreds of products. In fact it's disadvantageous. Apple offers products in each category at the upper end of the market and doesn't bother offering a budget option nor do they flood the market with hundreds of models for absolutely no point. 

I'm not saying a company needs any given amount of products. I'm saying that a company that sells 20 different products is now richer than 3 companies whos existence is MUCH MUCH MUCH more impactful.

Amazon is the worlds largest online retailer, and provides AWS, plus much more.

Alphabet is Alphabet do I need to say more?

Microsoft has been selling the most popular operating system in the world for decades and has Azure, and Surface and Xbox and much more.

Any one of those 3 companies makes a bigger impact on the world than Apple selling you a high margin electronic device. I'm saying they made their money the quick and dirty way instead of actually being useful

Just now, Drak3 said:

Actually, it's not. Apple isn't wasting time and money on excessive R&D, tooling, or administrative costs on products that probably won't sell well.

I understand (hence the second sentence). I meant that it isn't sad that they're making money while producing fewer products lines.

11 minutes ago, Shorty88jr said:

....This should be a wake-up call for people that Apple is ripping people off because a company selling only a handful of products should not be the first to hit a 1 trillion dollar value....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh yea, not paying billions in taxes also helped. Before you mention it, yes i know they "repatriated" the offshore money after receiving a HUGE discount because they are fucking greedy as hell

1 minute ago, Swatson said:

Oh yea, not paying billions in taxes also helped. Before you mention it, yes i know they "repatriated" the offshore money after receiving a HUGE discount because they are fucking greedy as hell

Right, I forgot how no one -- not the average individual and certainly no companies, takes advantage of tax loopholes. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Right, I forgot how no one, certainly no companies with the goal of making money, takes advantage of tax loopholes. 

That logic right there is why they get away with it, you are part of the problem.

I understand (hence the second sentence). I meant that it isn't sad that they're making money while producing fewer products lines.

I was just addressing the last sentence, too busy being super flawless buying stuff for my new shotguns to really care about maintaining that much of a conversation of non gun related thought threads.

So, have this.

NarrowShinyAmericanavocet-max-1mb.gif.172090145e40b5ba7cfca527241d3544.gif

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Swatson said:

The implication here is that Apple is the only company that gets away with it, and that implication is misleading as hell.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.