tablet comand and multiple monitor

mr moose

Just curious if anyone knows much about the planned tablet as a second utility and/or the ability to have 3 screens for the main monitor and move on screen tools like maps, announcements/quests logs and chat to a 4th screen.

I haven't had a chance to play or even look at it much, but when I do I want to be able to move as much off the main screen as possible and have 3 monitors for the main.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In combat you want to be looking away from your HUD as little as possible, so a good HOTAS or dual stick scheme with copious amounts of buttons and axes is already pretty crucial. Fumbling around with your cockpit, virtual or otherwise, while being shot at, is the surest way to get dead fast.

Outside of combat, the companion virtual cockpit apps for handheld platforms that have been planned will be very helpful I presume. But I wouldn't count on them being even considered past the bare concept phase any time soon.

If you want a taste, I suggest you try the Roccat Power Grid app. There are a number of grids for Star Citizen and some are very good and useful. Problem is that the game controls change so rapidly with every patch that they usually lag behind and don't offer all available functions. You can make your own grids for PG, tho... if you are so inclined. :)

5 hours ago, Corwin111 said:

In combat you want to be looking away from your HUD as little as possible, so a good HOTAS or dual stick scheme with copious amounts of buttons and axes is already pretty crucial. Fumbling around with your cockpit, virtual or otherwise, while being shot at, is the surest way to get dead fast.

Outside of combat, the companion virtual cockpit apps for handheld platforms that have been planned will be very helpful I presume. But I wouldn't count on them being even considered past the bare concept phase any time soon.

If you want a taste, I suggest you try the Roccat Power Grid app. There are a number of grids for Star Citizen and some are very good and useful. Problem is that the game controls change so rapidly with every patch that they usually lag behind and don't offer all available functions. You can make your own grids for PG, tho... if you are so inclined. :)

Yes, it wasn't really the combat stuff I was interested in moving.

I'll look into roccat, cheers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.