Odd crackling with HD 650 and O2/ODAC

Bluethulhu

I've been getting this crackling for about a week now, and now it's really starting to bother me. I turn my PC on/restart, boot into Windows, launch Foobar, and play music with no problems. If I listen to music for a while (not even on loud volume), it starts to crackle/pop, almost like bad compression. It progressively gets worse, until I restart again. I don't have any other headphones with me to test, but I'm just curious if this is a common problem that can easily be fixed.

Spoiler

I'm sure you have some IE's laying around from your smartphone, MP3 player or something?

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

If you purchased it from us we can take a look. It might be a bad ODAC. Try using the analog input in the front and see if it does it still.

If you purchased it from us we can take a look. It might be a bad ODAC. Try using the analog input in the front and see if it does it still.

I've been using the analog input and it's still there. I'll try it with my phone next.

Spoiler

I've been using the analog input and it's still there. I'll try it with my phone next.

Weird, if you purchased it from us, send me an email. Might be a bad solder joint.

Tried changing the USB ports? it might be the cables, but not that likely considering it takes a while.. If other USB ports don't work, try the o2 and odac on a different pc? 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50