Copy Paste not working correctly

jackieAZ
Go to solution Solved by jackieAZ,

UPDATE: I have solved the issue! My fix was to download an install an Intel chipset driver, found from the MSI support site. dajackal I'm happy you found your fix as well, sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner.

Hi guys, this is a pretty weird issue I can't say I've ever experienced before. When I copy some text or a link or really anything, instead of pasting normally it pastes what i assume is the location where clipboard is temp-storing the copied data.

For example copying "sample text", yields the output: C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-07-29--21-29-23_.dmp

Anyone know a fix?

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

No idea, but things to try, restart pc. Try right click copy pasta. Reinstall copy and paste in Windows (Google fix copy part paste). Try using a third party program like teracopy. 

-bump-

No luck so far, tried

-sfc scan stuff in command prompt, reinstalled keyboard drivers (tried both generic and proper)

-using external keyboard

-restarting several times

Anyone got suggestions?

rubber dome apologist

Ok, update:

Upon some closer inspection of what's going on, when I try to copy something into clipboard, it works for a couple seconds, and then turns into the weird location thing. I took a look at the location in file explorer, and here you can see that WIndows is constantly making one crash dump file after another.

I wonder if this is slowing down my pc a bit, as I have been having some stutter issues that I previously thought were unrelated. (Which would be strange considering this laptop is brand new and pretty high spec)

clip.PNG

rubber dome apologist

• 3 weeks later...

Hi WubGuy, I'm getting the same issue aswell, but I haven't been able to find a fix. Have you been able to resolve?

On 8/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, WubGuy said:

WIndows is constantly making one crash dump file after another.

Hi WubGuy, I'm getting the same issue aswell, but I haven't been able to find a fix. Have you been able to resolve?

On 8/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, WubGuy said:

WIndows is constantly making one crash dump file after another.

I downloaded a clipboard monitor and can see something is writing to the clipboard every couple of seconds. 

I've tried uninstalling a bunch of stuff, turned off a bunch of apps at startup, but still can't figure out what's causing it. It's driving me crazy!

cliptrap.png

Turns out it was the Realtek Audio drivers and a clean reinstall of the MSI drivers helped. 

Took me a half a dozen attempts to get it working, so make sure you uninstall both Nahimic and the Realtek software first. 

Here's some links that helped me out:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=304152.0

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=304339.0

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I have solved the issue! My fix was to download an install an Intel chipset driver, found from the MSI support site. dajackal I'm happy you found your fix as well, sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner.

rubber dome apologist

• 1 month later...

OMG here save my life. Thank you very much. This issue is so weird!

After trying this fix and several others, none worked including a format and re-installation of Windows 10!

I have an Asus ROG Hero XI with an i9900k. The board has a Realtek chipset and enables Sonic Studio. For me the entire problem revolved around the Nahimic Service which, AFAIK, is by A-Volute (or vica-versa). If I disabled the service - problem gone but then Sonic Studio didn't work correctly.

EDIT: I've just got exactly the same problem on my son's system which has an Asus z370 board (he just had the default Windows driver on before I installed the Asus Realtek driver set). The workaround fixes it on his too.

I've posted at length about this problem here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3786929/error-message-copying-pasting.html

However, in brief!

Windows 10 by default does a Hybrid shutdown. The Nahimic service or some part of the connected driver package doesn't like this. The workaround which has SO FAR woked for me with my system configuration is to disable fast startup in Windows:

Right click the Windows Icon, bottom left
Click Power Options
Click Additional power settings on the right of the menu
Click Choose what the power buttons do on the left of the menu
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable
Under Shut-down settings uncheck "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)

2018-11-04.png

Hopefully Nahimic/A-Volute will fix their software so it can cope with a Hybrid shutdown.

Edited by DragonRR

On 11/4/2018 at 11:32 AM, DragonRR said:

After trying this fix and several others, none worked including a format and re-installation of Windows 10!

I have an Asus ROG Hero XI with an i9900k. The board has a Realtek chipset and enables Sonic Studio. For me the entire problem revolved around the Nahimic Service which, AFAIK, is by A-Volute (or vica-versa). If I disabled the service - problem gone but then Sonic Studio didn't work correctly.

EDIT: I've just got exactly the same problem on my son's system which has an Asus z370 board (he just had the default Windows driver on before I installed the Asus Realtek driver set). The workaround fixes it on his too.

I've posted at length about this problem here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3786929/error-message-copying-pasting.html

However, in brief!

Windows 10 by default does a Hybrid shutdown. The Nahimic service or some part of the connected driver package doesn't like this. The workaround which has SO FAR woked for me with my system configuration is to disable fast startup in Windows:

Right click the Windows Icon, bottom left
Click Power Options
Click Additional power settings on the right of the menu
Click Choose what the power buttons do on the left of the menu
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable
Under Shut-down settings uncheck "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)

2018-11-04.png

Hopefully Nahimic/A-Volute will fix their software so it can cope with a Hybrid shutdown.

Hi there! So far the only solution to this issue!!! No no more infinite writing of any .DMP files in the Temp folder.

Ps: any one facing also the issue of not being able to open the Realtek Audio Console? I mean the one that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9p2b8mcsvpln

Thankx!

Glad it worked.

Asus support have forwarded my information to their HQ to see if they can duplicate the problem. Whilst it could be a massive coincidence, having the same problem on two completely different PC only sharing the same Nahimic software/Sonic Studio 3 feature surely means they will be easily able to duplicate the problem and get their software provider to fix this.

Actually I *might* be able to help you with your second problem or at least point you in the right direction. I had the same problem on my first Windows install after I tried many different ways to fix my problem (before giving up and starting again!). At one point I tried installing drivers directly from Realtek - note that their Audio console doesn't work with the current version of Windows 10 (AFAIK). This broke the Windows App store Realtek Audio console. I would suggest removing all traces of the realtek audio software and then installing the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website (Asus/MSI etc..) For Asus on the latest Hero boards (z370 & z390) the driver is called:

8507_UAD_WHQL_2018_0815_NAHIMIC.zip

If you've already done that then you could try a good driver cleaner like CCleaner.

2 hours ago, DragonRR said:

Glad it worked.

Asus support have forwarded my information to their HQ to see if they can duplicate the problem. Whilst it could be a massive coincidence, having the same problem on two completely different PC only sharing the same Nahimic software/Sonic Studio 3 feature surely means they will be easily able to duplicate the problem and get their software provider to fix this.

Actually I *might* be able to help you with your second problem or at least point you in the right direction. I had the same problem on my first Windows install after I tried many different ways to fix my problem (before giving up and starting again!). At one point I tried installing drivers directly from Realtek - note that their Audio console doesn't work with the current version of Windows 10 (AFAIK). This broke the Windows App store Realtek Audio console. I would suggest removing all traces of the realtek audio software and then installing the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website (Asus/MSI etc..) For Asus on the latest Hero boards (z370 & z390) the driver is called:

8507_UAD_WHQL_2018_0815_NAHIMIC.zip

If you've already done that then you could try a good driver cleaner like CCleaner.

Well, Realtek Audio Console is not working with my last UAD official drivers for my ASUS Z370-G Wi-Fi, that are:

Realtek_Audio_8480_UAD_NAHMIC_WHQL.zip

Really don't know what to do....

Any help??

Try pressing CTRL + X just in case you cut the file.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

9 minutes ago, PIRATA! said:

Well, Realtek Audio Console is not working with my last UAD official drivers for my ASUS Z370-G Wi-Fi, that are:

Realtek_Audio_8480_UAD_NAHMIC_WHQL.zip

Really don't know what to do....

Any help??

You could check for updates manually in the Microsoft store (which updates the Realtek Audio Control. Type "Microsoft Store" into the Cortana search area. When the store opens click the 3 dots in the top right corner, click downloads and updates and then click get updates below that.

I'm assuming you have the ASUS ROG STRIX z370 G....

If you want to take a gamble you could try the drivers I'm using which are for the Asus Maximus Hero XI but MIGHT work with your board. Note that it could fix the issue or make it worse or even stop your sound working.

You could create a new user profile in Windows which probably will fix the problem for the new profile, not great but you can then copy docs etc.. out of your old profile and eventually delete your old profile.

You could wait for Asus to fix the problem (which they probably will eventually)

You could fresh install Windows. A bit painful I know but that's what I did in the end (although because I thought it would fix the Nahimic problem which it damned well didn't!!!).

2 hours ago, DragonRR said:

You could check for updates manually in the Microsoft store (which updates the Realtek Audio Control. Type "Microsoft Store" into the Cortana search area. When the store opens click the 3 dots in the top right corner, click downloads and updates and then click get updates below that.

I'm assuming you have the ASUS ROG STRIX z370 G....

If you want to take a gamble you could try the drivers I'm using which are for the Asus Maximus Hero XI but MIGHT work with your board. Note that it could fix the issue or make it worse or even stop your sound working.

You could create a new user profile in Windows which probably will fix the problem for the new profile, not great but you can then copy docs etc.. out of your old profile and eventually delete your old profile.

You could wait for Asus to fix the problem (which they probably will eventually)

You could fresh install Windows. A bit painful I know but that's what I did in the end (although because I thought it would fix the Nahimic problem which it damned well didn't!!!).

Well, was not able to install a UAD driver with a Realtek Audio Console working correctly. I have tried a lot, even going for some custom made slim driver pack from the ASUS Rog forum, but unfortunately the UAD drivers and Windows10 are still quite buggy.

But I found a solution!!!

Here is the [DRIVERS] REALTEK HD AUDIO (UAD) thread from the Rog ASUS forums from where you can get a slim version of the UAD drivers. Between pages 13 and 15 I have posted all my trouble explaining everything and summing up pretty everything about the CtrlC-CtrlV problem with the .DMP files, the installing and uninstalling Realtek drivers, fixing the problem, and installing a working version of Realtek drivers.

Here is the [DRIVERS] REALTEK HD AUDIO (HDA/LEGACY) thread still from the Rog ASUS forums from where you can get the HDA slim drivers that i've installed and that are working correctly!!!

These two drivers are: 

--- HDA : Realtek High Definition Audio

--- UAD : Realtek Audio + Realtek Software Components

The architecture of these 2 drivers types is totally different. Both are listed in most of the ASUS Rog motherboard, and can differentiate them to their sizes: HDA it should be a much more bigger .ZIP file than the UAD one.

Hope it helps.

I HAVE A GOOD UPDATE!!!!!

CtrlC-CtrlV problem about the .DMP file creation in the Temp folder is completely GONE!!!  Using the Realtek HDA drivers, instead of the UAD one, fixed it!!!

And I have now restored the Fast Boot in Windows 10 and I don't have any .DMP file created in the Temp folder and my CrtlC-CtrlV is still working correctly!!!!!

Text copied and pasted for test!!! Text copied and pasted for test!!! Text copied and pasted for test!!! Text copied and pasted for test!!!

?????????????

Another important thing: it should be better to disable Windows 10 to automatically update drivers (not updates...only drivers). This will affect ALL the system drivers, not only a selected one. For the moment, till Realtek finds a complete solution, I think it should be done.
Here is how to disable it: https://superuser.com/questions/947706/make-windows-10-stop-installing-driver-software-automatically/947718#947718

Ps: If you'd like to disable only one selected driver from Windows Update, you could go for the Microsoft Show-or-Hide updates troubleshooter package that can disable the update for singular drivers....but the driver should be listed as a possible update, otherwise you will not get to see it and so not able to deactivate its update.

Here is the reference for download the package: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

File male is: wushowhide.diagcab

New DRIVERS Update!!!

There are just new drivers update: Last Realtek Drivers version [06/11/2018] : 6.0.1.8569 WHQL

Haven't tried their UAD drivers version yet, and don't know if I'll try them as finally everything works now. If I'll decide to do so, I think I'll definitely renaming with the HDA version of them, as I'm quite happy now as it works everything!!

If you'd like to try the UAD version instead, and give it a try it they have fixed the issue of the CtrlC-CtrlV problem/.DMP file creation/Fast Boot not working, remember to follow the instruction for cleaning the system reported in the links I've posted up here, even if you have another motherboard!!!

Cleaning like that is good for any manufacture (between page 13 and page 15 of the UAD link up here you'll find my posts where I explain also the use of an extra app called Dism++ that helps removing old drivers stuck from deleting, as it might happen with these drivers).

Well, hope this will help someone. Cheers :)

OP, You are my hero!

On 11/4/2018 at 11:32 AM, DragonRR said:

-snip-

OP's fix worked but i did this anyway because i have an asus board with sonic studio and i was wondering the other day what was that "Nahimic service" running in the background when my CPU was more utilized than i think it should have been.

@Pirata

I've seen your posts on the Asus forum.... Does the latest driver include Sonic Studio/Nahimic? I got the impression from you that it was a reduced driver set which didn't include this............. If it doesn't I will probably cope with the slower boot until there is a proper fix.

Hey guys, was having the same problem. The reinstall of the chipset drivers worked for me on my Asus Hero X so try that before reinstalling windows!

On 9/11/2018 at 3:11 PM, WubGuy said:

On 11/9/2018 at 11:57 PM, DragonRR said:

@Pirata

I've seen your posts on the Asus forum.... Does the latest driver include Sonic Studio/Nahimic? I got the impression from you that it was a reduced driver set which didn't include this............. If it doesn't I will probably cope with the slower boot until there is a proper fix.

Yes, it is a reduced/slim driver, but if you use the UAD version, you'll have the Realtek Audio Console as app, while if you install the other HDA version (that I'm using now) you'll have the Realtek Sound Manager skinned ASUS Rog. In both cases you'll be pretty ok in managing the audio, if you don't need extra stuff.

If you need the complete set of software of the UAD driver pack, you have to go for the ASUS stock pack, but to avoid any issue you might indeed deactivate the Fast Boot in Windows 10.

Otherwise if you could end up with the software pack of the HDA drivers, try their stock ASUS version, as I have read that they might work with no issues at all.

13 hours ago, Mickau2541 said:

So the chipset driver that solved your issue was from MSI and not ASUS? Can you post the version and link? I?d like to look at its version... Thanks!

i am having this same problem, i have a Asus Maximus XI Hero.

how can i fix this ?