Jump to content
jonfunko

What resolution should i be using?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I Want to get the Blizzard World Map printed up at 20-26X30-36 But when i go to staples website, it says the resolution is too Low and may be blurry, what resolution should i be looking to supply them with so i can to get it to look proper?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jonfunko said:

So I Want to get the Blizzard World Map printed up at 20-26X30-36 But when i go to staples website, it says the resolution is too Low and may be blurry, what resolution should i be looking to supply them with so i can to get it to look proper?

It depends on the PPI they want. For example, if they want a PPI of at least 300, then you need a resolution of at least 6000 x 9000.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It depends on the PPI they want. For example, if they want a PPI of at least 300, then you need a resolution of at least 6000 x 9000.

the best image i could find is 63dpi acording to walmart, what can i do to fix this, it says poor image quality?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jonfunko said:

the best image i could find is 63dpi acording to walmart, what can i do to fix this, it says poor image quality?

Either find a higher resolution version of the image or scale it up to what they want and live with the ugly quality that inevitably results from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

63ppi is way too low, realistically, 180ppi is probably as low as I'd go.

 

Either find a better resolution image or make the print smaller.


6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

 

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

 

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Buy VPN

×