Only a couple days away from 1 year of Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Don't expect a cake. You *(insert expletive here)* up the last one. 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

#PaintSkillz

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Keep up the great work LMG! If there's time for it, may be more fan meetups? :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Cameramans or video editors?

Some of that. Hopefully some script-writing...

Wait one more thing...total estimated earnings ZERO?!

It's against the ToS for me to share my earnings.

LOL what's that huge spike in the dislikes graph?

Usually Apple stuff.

By daily news show, are you going to brush over some topic posted in the "Tech News and Reviews" thread and throw in your opinion?

or did I miss something?

We're not 100% sure yet. It'll go on Tech Quickie though, not on Linus Tech Tips. We may also move The WAN Show over to Tech Quickie. Not sure yet.

I'm thinking making a daily news show would quickly drain your enthusiasm and you would be sick of doing those after a few weeks and also it would get rid of the content for the wan show. I personally also find that annoying especially when it's not good content I don't want to see that everyday! please don't do a daily show! I've been following you for 10 months or so and I really would find it too bad if you would waste all your energy for that, besides people that care about the info will also read an article on a website or something else

update: I know a few channels that tried doing that and they had to quit that Idea after 3 days, because it is SO much work. What makes your channel special is that you are honest about products, you like making videos and it looks like you're having fun, it would also be too bad if slick also is suddenly tired and un -enthusiastic

I'll keep that in mind. Still not sure exactly what form our daily show would take...

Yep just awesome work over this year guys! Can't wait for the future.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

In case anyone is wondering what our company goals are for 2014:

- daily news show

- add 1-2 more staff

- double revenue

- further increase quality of videos (4K will be standard procedure by the end of next year)

- Stop letting Tech Quickie be the redheaded step child. Aim for 4-5 videos per week with the Fast As Possible style.

When you say 4K, do you actually mean 4k resolution videos or 4K footage downscaled to 1080p?

GW2: Vettexl.9726

>inb4 text tool

but oooh 4K! I still have yet to obtain a native 1080p monitor :c

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."

This is hilarious. Every year I forget about this. It's amazing how much advertising goes into the period leading up to (and presumably including) Christmas...

Views didn't change, but earnings fall off a cliff as soon as December 26th rolls around, lol

post-3-0-96066900-1388481275.png

Nawwwww, look at you, being successful with YouTube. I wish you all the luck, especially with the whole double revenue thing.... If you get that you guys absolutely deserve it. I just hope YouTube doesn't crash and die before you have a nice retirement package or an alternative. GOOD LUCK LINUS MEDIA GROUP

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Congratulations for a great year, looking forward to your plans for 2014!

Cheers,

Linus

Nawwwww, look at you, being successful with YouTube. I wish you all the luck, especially with the whole double revenue thing.... If you get that you guys absolutely deserve it. I just hope YouTube doesn't crash and die before you have a nice retirement package or an alternative. GOOD LUCK LINUS MEDIA GROUP

This is exactly what I hope every day.... I need a stockpile in case YouTube decides to roll out like.. Google Minus integration or something. Anti-social network reduces viewers or like... I dunno. Who knows what they're up to over there these days...

Are you going to start uploading in 2.5k now that you have the new camera? 1440p is growing fast with the whole Korean monitor thing!

I really like the way this is going Linus, more integrity and such. Also the best news that I've heard the last couple of days cause i got the flu...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

- daily news show

- add 1-2 more staff

- double revenue

- further increase quality of videos (4K will be standard procedure by the end of next year)

- Stop letting Tech Quickie be the redheaded step child. Aim for 4-5 videos per week with the Fast As Possible style.

All this sounds amazing! You are doing seriously amazing work thus far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming content but I have 1 concern... This may be more true than I think with such schedule xD

Slick%20Sleep%202014.png

LOL what's that huge spike in the dislikes graph?

I believe it was on that unboxing of the Apple TV

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

- daily news show

- add 1-2 more staff

- double revenue

- more linus cat tips

• 3 weeks later...

Cameramans or video editors?

Or maybe even on camera people??  But no one can replace Linus.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Kudos on the effort.

I think you're going to need an extra Linus for all those extra content

Awesome man this is just great..

You are the one who got me really deep into tech, as i always loved computers and stuff like that, but it is you linus who got me do more around computers instead of just playing games

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Woot Woot best of Luck 2014!

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

All i can say is that linus and linus media group is the inspration for what lots of young pepole would love as there job. Keep on the good work and keep my waking up every day to see wether linus media gorup has a new vid. :)

@LinusTech

When will you guys have time for this? My goodness. 

ask lord gaben for some more

This is hilarious. Every year I forget about this. It's amazing how much advertising goes into the period leading up to (and presumably including) Christmas...

Views didn't change, but earnings fall off a cliff as soon as December 26th rolls around, lol

I'd say people will be looking at a lot of reviews for products that they are going to buy around that time. Good thing you have so many. :D

Quote me to get a reply!