Are Deepcool any good?

So, I'm I need of a PSU, but my country is kinda poor on Cooler Master and Corsair PSU's and they are above $100, so I found a 650W PSU, by Deepcool (PSU 650W Deepcool DN650 ) and was looking for an answer to my question, is it any good?

10 minutes ago, Repchich said:

So, I'm I need of a PSU, but my country is kinda poor on Cooler Master and Corsair PSU's and they are above $100, so I found a 650W PSU, by Deepcool (PSU 650W Deepcool DN650 ) and was looking for an answer to my question, is it any good?

Brands aren't very useful when it comes to PSUs, aside from like Seasonic.

Deepcool makes some decent units and some bad ones, what else is available? Are you building an entire new PC?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3036217/deepcool-good-psu.html

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

54 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Deepcool makes some decent units and some bad ones, what else is available? Are you building an entire new PC?

Atm Im just buying a PSU and a GPU ( GTX 1060 ) but there are some cooler master PSU's that are in my budget. Cooler Master MWE 650W is also an option as well the Cooler master MasterWat 600W.

5 minutes ago, Repchich said:

Atm Im just buying a PSU and a GPU ( GTX 1060 ) but there are some cooler master PSU's that are in my budget. Cooler Master MWE 650W is also an option as well the Cooler master MasterWat 600W.

I would go with Cooler Master one (MWE) it has most powerful 12v rail.

edit: Also it 80plus bronze compare to deepcool is just 80plus

Magical Pineapples

It's just ok

I'm using DA700 for one of my mining rig and it's pulling 350w 24/7 with 4 GPU.

I also used DE530 and DN500, for the 700&500 the units is quite hot under load.

Most forums would not recommend it just based on brand, Deepcool isn't popular in CA/NA

but for the price and performance, it's very good, build quality? just ok.

If you are using single GPU you won't need higher wattage, just get 450/500w version, 650w is too much.

It's been 7 months since I use it, so far just ok.

I have no experience with CM MWE, but I have blown up CM psu on me so I would never use them ever again.

1 hour ago, Blebekblebek said:

It's just ok

I'm using DA700 for one of my mining rig and it's pulling 350w 24/7 with 4 GPU.

I also used DE530 and DN500, for the 700&500 the units is quite hot under load.

Most forums would not recommend it just based on brand, Deepcool isn't popular in CA/NA

If you are using single GPU you won't need higher wattage, just get 450/500w version, 650w is too much.

It's been 7 months since I use it, so far just ok.

I have no experience with CM MWE, but I have blown up CM psu on me so I would never use them ever again.

Okay, pretty sure I got my answer, also I looked up on other forums and on them, people say almost the same thing "if you are using a single GPU go with the Deepcool, because it won't make that big of a difference", so I guess for THAT price of $45 i'd go with the Deepcool, and I know this is dumb, but im not that educated on these things... Does every PSU come with an 8 pin connector for a GPU?

2 hours ago, Repchich said:

Okay, pretty sure I got my answer, also I looked up on other forums and on them, people say almost the same thing "if you are using a single GPU go with the Deepcool, because it won't make that big of a difference", so I guess for THAT price of $45 i'd go with the Deepcool, and I know this is dumb, but im not that educated on these things... Does every PSU come with an 8 pin connector for a GPU?

You get 2 pin on 500w unit, 4 with 700w unit, but only 1 with DE530.

6 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

So you've actually taken it apart, checked which components it uses, and used actual testing equipment to determine that?

:)

6 hours ago, Repchich said:

Masterwatt is alright

But are you buying your PC in pieces/parts? Because that's a bad idea and you should buy everything at once if at all possible.

Or if you don't have a PC at all just get a cheap R3 2200G system to start .

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Masterwatt is alright

But are you buying your PC in pieces/parts? Because that's a bad idea and you should buy everything at once if at all possible.

Or if you don't have a PC at all just get a cheap R3 2200G system to start .

I have an i7 920, 8gb DDR3 ram, MSI-7522 motherboard, and a GTX 750Ti, so this is just an upgrade, ill buy a new motherboard and processor till next summer... i think!

10 minutes ago, Repchich said:

I have an i7 920, 8gb DDR3 ram, MSI-7522 motherboard, and a GTX 750Ti, so this is just an upgrade, ill buy a new motherboard and processor till next summer... i think!

And what's the price difference between the RX 570/580 and 1060 6GB?

If the RX 570 is way cheaper buy that, performance is still plenty for 1080p.

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, seon123 said:

So you've actually taken it apart, checked which components it uses, and used actual testing equipment to determine that?

My judgement purely based on price and my usage which is been constant for 7 months, and those were running 24/7, and it also have 3 years warranty.

We don't have much option here, the option is either getting $200 corsair or other no name brand for much less.

You can see the inside from their website (click the gallery)

http://www.deepcool.com/product/powersupply/2017-10/10_7116.shtml

http://www.deepcool.com/product/powersupply/2016-12/10_6301.shtml

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Even seasonic makes cheap power supplies, especially for other brands

6 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

Even seasonic makes cheap power supplies, especially for other brands

Anything S12II or above seems fine though.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

That is the problem people use ONE model, ONE brand ONE time and depending on their experience that extrapolate that to the whole brand.

Most brands make all kinds of products, from electronic garbage to very well engineered things. Remember cooler master makes the masterwatt MIJ series which are like server grade power supplies

7 hours ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

I would go with Cooler Master one (MWE) it has most powerful 12v rail.

edit: Also it 80plus bronze compare to deepcool is just 80plus

7 hours ago, Repchich said:

MWE seems to be group regulated, I wouldn't buy it

Just now, Streetguru said:

Anything S12II or above seems fine though.

1 hour ago, Repchich said:

It'd help if you mentioned what country you are from

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

How is it a better idea to buy all at once then several orders over time to get the best deals, a whole new system, or to upgrade when you can?

2 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

How is it a better idea to buy all at once then several orders over time to get the best deals, a whole new system, or to upgrade when you can?

Because you'll likely not end up saving any money.

And if something is wrong you want to be able to readily return things.

but he already has some kind of system to use for now anyways.

Also don't forget that newer/faster next gen GPUs are launching in a month or 2, should probably just wait to buy the 1060.

Spoiler

12 hours ago, 17030644 said:

That is the problem people use ONE model, ONE brand ONE time and depending on their experience that extrapolate that to the whole brand.

Most brands make all kinds of products, from electronic garbage to very well engineered things. Remember cooler master makes the masterwatt MIJ series which are like server grade power supplies

MWE seems to be group regulated, I wouldn't buy it

I am telling my experiences with

It's like chain reaction for most people, just like exploded batteries with samsung phone, whole world reacted. even though only very small percentage.

I don't mind if it just died, but it's not, PSU is expendable stuff, but it's blowing up. I would never take any chance with the same brand again, and I don't use only ONE model.

I've dealt with many brands and even worse product, but none of them blow up, let say the seasonic one that blow up on me, I also would never use them again.

MasterWatt is all you should consider.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:53 PM, 17030644 said:

It'd help if you mentioned what country you are from

Macedonia

On 7/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, Streetguru said:

Because you'll likely not end up saving any money.

And if something is wrong you want to be able to readily return things.

but he already has some kind of system to use for now anyways.

Also don't forget that newer/faster next gen GPUs are launching in a month or 2, should probably just wait to buy the 1060.

Also, i have a choice here, i can either get a GTX 1060 3GB EVGA OC for $200, or i can get a gtx 970 OC 4GB, for the same price... I see a lot of people recommend the 970!

Also, i have a choice here, i can either get a GTX 1060 3GB EVGA OC for $200, or i can get a gtx 970 OC 4GB, for the same price... I see a lot of people recommend the 970!

Should really just wait if you can...but I wouldn't suggest buying either of them exactly. 3GBs is likely too limiting for the long run, 970 was lied about with it's 3.5GBs of usable VRAM.

1060 6GB/RX 570/580 would be the minimum I'd recommend. Or an R9 390

Spoiler