Hi. I jave Asus maximus VI hero mobo with i7 4770K and 16 Gb of Vengenace 1600 ram, 850 pro 256G amd 2 hard disks attached to pc.

About 7 months ago my Gpu Gtx 670 stopped working all of a sudden while installed on mobo and it hasnt worked since then. Im sure it was cause of electricity fluctuations.

A few weeks back, my ram slot black ones gave up on me and i have to install my ram on red slots.

I have been running my pc off of onboard graphics. Pc got over heated although i have corsair H100i water cooler installed, it get very hot here where i live so i understand that. My pc got froze and sudden death occurs cause of cpu over heat. I had to restart pressing power button for like 10 seconds.

Now all of a sudden like 5 days ago i started my pc and it didnt turn on. I did everything i used to do to get it running again. Disassembled it, put it out of cooler master case 600. Reinstalled literally everything every cable and thermal paste and all i knew. 

It doesnt run now. ?.

I noticed that when i like put power cable in power supply, i see light on on the power vutton on the mobo itself. I press on and it like lights up the cprsair h100i light and for like a split second and then doesnt go any further. Like only for split second. Then even if i keep pressing power button it does nothing. I habe to remove power cable wait for light of power on button thsts on the mobo itself amd then reattache cable to power on but then again same split sexond thing happens.

Update for tday is i juat tinkered as i dont know much, i removed the CLRTC cap and when i did, it did the same split second thing. It foes when ever i remove. 

Also one more information, when i press BIOS button on back IO it turns blue like normal and thst light on mobo starts blinking. 

Pls guys help me. There is no duch poper technician here and honestly im student i dont have cash to get repaired. I hope its just power supply issue. 

U guys are my last hope before i get completely disappointed. I had another account, i created in stsrt of Ltt but i forgot its id thst was on this pc. And i cant live without my gsming so pls help

Thanks.

Dead cooler and fried CPU likely.  If you remove the CPU and the board powers up (wont boot obviously), it is 100% a dead CPU.

15 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Dead cooler and fried CPU likely.  If you remove the CPU and the board powers up (wont boot obviously), it is 100% a dead CPU.

U mean i remove cpu from socket, and then power pc on, if it goes on then it means cpu is dead , am i right? 

VID_20180726_230140904.mp4

Here is a video of what happens. I power it on it stsrts for a split second and nothing happens

Ok let me try pls wait for me im doing it as u telling me right now

Also, if it still does that, try removing the 8pin CPU power cable from the MB.  If it turns on after that its likely the board.  If it still does not turn on and stay on, the PSU or something else connected to it is dead.

16 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

yep.

Power on like this with cpu power cable and everything attached?

1532628566553-1308586670.jpg

14 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

yes

Nope same crap, split second stsrt then nothing

18 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Now pull the 8pin CPU power and try.

Pulled cpu power cable and same issue. Split second on then nothing

Is anything else plugged in to the PSU?

It sounds like the PSU at this point honestly.

18 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Now pull the 8pin CPU power and try.

1532629143137465472792.jpg

13 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Is anything else plugged in to the PSU?

It sounds like the PSU at this point honestly.

Yes all the other components are attached , hard disks ssd 

Have you tried leaving the CPU in the socket and just disconnecting the CPU power connector? That would let the motherboard start (because it detects there's a CPU installed), and it should stay on (fans, light and all) and let you diagnose that the CPU's the cause of the problem

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

Just removed everything, only mobo power cable the thick one.attached and still issue

Try unplugging everything and shorting the green wire of the 24pin connector to a black one.  See if the PSU comes on.

14 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

Have you tried leaving the CPU in the socket and just disconnecting the CPU power connector? That would let the motherboard start (because it detects there's a CPU installed), and it should stay on (fans, light and all) and let you diagnose that the CPU's the cause of the problem

Let me try that as well

1 minute ago, LionSpeck said:

Either way the board does not detect a CPU.  The CPU cant do anything if there is no power to it.  Most boards will at least turn on and beep at you if you have a beeper/speaker attached to the board and no CPU installed.

17 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

Just did this same issue 

15 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Either way the board does not detect a CPU.  The CPU cant do anything if there is no power to it.  Most boards will at least turn on and beep at you if you have a beeper/speaker attached to the board and no CPU installed.

Im praying for the issue to be of power supply and not anyother thing...

Just now, KarathKasun said:

The motherboard actually delivers power to the CPU just for detection through the 24 pin connector, and indeed, in this case (to understand whether the CPU is the cause of the problem or not) we want the CPU not to be able to do anything

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

Just now, TechLoverboi said:

Im praying for the issue to be of power supply and not anyother thing...

Does the PSU stay on if you jump the green wire to a black wire in the 24pin connector with everything else disconnected?

16 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

I see this thing , when i remove it from 1-2 to 2-3 the same split second thing is happenening right when i remove it does that tell anything?

1532629726510-437656134.jpg