Laptop for Productivity / Gaming

Hi All, 

I am currently looking into getting a new laptop with a screen no bigger than 15'. 

I was hoping you all would be kind enough to recommend different laptops for a price range of up to $2000. 

I would like to meet the following requirements.

• Photoshop / Lightroom CC
  • Gaming (Runescape, Path of Exile and Fortnite)
  • 3D Modelling / Design
  • 1080p + Screen (Preferably 4K)
  • 2 in 1 OR can rotate the screen to use in tablet mode

I have been looking at the Dell XPS 15 with 512GB SSD 7th Gen i7 and 16GB RAM with a 1050 or alternatively the Huawei Matebook X Pro. 

Thank you for your time. 

Where are you from? Preferred weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

11 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Where are you from? Preferred weight and battery life?

I would ideally like it to be thin and Light (Around 3-4 pounds). Battery life doesn't matter that much to me as long as it can go around 4 hours on the battery that's good enough for me. :) and I'm from the UK.

1 hour ago, JamDoughnut said:

Around 3-4 pounds

Then you have to sacrifice performance (cannot get CFL-H CPU). You sure?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Then you have to sacrifice performance (cannot get CFL-H CPU). You sure?

If you could provide a few examples of some heavier laptops with better performance and some with less performance but lightweight that would be great. 

I can then research and look at reviews and see which one I think will be best. 

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

I would get a dell inspiron 15 7000 as it has a dedicated gpu and a i7 8th gen and a UHD screen

This one also looks nice.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Spectre-i7-8550U-3840x2160-Convertible/dp/B076QQRWZF/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1532612145&sr=1-5&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A3012497011

What would be comparable without the touchscreen? I have similar needs but don't need a touchscreen and can transfer that to performance or reduced cost. 

6 hours ago, mick14731 said:

What would be comparable without the touchscreen? I have similar needs but don't need a touchscreen and can transfer that to performance or reduced cost. 

idk, i think it comes as touchscreen with it being a 2-in-1, most 2-in 1s have a touchscreen

Last-gen HP ZBook X2? If you don't mind sacrificing the touchscreen, then a Thinkpad P52/P52S?

10 hours ago, JamDoughnut said:

If you could provide a few examples of some heavier laptops with better performance and some with less performance but lightweight that would be great. 

I can then research and look at reviews and see which one I think will be best. 

Zephyrus M or Ultrabooks?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Zephyrus M or Ultrabooks?

The Zephyrus M specs look great! However, what would it be like for Photoshop / Lightroom in terms of the display?

1 hour ago, JamDoughnut said:

However, what would it be like for Photoshop / Lightroom in terms of the display?

The display quality is excellent

Desktop specs:

Spoiler