Denuvo DRM has had enough of Revolt Group and starts legal action with Bulgarian authorities.

ItsMitch

His fault for hacking from Europe, if you dont live in russia or china or some far country no one can reach you shouldnt do this you will get caught.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's YOUR OPINION that they are unnecessary products. The game publisher absolutely doesn't view it that way -- hence why they're willing to pay money for that "unnecessary" product. You not liking something doesn't change reality.

Yes that's just my opinion, but the reason I called them unnecessary because every game gets pirated, regardless of any DRM, so all DRM really accomplishes is annoying regular consumers and potentially worsening the problem by pushing some to pirate a clean version of the game without the DRM. Yes, DRM prevents pirating for a short period of time, and it's up to the publishers to decide if that short amount of time is worth whatever it costs to add Denuvo's DRM to their games - but that doesn't mean I have to like, support, or otherwise respect their decision.

I'm confused as to what part of my comment led you to believe that I thought my dislike of their products changed reality it any sort of way? I said I acknowledge their right to sue under the current laws (nor would I revoke this right if I had the ability) - my point was only that just because they have the legal authority to behave as they did, I don't have to respect their products or their company and can say "Fuck Denuvo" without any qualms. Similar to how Nintendo's practices make me say "Fuck Nintendo"(at least their business side of things - games are still good), despite the fact that everything they do is also legal and within their rights.

Why don’t companies just release good games people will pay money for and they won’t need DRM.

7 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

. It's also common sense that piracy does cause damage when people can get a game for free and the publisher makes nothing from their IP.

The Problem is that you are wrong. And Piracy has no measurable effect or even a positive effect on sales.

Because People (who are willing and able to pay), like to pay for their stuff, but don't neccessarily have much time to play the games.

And Piracy is either used as a "Demo Version" (yes, that's no joke, Heard that a couple of times!) or by People who are on Social service or similar and couldn't buy most of the stuff anyway...

Oh and since Copyright is kinda the Topic here:
Look for Tales of Xillia 2 in the US or Oceanea Playstation Store.

Look for Tales of Xillia 2 in the EU Playstation Store.

The thing is: With strong Copyright, there will be works that will be lost due to that...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

16 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Why don’t companies just release good games people will pay money for and they won’t need DRM.

Because at the Top are either old people or what we Call "BWLer" (Business Administration). Or rather short: People who know about finances but have absolutely no clue about the product they are selling.

8 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

If it wasn't so damaging then Denuvo wouldn't be putting forth the legal effort in stopping a hacker. It's also common sense that piracy does cause damage when people can get a game for free and the publisher makes nothing from their IP. The crappy code doesn't suddenly make piracy okay. It sucks that the guy isn't being questioned fairly, but didn't even bother to hide himself while distributing cracked games.

In many cases embracing pirates, releasing things for free, or in most cases just offering better alternatives has been shown to help sales, not hurt them, and studies that didn't show piracy having a negative impact were buried as well.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20180709/14345140207/french-pirates-are-increasingly-buying-through-legal-options.shtml

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20180313/10151539415/serious-sam-developer-teams-up-with-denuvo-cracker-to-pump-up-sales-failed-game.shtml

https://www.pcgamesn.com/die-young/die-young-survival-horror-drm-free-piracy

https://torrentfreak.com/google-netflix-searches-outweigh-those-for-pirate-alternatives-171112/

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/06/30/piracy-downloads-decline-in-the-netherlands/

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170920/08463638245/eu-buried-own-400000-study-showing-unauthorized-downloads-have-almost-no-effect-sales.shtml

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

38 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Because at the Top are either old people or what we Call "BWLer" (Business Administration). Or rather short: People who know about finances but have absolutely no clue about the product they are selling.

5b5a514c7b7ad_ScreenShot2018-07-27at10_54_58am.png.b0a4f7fd18e3b5d73b079ddcfa845ff9.png

My expression about this whole thing and business administration. 

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Except this is a guy who has previously accepted "donation" for private denuvo bypass on his forum. Which is paying money for pirated games. It's kind of easy to prove financial damage in this case. Not just games but all softwares in general if you use someone's commercial code and use it in something sold for money, you should be in a lot of trouble.

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

It doesn't always work that way. Good games don't always sell and bad games don't always fail. Also, the mega publishers are all about short-term profit. They want to get a return on their investment immediately, so even a short time where they can prevent piracy is worth a little extra money. Get money right away and then move on to the next expensive project.

22 minutes ago, mrthuvi said:

Except this is a guy who has previously accepted "donation" for private denuvo bypass on his forum. Which is paying money for pirated games. It's kind of easy to prove financial damage in this case. Not just games but all softwares in general if you use someone's commercial code and use it in something sold for money, you should be in a lot of trouble.

Yes, because it is seen as not having denuvo to be a better product.

So its not necessarily piracy, as you can also OWN the Game you want it disabled!

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

So its not necessarily piracy, as you can also OWN the Game you want it disabled!

A person downloading a crack for software they already purchased is a legal grey area, but creating and distributing cracks is very much illegal. Taking money in order to provide them is a whole different level of illegal and incredibly stupid.

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

It doesn't always work that way. Good games don't always sell and bad games don't always fail. Also, the mega publishers are all about short-term profit. They want to get a return on their investment immediately, so even a short time where they can prevent piracy is worth a little extra money. Get money right away and then move on to the next expensive project.

Good games always sell, because people think it’s a good game. It’s not an objective thing.

16 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

can't beat em, sue them

in bird culture that's called a PUBG move

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

38 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Breaking protection alone and sharing them is in, my opinion, ethical for most cases. 

Breaking protection and selling them to profit off someone's code is bullshit as fuck.

It should be noted I have ever known only 2 cracking groups allowing donation at all, 3dm and revolt. 3dm's cracks are always public and has never ever provided exclusive bypass through donation like voksi did. 

18 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Good games always sell, because people think it’s a good game. It’s not an objective thing.

While good and bad are subjective, good games do not always sell. There are plenty of great games that don't sell. Not because people don't like them but simply because they didn't get attention due to any number of reasons. Titanfall 2, for example, was an excellent FPS title but EA released it right between the two biggest games of the year and gave it crap marketing so not enough people knew about it or wanted to pick it up at that time over Battlefield or COD. Many of those people probably would have really liked it, but due to terrible decisions by the publisher the game was a failure.

7 minutes ago, Derangel said:

While good and bad are subjective, good games do not always sell. There are plenty of great games that don't sell. Not because people don't like them but simply because they didn't get attention due to any number of reasons. Titanfall 2, for example, was an excellent FPS title but EA released it right between the two biggest games of the year and gave it crap marketing so not enough people knew about it or wanted to pick it up at that time over Battlefield or COD. Many of those people probably would have really liked it, but due to terrible decisions by the publisher the game was a failure.

Titanfall 2 was not a great game. 

16 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

If by protecting their work you mean causing massive CPU usages because their code is shit and everything about them is shit then sure!

If it's that bad then don't buy it,  No one is entitled to break DRM just because we think it's performance is below par.

16 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Questioning him without a lawyer, that's rather ballsy from them, hopefully he can get good representation in court, this isn't over, you don't just kick the hornets nest and not expect an uproar

He may have refused one.

14 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Even the suppressed EU study wasnt able to prove that piracy is causing any damage so set aside those baseless accusations. As for denuvo instead of using a band-aid solution they should get their act together. Their crappy code wont fix itself just because they needlessly ruined someones life...

That study was not suppressed, I wish people would learn to read and not just blindly believe the media.  It simply wasn't released because it wasn't sound enough to be tabled as evidence to support law reform. It was obtained under FOI and was handed over without any complaint.   Suppressed reports usually don't get handed over even under FOI requests.   Also it doesn't prove anything, it is based on surveys in 6 handpicked countries. 

And besides all that, if the study was intended to reach a predetermined conclusion (as many claim) then the data is unreliable regardless what conclusion people draw from it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

If it's that bad then don't buy it,  No one is entitled to break DRM just because we think it's performance is below par.

But you have the right to make a copy of the game for archieving purposes and to conserve the original disc it came with.

55 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

But you have the right to make a copy of the game for archieving purposes and to conserve the original disc it came with.

Regardless, you are not permitted to circumvent DRM.  You can make a copy of any software you own, but you cannot circumvent DRM. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

21 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

can't beat em, sue them

pubg style :D 

Spoiler

PC: Crimson DNA

CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 1920x | GPU: Titan X pascal | RAM: 64 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 2800 Mhz Motherboard: MSI x399 Creation PSU: Corsair TX850M Case: Deepcool Genome ROG certified edition | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Elite + Razer Orbweaver chroma Mouse: Razer Naga

Laptop: Alienware 13 R3

CPUCore i7 7700HQ | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Monitor: 1440p OLED touchscreen

10 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

The problem is, some people don't buy games and get it for free. That's why Denuvo (and other DRM) was created to let the publishers earn enough to cover their expenses during the production of the game (or other stuffs). Can't blame them, like Ubisoft that really made a good move with AC: O. Its their rights to earn money from their creation and they deserve the come back from the previous titles (Unity and Syndicate).

Making quality games is not as easy as everyone thinks. Let's just appreciate the developers, they are doing the hard work.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

21 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yep, fuck them for protecting their product.

Dam right fuck them for protecting their product, when the protection they use is shitty and makes the run game like mud.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

21 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

But that's all besides the point. The company that is selling the DRM still has a right to protect their work, and like it or not, having your DRM cracked and the game handed out is bad for business on multiple fronts.

Sure, but isn't it their explicit and only job to prevent cracks? If they can't do that then clearly their work has no value. If the solution is suing pirates then Denuvo has no place in this equation; EA and company are more than capable of suing the living crap out of someone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*