Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NumLock21

Intel 9th gen unlock cpu specs leaked (updated)

16 minutes ago, PeterBocan said:

5 GHz is a magical number, because of Moore's law. After 5.5 GHz the silicon is just not the best option.

Isnt 5.5 Ghz the magical number then?

Just because 5 is a round number doesnt mean its a round number in every number system. So should 5.5 Ghz be the magical number?

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Intel knows not to go much higher than $400 on their consumer chips

Mark my words, Intel will do whatever the fuck it wants if Zen 2 is a flop. There's a reason it's called the Intel Tax. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

This leak seems to imply they are going to add a new higher tier, with the 9700k 8c8t replacing the 8700k 6c12t, and the i9 9900k 8c16t costing more.

I suppose time will tell. It's hard to predict because this is new model that could shift the product stack entirely for the first time in quite awhile.

hang on again, going by a fuzzier look, it's like they'd just split the i5 stack into two, and bumped down the naming stack above the i5 o_o

so like now the i7 or the i5 are kinda eating into each other in terms of share

(if true)

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Isnt 5.5 Ghz the magical number then?

Just because 5 is a round number doesnt mean its a round number in every number system. So should 5.5 Ghz be the magical number?

Well, people love round numbers, don't they? But it will impossible to hit 6 GHz on Silicon substrate with air cooling. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Mark my words, Intel will do whatever the fuck it wants if Zen 2 is a flop. There's a reason it's called the Intel Tax. 

Well, to be fair they do whatever the shareholders want lol.

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Intel dominated that past few years and still the top end i7 was no more than $330. Yes than can but I think they know they are on thin ice. 

Just now, PeterBocan said:

Well, people love round numbers, don't they? But it will impossible to hit 6 GHz on Silicon substrate with air cooling. 

Are you challanging Noctua's engineering staff?

1 minute ago, PeterBocan said:

Nothing is too much for blowymatron.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

*press release, six months from now*

Noctua releases new dual 200mm tower cooler specifically designed for maximum Overclocking

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

*press release, six months from now*

Noctua releases new dual 200mm tower cooler specifically designed for maximum Overclocking

That would be fantastic...

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Nothing is too much for blowymatron.

I'm not very well versed in cooling but I would assume that increasing the surface area of the heat sink and increasing air flow will increase cooling performance, right?

If that is true, then if you don't care too much on power draw and noise, then find the biggest heat sink and use a leaf blower.

Real Life sucks, yes, the graphics are good but the characters are terrible, the story sucks and I can't find any quests.

51 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Imagine that i7 with a 5ghz OC, it’ll shred ryzen 7 2700x

It should be compared to the upcoming Ryzen 3000 chips, though. And at the same clock speed, the difference between Zen+ and CL is already almost negligible.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X MSI B450M Mortar Max 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3266 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 W10 Pro 1903

10 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I suppose time will tell. It's hard to predict because this is new model that could shift the product stack entirely for the first time in quite awhile.

ya

In my status I posted about this yesterday I said that I don't like how Intel does not have HT on their CPUs. IMO it should be 8c16t, 6c12t, 4c8t for i9, i7, i5; and if they want some with out HT then make then the non K versions

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, Wanpug said:

I'm not very well versed in cooling but I would assume that increasing the surface area of the heat sink and increasing air flow will increase cooling performance, right?

If that is true, then if you don't care too much on power draw and noise, then find the biggest heat sink and use a leaf blower.

I would suggest reading this answer https://superuser.com/a/324976/304327

4 minutes ago, Wanpug said:

The real challenge is to not make it SOUND like a leaf blower. That's where Noctua truly shines

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

ya

In my status I posted about this yesterday I said that I don't like how Intel does not have HT on their CPUs. IMO it should be 8c16t, 6c12t, 4c8t for i9, i7, i5; and if they want some with out HT then make then the non K versions

id rather have 6c/6t than 4c/8t

Hello! Feel free to PM me anything. Here's my stuff below!

PC (Main)

Spoiler

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400 SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TGPSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz Webcam: Logitech C920 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe | Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

NAS:

Spoiler

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10

Seagate 5TB external SMR 2.5" HDD

MS Office 365 - 1TB Onedrive

Phone/Tablet:

Spoiler

iPhone XR 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Spoiler

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 Ti MacBook Air 13" mid-2012

Audio:

Spoiler

Schiit Fulla 2 & Sennheiser HD 598 Cs | Corsair HS70 KZ ZS10 Pro | Audio-Technica LP120USB Audioengine A2+

Stationary (new hobby!)

Spoiler

Pencils: Staedtler 925-05 (.5mm), Pentel Smash Q1005 (.5mm), Uni Kuru Toga Roulette (.5mm), Uni Nano Dia .5mm 2B, Mitsubishi 9850 HB

Pens: Several Uni Signo UM-151s, Several Pilot G2s, Kaweco AL Sport Touch ballpoint

Fountain Pens: Pilot Metropolitan F, Lamy Al-Star M, Lamy CP1 F

Ink: Diamine Jet Black, Diamine Oxford Blue

Wishlist (feel free to PM me recommendations): Pentel Orenz .2/.3mm, Pentel Graph for Pro 1000 (.5mm), Rotring 600 (.5mm), Pilot Vanishing Point/Lamy 2000, Pilot Iroshizuki Kon-peki, Noodler's Tiananmen.

It feels a lot like the 8 core part is the only soldered one, but they would have had to do that. These are going to be Base Clock Bombers, though.  Even on 14nm++, these are still Skylake cores. That's going to be a lot of power.

1 minute ago, PeterBocan said:

I would suggest reading this answer https://superuser.com/a/324976/304327

That makes sense, guess my hypothesis is flawed. 

Real Life sucks, yes, the graphics are good but the characters are terrible, the story sucks and I can't find any quests.

50 minutes ago, AlfaProto said:

What's the point of consumers getting more than 6 cores? Video editing? Streaming?

We have NVENC and QuickSync, and the quality difference between CPU vs GPU accelerated en/decode is not that noticeable, and truthfully, no one is going to scrutinise frame-by-frame the quality.

low bitrate is not the best for that kind of stuff. there is a quality trade off

15 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

ya

I would imagine that it would be hard to do that product stack as they are trying to salvage defective cpus. Having exactly 6 working core with all the components for hyperthreading intact isn't exactly common with defective cpus. I mean salvaging a 4c8t part from an 8 core part seems very rare compared to a 6c part. 

44 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

low bitrate is not the best for that kind of stuff. there is a quality trade off

HardwareCanucks proved that QuickSync has no quality drop in video encoding on Premiere. This was true for older HD graphics (Sandy/Ivy Bridge), which you have a slightly poor quality (that blocky effect).

Even if Skylake and above is using the same graphics core as the S/IB, though, just an increased compute units, there's no quality drop at all.

Even so, doesn't make sense, since streaming, you can expect a lot of blocky parts, especially those fast pace games like CSGO.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

Imagine that i7 with a 5ghz OC, it’ll shred ryzen 7 2700x

i wonder about the power draw , 8c/16t , base clock at 3.6ghz (for a reason) and rated for 95w? the Skylake X line said something different about that 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 1600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 24gb KVR DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 3 2200G | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 12gb DDR4 2993 | Vega 8 | MS-Tech CI-58 | Pico PSU 150

PSU Tier list