Intel 9th gen unlock cpu specs leaked (updated)

NumLock21
Just now, TVwazhere said:

Mark my words, Intel will do whatever the fuck it wants if Zen 2 is a flop. There's a reason it's called the Intel Tax. 

Intel dominated that past few years and still the top end i7 was no more than $330. Yes than can but I think they know they are on thin ice. 

Just now, PeterBocan said:

Well, people love round numbers, don't they? But it will impossible to hit 6 GHz on Silicon substrate with air cooling. 

Are you challanging Noctua's engineering staff?

1 minute ago, PeterBocan said:

Well, people love round numbers, don't they? But it will impossible to hit 6 GHz on Silicon substrate with air cooling. 

Nothing is too much for blowymatron.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

*press release, six months from now*

Noctua releases new dual 200mm tower cooler specifically designed for maximum Overclocking

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

*press release, six months from now*

Noctua releases new dual 200mm tower cooler specifically designed for maximum Overclocking

That would be fantastic...

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Nothing is too much for blowymatron.

I'm not very well versed in cooling but I would assume that increasing the surface area of the heat sink and increasing air flow will increase cooling performance, right?

If that is true, then if you don't care too much on power draw and noise, then find the biggest heat sink and use a leaf blower.

Real Life sucks, yes, the graphics are good but the characters are terrible, the story sucks and I can't find any quests.

51 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Imagine that i7 with a 5ghz OC, it’ll shred ryzen 7 2700x

It should be compared to the upcoming Ryzen 3000 chips, though. And at the same clock speed, the difference between Zen+ and CL is already almost negligible.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

10 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I suppose time will tell. It's hard to predict because this is new model that could shift the product stack entirely for the first time in quite awhile.

ya

In my status I posted about this yesterday I said that I don't like how Intel does not have HT on their CPUs. IMO it should be 8c16t, 6c12t, 4c8t for i9, i7, i5; and if they want some with out HT then make then the non K versions

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, Wanpug said:

I'm not very well versed in cooling but I would assume that increasing the surface area of the heat sink and increasing air flow will increase cooling performance, right?

If that is true, then if you don't care too much on power draw and noise, then find the biggest heat sink and use a leaf blower.

I would suggest reading this answer https://superuser.com/a/324976/304327

4 minutes ago, Wanpug said:

The real challenge is to not make it SOUND like a leaf blower. That's where Noctua truly shines

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

ya

In my status I posted about this yesterday I said that I don't like how Intel does not have HT on their CPUs. IMO it should be 8c16t, 6c12t, 4c8t for i9, i7, i5; and if they want some with out HT then make then the non K versions

id rather have 6c/6t than 4c/8t

It feels a lot like the 8 core part is the only soldered one, but they would have had to do that. These are going to be Base Clock Bombers, though.  Even on 14nm++, these are still Skylake cores. That's going to be a lot of power.

1 minute ago, PeterBocan said:

I would suggest reading this answer https://superuser.com/a/324976/304327

That makes sense, guess my hypothesis is flawed. 

Real Life sucks, yes, the graphics are good but the characters are terrible, the story sucks and I can't find any quests.

50 minutes ago, AlfaProto said:

What's the point of consumers getting more than 6 cores? Video editing? Streaming?

We have NVENC and QuickSync, and the quality difference between CPU vs GPU accelerated en/decode is not that noticeable, and truthfully, no one is going to scrutinise frame-by-frame the quality.

low bitrate is not the best for that kind of stuff. there is a quality trade off

15 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

ya

I would imagine that it would be hard to do that product stack as they are trying to salvage defective cpus. Having exactly 6 working core with all the components for hyperthreading intact isn't exactly common with defective cpus. I mean salvaging a 4c8t part from an 8 core part seems very rare compared to a 6c part. 

44 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

low bitrate is not the best for that kind of stuff. there is a quality trade off

HardwareCanucks proved that QuickSync has no quality drop in video encoding on Premiere. This was true for older HD graphics (Sandy/Ivy Bridge), which you have a slightly poor quality (that blocky effect).

Even if Skylake and above is using the same graphics core as the S/IB, though, just an increased compute units, there's no quality drop at all.

Even so, doesn't make sense, since streaming, you can expect a lot of blocky parts, especially those fast pace games like CSGO.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

Imagine that i7 with a 5ghz OC, it’ll shred ryzen 7 2700x

i wonder about the power draw , 8c/16t , base clock at 3.6ghz (for a reason) and rated for 95w? the Skylake X line said something different about that 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, AlfaProto said:

HardwareCanucks proved that QuickSync has no quality drop in video encoding on Premiere. This was true for older HD graphics (Sandy/Ivy Bridge), which you have a slightly poor quality (that blocky effect).

Even if Skylake and above is using the same graphics core as the S/IB, though, just an increased compute units, there's no quality drop at all.

Even so, doesn't make sense, since streaming, you can expect a lot of blocky parts, especially those fast pace games like CSGO.

In premiere where there is no bitrate limit

23 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would imagine that it would be hard to do that product stack as they are trying to salvage defective cpus. Having exactly 6 working core with all the components for hyperthreading intact isn't exactly common with defective cpus. I mean salvaging a 4c8t part from an 8 core part seems very rare compared to a 6c part. 

That makes no sense, if its very rare for a 4c8t part out of a 8c16t die then the 6c is even rare, and 8c would be a unicorn part. no way Intels yields are that shit.

they should have A lot of dies that can do 6c12t and 4c8t parts, also they can sell non HT parts just not as a K sku IMO.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

In premiere where there is no bitrate limit

And only for encoding x264 video. The QuickSync acceleration actually just show how bad the Adobe Encoder is. (The Nvidia media engine should be able to perform the task even faster. Funny, that.)

2 hours ago, sazrocks said:

I dont see how they could all have a 95w TDP. Seriously, 8 cores at 5 GHz? Unlikely.

1 hour ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I don't think that 95W TDP holds up at 5GHz

It's 95W at 3.6 GHz. Just as advertised.

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

i7 lost hyperthreading ._. as the popular speak goes: "Big if True"

if we're still on the "Games aren't as multithreaded as people would like to" then what's the point of buying an i7 over the i5 now? (considering the 1 and 2 core turbos could do a bit of overclocking to keep up)

then on the i9 part, I don't know if disabling hyperthreading for the extra clockspeeds on lousy chips are worth the trade-off with a 6C12t configuration. unless they did that to not cannibalise the i9 part (probably ask Canon to compare notes)

For those that say why buy an i7 instead of a i5 since games aren't multithreaded is just stupid. Buying a CPU is not only for games, it's for having as much performance as possible, for as long as you can, so that your next upgrade will be a giant leap, and not a small step. My old CPU was a socket 775 Xeon X3350 and I didn't upgrade until what I have currently, an X99. That's from an quad core with no HT and DDR2 in dual channel to a 6 core with HT and DDR4 in quad channel. Never listen to them gaming crowd, go with what you want. 

For the i7 without HT, it won't be a trade off to the 6c/12T Core i7, even if the new one has higher clock speed. Clock speed can only take it so far, but it will eventually reach its limit. This is where cores and HT comes in, and no matter what, it will always win. If the 9700K turns out to be true, Intel should have left it at 6c/12t instead of changing it to 8c/8t. An Core 7 9700K 8c/8t will be like a 7700K at 4c/8t.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It's 95W at 3.6 GHz. Just as advertised.

Follows the "TDP at base clock" exactly in that regard

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

The only reason they are contemplating this is because of TLBleed. They have no silicon fix yet on the table, and do not plan to fix it, so the cheapest path forward is to turn it off instead of fix it.