@LMG: LTX in other countries?

JoostinOnline
Go to solution Solved by nicklmg,
17 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

I know you can't commit anything for sure, but has the possibility of LTX in another country been discussed, or will it always be in Vancouver? I wanted to go so bad, but the cheapest flight would still cost me over $1000US.

The biggest challenge right now is safe & secure transport of everything (we've never done something of this scale on the road, so it would be a pretty massive challenge for us to ensure that everything is as it should be when we arrive at the destination) and taxation. Different regions have weird laws about foreign businesses operating events within their borders, so that may be a significant consideration for us in feasibility of different locations.

I doubt it's something that you'll see next year, maybe not even the following, but I'd like to think that it will be possible someday. No promises though :( 

I know you can't commit anything for sure, but has the possibility of LTX in another country been discussed, or will it always be in Vancouver? I wanted to go so bad, but the cheapest flight would still cost me over $1000US.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

The event isn't exactly profitable in their own city area... having additional ones in other countries would probably be wildly more expensive (especially in USA, due to CAD to USD exchange rate). I personally don't see it happening any time soon.

1 hour ago, Mysticode said:

The event isn't exactly profitable in their own city area... having additional ones in other countries would probably be wildly more expensive (especially in USA, due to CAD to USD exchange rate). I personally don't see it happening any time soon.

I don't understand why the exchange rate would have any effect. o.O

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

LMG being a Canadian company, would have to pay for everything in the other country's exchange rate. LTX is already an expensive venture in Canadian dollars, suddenly having to pay upward of 30% more (due to exchange rate) would most likely prevent an event from happening.

This is why production companies are loving making TV shows and movies in Canada, they are saving 30%~ in their costs! 

1 minute ago, Mysticode said:

LMG being a Canadian company, would have to pay for everything in the other country's exchange rate. LTX is already an expensive venture in Canadian dollars, suddenly having to pay upward of 30% more (due to exchange rate) would most likely prevent an event from happening.

This is why production companies are loving making TV shows and movies in Canada, they are saving 30%~ in their costs! 

Totally lost.  50CAD is worth exactly the same amount in the US as it is in Canada.

17 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

The biggest challenge right now is safe & secure transport of everything (we've never done something of this scale on the road, so it would be a pretty massive challenge for us to ensure that everything is as it should be when we arrive at the destination) and taxation. Different regions have weird laws about foreign businesses operating events within their borders, so that may be a significant consideration for us in feasibility of different locations.

I doubt it's something that you'll see next year, maybe not even the following, but I'd like to think that it will be possible someday. No promises though :( 

Just now, nicklmg said:

"Maybe, someday" is good enough for me. :)

16 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Just a thought: What about doing a show in Toronto/the other side of Canada? That'd be a nice step between the LTX Classic and "LTX Vegas" (or wherever). Hopefully not as much tax nonsense and being at least in your home country, it saves you the issues with customs and some shipping. That's close enough I think that a good chunk of your east-coast fans would make the trip (I would, Philly -> Toronto, not too bad a trip).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 4:39 PM, JoostinOnline said:

Totally lost.  50CAD is worth exactly the same amount in the US as it is in Canada.

what?

Exchange rate.PNG

The geek himself.

47 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

what?

Exchange rate.PNG

I think you're trying to equate them because they're both called "dollars". Nobody said that 1USD=1CAD.