Phanteks Eclipse P400 Front Panel Connector?

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

the case has these leads that connect to the motherboard.

5b55295becb56_f_panelASUS.png.02339d03b322138fd29a0b3d1579c8d2.png

On 7/14/2016 at 12:37 PM, IndigoBlue said:

Thanks, it fit perfectly. However, the second part of your answer worried me. Along with that connector, my case only came with the separate reset button connector, fan, audio and USB 3 connector. Was the case also supposed to have the small, separate, single/dual pin connectors for front panel IO, like these? proftech.jpg

I know this is a super old post, but I’m having trouble understand where these connectors connect. To the case or the motherboard? If it’s the motherboard I can’t find where they would go. 

This is is the motherboard I have https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450-PLUS/

This is the case I have. http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P400-TemperedGlass.html

Thanks for any help. 

31 minutes ago, airdeano said:

Thank you for the quick response. Since I don’t see it labeled and I think I’ve found it. Would it be #8 on this diagram? Would the plug in be as directed by your diagram? Thank so much. 

F1247CD4-9EF4-4B96-A7BB-786BCB5CC1FC.png

9 minutes ago, Kalgiburi said:

Thank you for the quick response. Since I don’t see it labeled and I think I’ve found it. Would it be #8 on this diagram? Would the plug in be as directed by your diagram? Thank so much

Yes, it's number 8. It should be labeled on the motherboard as well. 

:)

9 hours ago, seon123 said:

Thank you so much. Going to look at it when I get home. I really appreciate the help. 

9 hours ago, seon123 said:

Hey sorry one more question. The stock led strip that comes with the phantax. I found the case connector does the under end of the strip plug into psu or motherboard? 

10 hours ago, Kalgiburi said:

Hey sorry one more question. The stock led strip that comes with the phantax. I found the case connector does the under end of the strip plug into psu or motherboard? 

It would go into your motherboard. BUT

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Adapter-Specified-Control-PH-CB_RGB4P/dp/B01BZIBJAK

You need this adapter that I believe is not included with the case. Phanteks reversed some of the pins from the "standard RGB pin" arrangement, so this adapter puts them in the correct order. I dont believe any damage would take place if you decided to plug it in as is, it just wouldn't show the correct colors you want. This adapter will allow you to choose the exact color you want and have it properly display.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

13 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It would go into your motherboard. BUT

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Adapter-Specified-Control-PH-CB_RGB4P/dp/B01BZIBJAK

You need this adapter that I believe is not included with the case. Phanteks reversed some of the pins from the "standard RGB pin" arrangement, so this adapter puts them in the correct order. I dont believe any damage would take place if you decided to plug it in as is, it just wouldn't show the correct colors you want. This adapter will allow you to choose the exact color you want and have it properly display.

Thanks for the response. The led strip has these two connectors circled in the pictures. I found the plug in on the Mobo, but seems like it doesn’t stay in securely. I’ll see if they have it at micro center unless you think based on the info I won’t need it. 

95BF7C4B-CB7F-47B9-A9D2-F456DC2C8D19.jpeg

10 hours ago, Kalgiburi said:

Thanks for the response. The led strip has these two connectors circled in the pictures. I found the plug in on the Mobo, but seems like it doesn’t stay in securely. I’ll see if they have it at micro center unless you think based on the info I won’t need it. 

Thats because theyre the wrong connectors. 

You need to connect this female header to your motherboard which is only on this adapter. Notice how some of the wires are crossed. 

image.png.9f5092460f4c15dcf4dc203197ae91a5.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Ahh makes sense. I appreciate the help and advice.