LOOKING FOR Budget 144hz Monitor | TN | Good Color Calibration

JakeMat

Have been playing mostly CS:GO and PUBG for a long time now, and recently bought an Acer GN246HL 144hz monitor. While the smoothness is a big difference, when opening a more detail - oriented game like PUBG the color difference was a bad surprise; 

IMG_20180722_213500.thumb.jpg.62f8d2657886b6085325b01f96e71cb2.jpg

- Colors look darker / shadier (upping brightness barely changes anything, like shining a bright light on the monitor itself!)

- Everything is less sharp / blurrier, details harder to make out.

- Generally a much greater disparity between colours in this monitor and colours in high quality PUBG youtube videos, for example, and also worse than my old 60hz TN cheap monitor!

Have experimented with:

- Nvidia lightboost (creates strobing effect to remove motion blur) / made colors look even worse

- Messing with color settings both in monitor buttons and Nvidia control panel / some improvement but still unsatisfactory

- Downloading color calibration profiles / see above

Unless someone can suggest a fix / improvement to this problem, and I will be researching, I think I will refund it and buy another one with better colors.

Can anyone suggest a 144hz TN (others too expensive) 1ms response time monitor with good or even reasonably good color accuracy, as this is questionable at best and ugly and eye-fatigue-inducing at worst. 

Thanks in advance,

Jacob