amd fx-8350 vs jaguar 8 core next gen cpu in PS4... will they be about the same?

The 8 core in the PS4 is an APU i believe, therefore the 8350, in terms of CPU power, will be much more powerful.

The FX 8350 is much more powerful. I've heard that Jaguar cores are supposed to compete with other mobile CPUs such as the Atom for use in small notebooks and tablets. This doesn't seem very impressive to me at all.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

and don't forget that the PS4 APU is clocked at about 2 ghz. you can push an 8350 to 5.

I want to see someone (now that we're on a x86 bit architecture) hack and overclock the PS4 APU.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

and don't forget that the PS4 APU is clocked at about 2 ghz. you can push an 8350 to 5.

I want to see someone (now that we're on a x86 bit architecture) hack and overclock the PS4 APU.

yeah right,with that worse than stock heatsink (I suspect they'll use some uber compact one),I'll be suprised if theres no issue with overheating on the PS4 rev1 and xbox rev1
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

true, but remember an underclocked CPU puts out less heat. I wonder if we could find someone here with a 8320/50 and see fi they'd underclock it and check their temps with the stock cooler?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB