Dell Inspiron temps under normal load

joser1813
Go to solution Solved by skimmilk5,

Let us know when you hit 90 degrees regularly while browsing the internet in two tabs. Then we'll tell you to do something about it.

If you're really not happy with it, you could do a thermal goop replacement with a higher quality (than the Dell stuff) thermal goop, like IC Diamond, Arctic MX, Arctic Silver 4, Noctua NH-T1, and if you feel particularly bold (although I can't recommend it), Thermal Grizzly or liquid metal. Please keep in mind that the latter two are conductive compounds, and will kill your device if applied improperly. If you're not comfortable even opening the darn thing, definitely don't use a conductive goop. Stick with one of the first four.

Hello, I recently got the Dell Inspiron 5577 wich cames with an i5 7300 HQ @2.5 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and a GTX 1050. 

I used HW monitor to see the temps while running 4 tabs in edge. It says that the procesor temps are going around 60-70 celcius (147 Farenheit). Is that normal? It seems a little high to me. 

3 minutes ago, joser1813 said:

Hello, I recently got the Dell Inspiron 5577 wich cames with an i5 7300 HQ @2.5 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and a GTX 1050. 

I used HW monitor to see the temps while running 4 tabs in edge. It says that the procesor temps are going around 60-70 celcius (147 Farenheit). Is that normal? It seems a little high to me. 

nah mine gets hot just let the fan kick in

Let us know when you hit 90 degrees regularly while browsing the internet in two tabs. Then we'll tell you to do something about it.

If you're really not happy with it, you could do a thermal goop replacement with a higher quality (than the Dell stuff) thermal goop, like IC Diamond, Arctic MX, Arctic Silver 4, Noctua NH-T1, and if you feel particularly bold (although I can't recommend it), Thermal Grizzly or liquid metal. Please keep in mind that the latter two are conductive compounds, and will kill your device if applied improperly. If you're not comfortable even opening the darn thing, definitely don't use a conductive goop. Stick with one of the first four.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Its hot for basic load, but not too surprising for prebuild. With stock Intel cooler and case with mediocre airflow.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/22/2018 at 1:03 AM, joser1813 said:

I have the Inspiron 5577 but with the i7-7700hq...i regularly run right at 60C so its definitely a problem with the Laptop. Now saying it's a problem really isn't true as thats decent temps for a laptop like this. However under load i do start hitting about 86-87C which i definitely don't like. in about 2-3 days i'm changing the thermal paste for CPU and if i can get to it the GPU. I'll let you know how it goes and what temps i start to hit