Worried about heat from GPU on Wifi Card

Unit-87XB

Im currently on the process of making a new system, due to my room having no direct acess to the router and not owning the house Im living in, I am unable to drill a hole in the wall, forcing me to get a wifi card, now what worries me is that the motherboard  I am buying has no pci express above the gpu slot, making the wifi card stay directly underneat the gpu with the fans blowing on it, the card rates its operating temperature at 40ºC (104ºF) and the GPU pumps out almost twice of that, should i consider getting a different mobo so that it sits above the GPU, or should the case fans (4) be enough to regulate the temperature?

Here are the system Specs:

MSI Z370-A Pro

Intel i5 8600k

Cooler master hyper 212 EVO

4 Nox H-FAN Hummer PWM 120mm

Gigabyte 1070 ti 8GB GDDR5

TP-LINK TL-WN881ND 300Mbs 11n Wireless PCI Express

650W psu

7 minutes ago, Unit-87XB said:

Im currently on the process of making a new system, due to my room having no direct acess to the router and not owning the house Im living in, I am unable to drill a hole in the wall, forcing me to get a wifi card, now what worries me is that the motherboard  I am buying has no pci express above the gpu slot, making the wifi card stay directly underneat the gpu with the fans blowing on it, the card rates its operating temperature at 40ºC (104ºF) and the GPU pumps out almost twice of that, should i consider getting a different mobo so that it sits above the GPU, or should the case fans (4) be enough to regulate the temperature?

Here are the system Specs:

MSI Z370-A Pro

Intel i5 8600k

Cooler master hyper 212 EVO

4 Nox H-FAN Hummer PWM 120mm

Gigabyte 1070 ti 8GB GDDR5

TP-LINK TL-WN881ND 300Mbs 11n Wireless PCI Express

650W psu

It should be fine. A lot of people put WiFi cards, PCI-E devices under GPU’s. So it should be fine. However if you’re worried you could always get a mobo with a built in WiFi adapter. 

I have the same wifi card sitting underneath a Radeon HD 7970 in one of my rigs, also have the same in another rig above a GTX 580 and they both operate just fine ;)

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

First, all GPU fans are intaking kind, not exhausts. Second, you have much room in that mobo. You can have GPU at top slot and WiFi at bottom. Or have card in 2nd full-size slot and Wifi above that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv