Youtube Fullscreen does not work...when logged in???!!

Hi

My problem is as simple as it is stupid: When I am logged into my Youtube account and watch videos, I cannot make them full screen. Neither the button in the player, double clicking or pressing "f" works; nothing happens. This used to persist until I restarted Firefox, but now it seems permanent. Even reinstalling FF and restarting my PC did not work. When I log out of Youtube, use my other account, or use Edge, this does not occur. I don't want to sacrifice my RAM to Chrome again, so I hope someone knows how to fix this.

Help would be appreciated.

?????

Do you remember the
21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

That was the first thing I tried. This would not have made any sense because then my other account should have this issue too.

Ok, what happens when you press the fullscreen button? Is it there? Try pressing 'F' to go to fullscreen. (thats not a joke)

" Neither the button in the player, double clicking or pressing "f" works"

I have the same problem. Yesterday it worked perfectly.

7 minutes ago, Gorlod said:

I have the same problem. Yesterday it worked perfectly.

Thank you, so it seems to be an issue on Youtube's end. That's somewhat reassuring.

I have found a "fix" while rageingly searching for solutions: If you double rightclick the player, a context menu from Firefox opens, which lets you select fullscreen. You don't get the Youtube player interface, but can click to play/pause and Esc to exit fullscreen. This way it's bearable until this gets fixed.

16 minutes ago, LetsGolem said:

Thank you, so it seems to be an issue on Youtube's end. That's somewhat reassuring.

I have found a "fix" while rageingly searching for solutions: If you double rightclick the player, a context menu from Firefox opens, which lets you select fullscreen. You don't get the Youtube player interface, but can click to play/pause and Esc to exit fullscreen. This way it's bearable until this gets fixed.

Thanks for the "fix". I was right-clicking the videos and opening them in a private window.

I hope youtube fixes this soon.

Oh man, im having the same issue. Iv been looking around like crazy for a solution. I checked my settings, tried re-downloading my firefox, and nothing. I was so confused why fullscreen just stopped when im logged in, and why it worked when i logged off. Because i was fairly certain I changed absolutely nothing in regards to my settings. I thought i somehow screwed up my youtube account internally (somehow).

Im glad its not just me lol. This thread has just saved my peace of mind, and gave me some relief. Im still upset it isnt working, but glad its on their end. I hope they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. It would be great if youtube would just send an alert so we know they are aware, and we dont worry like this. :o

I haven't had that issue, but YouTube's been updated very recently, and if I were to be honest, they suck at updating the site because rather than a broken fullscreen mode, the pages just break after a while. It's likely just YouTube being broken as usual.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Well... Fullscreen works fine for me now. Seems they fixed it.

• 1 month later...

Having this problem in Chrome, but in Edge appears to work (kinda).

I have 2 different accounts on youtube, one I can go fullscreen, the other I can't.

From what I could figure seems that those having problems have a new feature active where you can move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen while in fullscreen to get a few options. 

In Edge I have this options in the account that won't let me go fullscreen, but no such options in the other account. It kinda works in Edge but the scroll bar is still visible while in fullscreen.

I have been having the issue for the past day in chrome, only when logged in. When going fullscreen the screen goes white (or dark grey if using the dark theme). I do see the new fullscreen UI at the top and left of the screen, hopefully they sort it out soon.