Google changes the layout of images again

Recently google changes layout of its images page.  could this be a continuation of copyright protection?

Recently googles image layout has changed to have the preview on the right side of the page (top image) rather than split the page horizontally (bottom image) when showing the preview.  However right clicking on the preview window still allows you to open image in a new tab for a larger version of the image.

Rubberpuppy news reporting

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG

2 hours ago, rubberpuppy said:

Recently google changes layout of its images page.  could this be a continuation of copyright protection?

Recently googles image layout has changed to have the preview on the right side of the page rather than split the page horizontally when showing the preview.  However right clicking on the preview window still allows you to open image in a new tab for a larger version of the image.

Rubberpuppy news reporting

<snip>

<snip>

wasnt it always like this?

Edited by SansVarnic

2 minutes ago, 5Beans6 said:

ugh i hate sites that are layed out like this!

Imgur just a week or two ago changed their picture layout on desktop to this, literally (figure of speech, I actually mean 'basicslly')  unusable right now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I like the horizontal split better, sometimes I like to split my monitor desktop in two panels side-by-side so a side-view of an image would need me to scroll sideways to even see it... Besides, horizontal split shows more of the image.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Google, it wasn't broken so don't try fix it!

First of all, I'm not getting that layout... Maybe it's a slow rollout or something but I hate that crap on web-based stuff since it complicates coding.

image.thumb.png.455f8cadc68178c30926e9bca812079a.png

Also, you're using two different browsers. Google does tend to display things differently in different browsers.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

That new design looks awful.

I hope they'll either abandon it or provide an option to not use it. It's less orderly and is visually stressful. The preview panel doesn't offer space for immediate full-sized preview and anything that requires more clicks to get the full size preview is bad design.

And if the preview panel is open by default then it will make browsing images less efficient due to showing fewer images on the screen.

Browsing images will already be less efficient with that design due to the disorderly layout and because some images are larger than the previous design's max size, which means that there will be overall fewer images on the screen at a time.

Also, the image titles are not necessary and make things look messy.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

This is a stupid change. Hope they won't stick with it.

I have the new design, but it doesn't quite look like what is in your image.

For me when I click a image I get it as a overlay over the site, not as a banner on the right. It's also largo than what's in your image.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I'm still using the previous style... I like the rounded suggestions tho they could be bigger, but beyond that I hate it...

image.thumb.png.954cd8f00e8451bd46615ae798edb495.png

Also apparently Bill Gates has Dank Tips...

-= Moved To General Discussion =-

@rubberpuppy your topic does not meet the guidelines for a news post please review the following link;

When your post is updated it will be moved back to the News Section.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

Imgur just a week or two ago changed their picture layout on desktop to this, literally (figure of speech, I actually mean 'basicslly')  unusable right now.

You can change it to Imgur's old uniform layout via the icon at the top right.

3 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

I suggest using Bing. ;)

eyyyy my dude knows whats up for "research"

1 minute ago, LordOTaco said:

eyyyy my dude knows whats up for "research"

Right, research.

I like their slogan too, "Welcome to the Bing Bang theory"

The only time I use Google is for reverse image searches. There dosen't seem to be any real alternative that I have found. I hate using Google images because it's just a mess compared to something like Bing.

Wow that's terrible.  Moving the preview is one thing (perhaps even something I could get behind) but making the images tile randomly like a collage rather than a grid is a terrible move.  Between this and their previous change, they're really trying hard to kill themselves, aren't they? lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

• 4 months later...

when you open click on the image now it doesn't come up in the middle like the old one but instead of that

image just peeks from the right.