i want to work with linustechtips

bassam

But LinusTechTips doesn't want to work with you.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

10 minutes ago, bassam said:

im a graduate from pakistan its my dream to work with u guys as im married with technologies and i really love them

Most people who comes to this forum also love, breath and dream about tech...and we don't work there.

Also, your problem is that you are completely at the other side of the world, and you probably speak a very approximate broken form of english that most people can't really understand. o.O

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this ain't happening any time soon. :/

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Without a work permit for Canada they can't even legally hire you if they wanted to.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Get a degree in videography, voice acting, video editing, acting or Information Technology or business & you should have a better chance when the “we need people” video rolls out whenever it does. 

In the scheme of things while I am sure working for Linus would be fun, I just don't see it as being very lucrative. On top of that you are working behind the scenes and not part of the limelight. Next I am sure Linus uses a fairly small team of friends/family.

If you are "married" with tech then I would look at something more up that path. Do something with actual computer maintenance or one of the many other IT fields. If you feel you want something more like Linus, then get your own youtube channel up and going... try to get a follower base and make a name for yourself. if you contact the big manufacturers a good portion of them will let you in their review and demo groups. Now they will want to see you have potential to be worth the hardware they will send, but if you are passionate about it that is a possible path to success.

The next problem is you have no post count here, you aren't active. You are just a random person asking to work for linus. If you want to even have a chance at getting that possibility you need to be active, helpful, and knowledgeable.

23 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Also, your problem is that you are completely at the other side of the world, and you probably speak a very approximate broken form of english that most people can't really understand. o.O

Dennis.

36 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Dennis.

There might be a different Dennis on screen and off screen.

34 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Dennis.

And you can sort of see that he is regretting that decision:

/jk

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

So here is how you get a chance to work for them:

1) move to Canada

2) wait for them to put out a job offering

3) send them your resume

4) if you're contacted for an interview, do your best to convince them they need you.

Posting on the forum about this is pointless.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

1) move to Canada

that's the hardest part...you need a very good reason to be accepted here...you don't just ''move in'' just because you feel like it...that's not how it works :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that's the hardest part...you need a very good reason to be accepted here...you don't just ''move in'' just because you feel like it...that's not how it works :P

He can build a time machine, convince his parents to move to Canada and then be born there.. but that's just a hypothetical situation

5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Which is why that's the first step ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 19/07/2018 at 1:36 PM, NelizMastr said:

Without a work permit for Canada they can't even legally hire you if they wanted to.

They say this in every video when they announced they are hiring.

I'd love to have a taster of "One week at LMG" but lief ain't all that easy.

By the way if this is supposed to be your resume, I'd instantly blacklist you.

You even got the name wrong, LTT is the channel but they are actually going by LMG 'LinusMediaGroup' ;)

To be honest I'm not sure what you expect to do at LMG either, you know they don't just play with PC hardware all day?

I'm pretty sure you'll also get some other things to pass the time, someone at LMG please fill in because I don't have said insider information.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

2 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

I'm pretty sure you'll also get some other things to pass the time, someone at LMG please fill in because I don't have said insider information.

And I doubt anyone will provide insider information. That's why it's called that ^_^

It's also rather doubtful LMG would hire someone without a proper resume and experience in the field.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

And I doubt anyone will provide insider information. That's why it's called that ^_^

It's also rather doubtful LMG would hire someone without a proper resume and experience in the field.

Well depends on what we ask I'd assume, if we just ask what they do when they don't have a project to work on I don't think that is a big secret :P

But is there ever a time that there is no project hehe..

Well with the last point I totally agree with, resume ain't all but it proves you are at least interested in putting some time into trying to get in.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

I'd guess there might be more of a worldwide chance to work on floatplane, as they expand they're more likely to bring on more people. But you're going to have to be a good coder with a particular skillset for that to be a consideration at all. Then again, that's not on the tech side...

Probably the best option is to grow your own channel, collaborate with other like minded people in your area if needed e.g. like the relationship between Paul's Hardware and Bitwit Kyle - they run their own channels but also get together for content.

If you start your own, you get to decide where you want to go, potentially. It will be a lot of work with little reward until you get big time. If you work for someone else, you are doing what they want you to do. Also there are rather a lot of tech channels now... I too had delusions of being the next Linus, but decided I had to give the time to my existing day job. I couldn't do both at once. Think about, what can you do that might not be done by others, so you can be different and stand out? Even in tech my interest areas are particularly niche so it would be unlikely to gain a mainstream following, but you need to do what you find interesting.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 19/07/2018 at 12:15 PM, bassam said:

im a graduate from pakistan its my dream to work with u guys as im married with technologies and i really love them

This is the purest thing i've seen on the internet, GOOD LUCK GO FOR IT

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Linus only hires people who have a YouTube degree. To be a host in the show, you need a PhD in YouTube. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Ever thought about making your own tech channel? I'm sure the people in Pakistan could appreciate a native language version!