Make text editing line up with the actual post

suchamoneypit

p6iMbb1.gif

I often write a post, and re-read it 4-5 times to make sure im clear and didn't make any mistakes. I will see a word, make a mental note of is position in the paragraph, and click edit to go change it. Currently though the way text shows up when you hit edit, it moves, in the above GIF it shows how I now have to re-find the word. When writing out very long posts, where I'm typing like 1-2 pages worth of text, and making a proportionately larger amount of proofreads and edits, this can get pretty annoying.

Its a minor thing, but I feel like it should be relatively easy thing to fix and just might be a sizing thing? 

Edited by colonel_mortis
Banished the weird strikethrough

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Also when I hit submit it added those crossed out lines on my text and when I hit edit it does not let me remove them so thats kinda weird...

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

I've noticed this in the past as well and never thought much of it but if there is a way it could be remedied, that would certainly be nice.  Something tells me it would be more difficult than any of us expect though...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I understand that for proofreading purposes more static text would be better. But on this forum everything scales according to your tesolution, DPI and zoom. For you it just looks like editing box and text area are bit different widths. But for me on mobile or desktop each paragraph would be 8-10 rows instead of 4.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It would be nice, but there's no practical way to achieve it unfortunately, because the editor has to sit inside the post, and has its own margins.

13 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Also when I hit submit it added those crossed out lines on my text and when I hit edit it does not let me remove them so thats kinda weird...

I'm not sure how you managed that (possibly a browser shortcut or something, idk), but I've removed it for you.

HTTP/2 203