Nexsan - Transporter

Hello everyone,

A few years back a entity named Connected Data created a cool device called the "Transporter"

I have a few of these devices and there is some data on one of them that did not get shared to sync with any of the others.

You guessed it, that device failed, and due to the setup/registration procedure, you can't just plug in a drive from one to another.

Has anyone had any experience with data retrieval from these failed devices (drives)?  Any help would be much appreciated.

for those that are unfamiliar, a link to them https://helper.nexsansupport.com/tfc_support

As you see from the link, they are out of support, I am speaking with someone there, but there is only 1 person at the company that knows anything about them, and since they are no longer supported, I am surprised / grateful that they are even talking with me.

The Transporter model I have is the Sync model that failed.

Thanks,

• 5 months later...

Hi, just saw your comment although six  months late!  I am in same situation. I loved that transporter but it is now failed on me (tho after four years) so did you get any useful feedback from the one person at nexsan still au fait with these devices ?!

More relevant, do you or does anyone know of another product that can perform the same functions - without charging cloud fees?  So I can replace.

• 2 weeks later...

I had no real luck with the NEXSAN people.  I had a few more of the devices, and I was able to use a power adapter from another unit to get pertinent information off the failed unit.  I have now built a rackmout server with FreeNAS and on-top of that I have nextcloud running that we are very happy with.  Sorry I do not have any better information.

For a simple NAS solution like how the transporter worked, there are quite a few wireless Routers that have USB on them to act as a file share or print server.

good luck