Do you have a 'comfort zone' game?

light-v

A game that for whatever reason you keep coming back to despite always saying that you'll quit. Every time something hot comes out it's heralded as the new game you'll call home only to be disappointed and go back to where you came from. 

I used to have two of these games but one (Aion Online) died so now I'm left with Warframe. I do play other games but can't resist coming back to it

Rainbow Six Siege

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

10 minutes ago, light-v said:

A game that for whatever reason you keep coming back to despite always saying that you'll quit. Every time something hot comes out it's heralded as the new game you'll call home only to be disappointed and go back to where you came from. 

I used to have two of these games but one (Aion Online) died so now I'm left with Warframe. I do play other games but can't resist coming back to it

Destiny 1 and pubg  bad but addictive also helps if u have friends that constantly play them too...

I used to, years ago. but not anymore. Wish i did.

Funny you mention Warframe. Im trying to get into Warframe but the F2P nature of the game and the built in restrictions and quirks of being F2P with a cash shop, is putting me off ALOT.

Cant seem to advance without spending plat, cant get plat unless you buy it or manage to sell stuff ingame to players, which from my experience is near impossible with no proper ingame market, just a chat channel full of people tyring to sell sh*t.

Im stuck with no plat , unable to buy more Warfram slots, or weapon slots, unable to get any "potatoes" and just unable to advance in general. Not to mention the wait times for crafting, the repuatation limits each day, the limited availability of certain resources and items and so on.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Civilization 5, rainbow six siege, pubg.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

12 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

I used to, years ago. but not anymore. Wish i did.

Funny you mention Warframe. Im trying to get into Warframe but the F2P nature of the game and the built in restrictions and quirks of being F2P with a cash shop, is putting me off ALOT.

Cant seem to advance without spending plat, cant get plat unless you buy it or manage to sell stuff ingame to players, which from my experience is near impossible with no proper ingame market, just a chat channel full of people tyring to sell sh*t.

Im stuck with no plat , unable to buy more Warfram slots, or weapon slots, unable to get any "potatoes" and just unable to advance in general. Not to mention the wait times for crafting, the repuatation limits each day, the limited availability of certain resources and items and so on.

Yes that's a common frustration for new players, it's a known issue that the game is difficult to get into especially with updates adding a lot of content that older players didn't even have. The game used to be much simpler with much less to do so goals were kinda easy to reach (but it was much easier to get bored of the game too). 

Stretching play time over a certain length of time is a good practice and will reward you in the long run. Platinum is great when you're impatient especially when you progress very quickly 

Minecraft

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Age of Empires 2

Pokemon Gen 1-4 and 6 (5 SUUUUUUCKEDDDDDDD story-wise and the Pokemon felt much too powerful)

Rocket League

Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

54 minutes ago, light-v said:

Yes. It is company of heroes 2. I usually play it in multiplayer on my Linux machine. I have over 1,200 hours spent on it. I am quite awesomely good at it if I do say so myself. It's been 3 years and I still game on it like all the time. I just don't get bored. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Pharaoh & Cleopatra (yep, I'm old lol)

Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom

Stellaris

Frostpunk (maybe. There aren't enough scenarios yet but I truly love the game)

DCS World

it's the one ill always come back to.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Counter Strike. God damn i hate this game but nothing else scratches the itch quite the same

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Digimon World on PS1.

Pokemon SoulSilver

Final Fantasy XII

That's kind of all I can think of, really. Maybe throw in Tales of The Abyss as well.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Starcraft 2

I have multiple

Team Fortress 2, started in 2011 "quit" in 2014 to come back in 2015 and keep playing until this day.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 1 & 2, Zombies never gets old MP is solid PC BO1 even having dedicated servers.

Grand Theft Auto: Online, man this is one behemoth of a game I call it the game that keeps on giving updates are solid and make the grind so worth it. I only play on PS4 because PC is filled with players that just cheated money making your efforts feel like nothing.

Minecraft, yup had to see that one coming. Beginning of 2018 I played for 2-3 months adding up more then 300 hours in vanilla survival. Suddenly I got bored and "quit" it won't take much longer before I crave building another castle and will boot my own realm again to do so .. DANGIT MOJANG THEY ARE SO SIMPLE AND YET SO FUN!!

So .. ehh yea that is my list.

Notice how most of the games on there where games I could play in 2011-2012?

I was 11 then and playing what I played then makes me feel comfy no matter what and besides we know these are solid games ;)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

CS:GO. I hate it so much, but I can't stop playing it...

The longest I've gone without playing it since I bought it was like 6 weeks, but that's because I kept getting screwed with competitive cooldowns due to shitty matchmaking.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Team Fortress 2

and 2800 hours and items coming in and out of my backpack says so

Awesome toilet plungers you have there!

I didn't know those existed haha

Personally I love to collect frying pans for a good price, the *BLOINK* sound they make is just satisfying.

My current account only has 300 hours but my old one had over 700 making it 1000 :)

Still grieving my stolen account, may you RIP Rock In Peace!

But my new one is soon to be 2 years old so technically I can now call it my account :P

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

2 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

Awesome toilet plungers you have there!

I didn't know those existed haha

Personally I love to collect frying pans for a good price, the *BLOINK* sound they make is just satisfying.

My current account only has 300 hours but my old one had over 700 making it 1000 :)

Still grieving my stolen account, may you RIP Rock In Peace!

But my new one is soon to be 2 years old so technically I can now call it my account :P

Thanks, man. For my unusual ones, the Eerie Orbiting Fire one was a somewhat dopey purchase that I don't really regret, while the Circling TF Logo one was purchased a year ago. That one was the second unusual I owned and the first one that hasn't been dumped in some private inventory or dead account.

If that doesn't give away that I'm a Pyro main, the wastes of cash that I call my Strange Killstreak Sax Waxed Flame Thrower, my Strange Professional Killstreak Backburner and my various Pyro melees hopefully will.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Thanks, man. For my unusual ones, the Eerie Orbiting Fire one was a somewhat dopey purchase that I don't really regret, while the Circling TF Logo one was purchased a year ago. That one was the second unusual I owned and the first one that hasn't been dumped in some private inventory or dead account.

If that doesn't give away that I'm a Pyro main, the wastes of cash that I call my Strange Killstreak Sax Waxed Flame Thrower, my Strange Professional Killstreak Backburner and my various Pyro melees hopefully will.

Wow the story isn't half bad :)

I personally play scout a lot, I remember my first Strange weapon.

The old baby face blaster Kinderbakkes knaller voor de Belgen/Hollanders onder ons

Amazing gift from a friend of mine that I managed to get onto my new account as well and is with me to this day ;)

It doesn't have its 4000+ kills anymore since the trade but still has the sentimental value.

Never coughed up the cash for an unusual, might do it at some point but .. ehh we'll see about that :D

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

Wow the story isn't half bad :)

I personally play scout a lot, I remember my first Strange weapon.

The old baby face blaster Kinderbakkes knaller voor de Belgen/Hollanders onder ons

Amazing gift from a friend of mine that I managed to get onto my new account as well and is with me to this day ;)

It doesn't have its 4000+ kills anymore since the trade but still has the sentimental value.

Never coughed up the cash for an unusual, might do it at some point but .. ehh we'll see about that :D

Nice, nice. Sentimental items are most definitely something to keep.

That's kinda how I wound up with my Reindoonicorn and somehow wasting enough time to get well over 150,000 points on it.

On the topic of Scout, I'm not a great Scout, but my talents seem to lie within using the Shortstop and the Mad Milk. Another waste of money; a skinned Professional Killstreak Shortstop... aye, that hurt. It ended up costing me like $16 because I bought the wrong kit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Cities Skylines, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Factorio, The SIMS for me I just love building and management games

I lurk a lot