Nvidia control panel won't allow me to set a custom resolution (need to OC my monitor)

Hi, as the title says, i am unable to create custom resolution.

The "customize" button is greyed out.

I used a 75Hz profile, but needed to change some color stuff, so i jumped into classic 1920x1080 60Hz mode and the 75Hz one disappeared.

Can't set anything except the Nvidia presets.

GTX1060, latest W10, latest GPU driver.

Thanks

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

16 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Hi, as the title says, i am unable to create custom resolution.

The "customize" button is greyed out.

I used a 75Hz profile, but needed to change some color stuff, so i jumped into classic 1920x1080 60Hz mode and the 75Hz one disappeared.

Can't set anything except the Nvidia presets.

GTX1060, latest W10, latest GPU driver.

Thanks

You need to disable DSR in 3D settings. You also need to make sure there are no pending changes (no Apply / Cancel buttons in the lower right corner of the control panel).

Indeed Nvidia wont allow DSR and custom resolution at the same time for ...reasons..

if you want both ether edit your registery with a custom resolution and use DSR via NVCP.

or use CRU (3rd party program) and create a custom resolution in there,聽 and use NVCP for DSR.

I personly use a 21:9 custom res + DSR x4 so i can run 21:9 (3840x1640) on my 1080p display (42"Plasma) without the games looking like absolute crap at the non DSR 1920 x 820 resolution.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro聽 | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X聽- Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

You need to disable DSR in 3D settings. You also need to make sure there are no pending changes (no Apply / Cancel buttons in the lower right corner of the control panel).

Great, thanks a lot. Helped me solve the issue, although i found out my monitor won't do 75Hz on 0-255 RGB

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

Indeed Nvidia wont allow DSR and custom resolution at the same time for ...reasons..

if you want both ether edit your registery with a custom resolution and use DSR via NVCP.

or use CRU (3rd party program) and create a custom resolution in there,聽 and use NVCP for DSR.

I personly use a 21:9 custom res + DSR x4 so i can run 21:9 (3840x1640) on my 1080p display (42"Plasma) without the games looking like absolute crap at the non DSR 1920 x 820 resolution.

I don't run DSR bcoz i think i could run into some performance issues (I like my shadows, reflections and such stuff).

Thanks for the insight though, i think i'll use it when i get my hands on a TV for gaming.