Asrock M8 - where to buy

LinusTech

1 minute in and I'm drooling over it. And Cats don't drool.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

The build quality is immaculate. 60mm fans are a bit of a no-no to me in a modern system, but at idle noise levels are no problem.

The build quality is immaculate. 60mm fans are a bit of a no-no to me in a modern system, but at idle noise levels are no problem.

Hmm, maybe you can replace those 60MM fans with some Noctua ones...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Were/are you going to test thermals for when the system is under a load with a CPU and GPU?

Possibly just use the Intel stock fan as well as a Noctua low profile and a blower GPU and also test it with an open design cooler? To see how thermals are affected by other components?

It seems the case fans located near the GPU would mostly effect the GPU thermals and with the riser it looks like it would block the GPU and CPU thermals from each other, so as long as you have all the case fans as intakes otherwise it could pull the air from the GPU to the CPU and vice versa if one set of fans are exhaust while the others are intakes..

Awhile ago you said that Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI were the "big 3," do you think Asrock has worked it's way up there?

Costs more than my computer.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I thought at first that this might be interesting for a steam box, looks pretty and all, and then I saw the price on amazon for 530€ and thought I can do better myself..

is there anywhere that they only sell the case?

"Never invest money you're not willing to lose." -ImplyingImplicati0ns

1 minute in and I'm drooling over it. And Cats don't drool.

You obviously have never seen a sedated cat, or one reacting negatively to flea/tick treatment. They drool like crazy.

1. Looks awesome

2. Cable management is one of a kind

3. Small and mobile

4. Can be upgraded with a lot of stuff

-1. Price is just insane...

-2. Very tight inside.... and propably with those 60mm fans it will be (it is) HOT

-3. You can find noise tests on YT... sounds like a hoover over 100% fan speed :))

-4. No color options, just black/red - would be nice to have some options or custom made?

But i think they are going in a good direction, maybe the M8 v2 will be an über machine? Who knows :)

It looks friggin awesome!

but it is expensive :o really expensive

i can buy a great card for that price,heck I can buy epic pc for that

I make music here : https://soundcloud.com/smooth219

I enjoy playing TF2 andother source games.

Uhh I dont really have a good pc.

Beautiful but way overpriced. Even pricing the the mobo at 150 and the case at 200. Add 80 for a 450w SFW PSU. That's still no where near the 629 they're asking at the egg.

1. Looks awesome

2. Cable management is one of a kind

3. Small and mobile

4. Can be upgraded with a lot of stuff

-1. Price is just insane...

-2. Very tight inside.... and propably with those 60mm fans it will be (it is) HOT

-3. You can find noise tests on YT... sounds like a hoover over 100% fan speed :))

-4. No color options, just black/red - would be nice to have some options or custom made?

But i think they are going in a good direction, maybe the M8 v2 will be an über machine? Who knows :)

Price isn't bad considering how high end this case was and the amount of money spent on development.

You get a pretty good mobo ($200 worth imo)

Decent custom sized psu 450W ($50)

Case would account for most of the cost though at like $250

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)

I would use this for a Custom Steam box.

Character artist in the Games industry.

For a V2 Version i would like the use of at least 80MM fans , More colour options , A better side panel window TBH , and something like pre-installed lighting. Also it would be nice if the PSU could be 550W instead of 450W.

But overall an extremely gorgreous and unique case. Well done Asrock and BMW.

Interested in Business and Technology