Help with system reboot

swumsir

I recently wiped my old PC with the Windows PC reset option which is supposed to 0 out the hard drive and make the computer "like new". However, I also had a dual boot of Mint on that drive. Did the windows reset option also delete the Linux operating system?

Thank you!

Though I've never used it myself, it looks at though it doesn't actually format the hard drive, so my guess is going to be it's in tact assuming that they are, or were, separate partitions, and not just a VM.

The fastest way to find out would be to try and boot into it, no?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Reset will only affect on Windows boot drive/partition. It will do just that, reset all installed software, all settings and remove all users personal files located on that drive. Restore is softer version where it doesn't effect on users files and most installed software. Just restores system to previously saved point (these are made automatically when Windows updates stuff).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv