Help cleaning XSPC dual bay reservoir!

I'm tearing down my system to clean the water cooling loops after neglecting to do it for years. My reservoir is an XSPC dual 5.25" bay reservoir that I'm having a bitch of a time cleaning. I just can't get all the corners and angles. Does anyone have any experience with these and have some tips? It was absolutely disgusting before I started; gooey light green copper corrosion coating the whole CPU side, and dark green (what I can only figure is) algae on the GPU side. I'm seriously considering just buying a new one it's so hard to clean. One thing's for sure; I'll never use this type of reservoir again. I'll go with the tube style in future builds.

Here's the reservoir I have: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9542/ex-res-154/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_-_DDC_Dual_Pump_Dual_Split_Reservoirs_w_Blue_LED_Light_-_Clear_DDCBAYTWO.html 

4 minutes ago, Locutus494 said:

I'm tearing down my system to clean the water cooling loops after neglecting to do it for years. My reservoir is an XSPC dual 5.25" bay reservoir that I'm having a bitch of a time cleaning. I just can't get all the corners and angles. Does anyone have any experience with these and have some tips? It was absolutely disgusting before I started; gooey light green copper corrosion coating the whole CPU side, and dark green (what I can only figure is) algae on the GPU side. I'm seriously considering just buying a new one it's so hard to clean. One thing's for sure; I'll never use this type of reservoir again. I'll go with the tube style in future builds.

Here's the reservoir I have: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9542/ex-res-154/XSPC_Dual_525_Bay_-_DDC_Dual_Pump_Dual_Split_Reservoirs_w_Blue_LED_Light_-_Clear_DDCBAYTWO.html 

One of the downsides of those types of reservoirs is not being able to open them for cleaning. Your best option is to use a strong detergent and soft bristle cleaner such as theses used for test tubes to try and bend and reach the areas you need to deep clean. 

https://www.amazon.com/Ginsberg-Scientific-Test-Tube-Brush/dp/B004NEWT6C

10 minutes ago, Locutus494 said:

Not sure if you are just a fan (avatar) or not, but Semper Fi if it applies. 

A vinegar / water mix will kill algae and is perfectly safe for your water loop parts.  I usually run it through the loop for a while before disassembly for further cleaning if needed. 

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Not sure if you are just a fan (avatar) or not, but Semper Fi if it applies. 

A vinegar / water mix will kill algae and is perfectly safe for your water loop parts.  I usually run it through the loop for a while before disassembly for further cleaning if needed. 

Vinegar is safe, really? All the guides I've read say NOT to use vinegar on acrylic, which this reservoir is. Anyway, I'm not having a problem cleaning the stuff off with just a brush and dish soap, the problem is just reaching all the corners of the reservoir.

And yes, I just finished nine years in the Corps. Oohrah!

8 minutes ago, Locutus494 said:

Vinegar is safe, really? All the guides I've read say NOT to use vinegar on acrylic, which this reservoir is. Anyway, I'm not having a problem cleaning the stuff off with just a brush and dish soap, the problem is just reaching all the corners of the reservoir.

Not sure what those guides are talking about but it's been perfectly safe for me for years.  I do not use pure vinegar, but a mix with mostly water.  I flush my acrylic reservoirs and GPU blocks with a vinegar/water mix all the time.  Once I'm done cycling the vinegar / water mix through the loop, I flush the loop thoroughly with water.

And yes, I just finished nine years in the Corps. Oohrah!

I retired from the Corps a few years ago myself.  Thanks for your service.