2018 MacBook Pro parts won't be available until September | Any major issues will require a full new machine

AlTech
16 minutes ago, dizmo said:

While I don't use their products, I know they're not garbage. Apple has some of the best build quality and design in the game. They also work perfectly fine for the majority of people that use them, otherwise their sales wouldn't be so high. They're overpriced because of brand recognition, yes, but they're not garbage.

Thats  nice myth just like macs dont get malware.

No they USED TO  have decent build quality, now they have a loyal but clueless following for their garbage.

Their huge quality and design issues go back years too. Remember the iPhone 4 antenna issue that made the phone so shitty you needed to hold it a certain way or itd lose signal?

Or how about their trash can shaped Mac pro "workstation" that bursts into flames. Literal dumpster fire quality there ?

The problem is, most people have no clue what something thats high quality is actually like because theyve never experienced it. Theyre used to everything they buy being slave labour made cheap junk. Apple sticks a huge price tag on their slave made junk but its still low quality.

I mean the idea that something being popular makes it high quality is ludicrous. Its like saying McDonalds is better than haute cuisine made by a 3 Michelin star restaurant with the finest ingredients.

Most people have no clue what its like to eat good food so they eat McDonalds. Doesnt mean McDonalds is high quality. Just means the masses are clueless. I mean look at how many other things are now just a brand with actual sweatshop quality. Most of the clothes and shoes people wear are the same story.

12 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

...clueless following...

most people have no clue...

Most people have no clue...

Your constant assumptions that people are clueless because they buy a product you don't like is pretty naive.   Sure apple has issues, some are pretty big and ugly, but that doesn't mean people don't understand quality, or what they want or that their purchases are made form a point of ignorance.  Stop being so insulting.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

30 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Your constant assumptions that people are clueless because they buy a product you don't like is pretty naive.   Sure apple has issues, some are pretty big and ugly, but that doesn't mean people don't understand quality, or what they want or that their purchases are made form a point of ignorance.  Stop being so insulting.

So you think that the masses are clued in, GENERALLY?

1 minute ago, Amazonsucks said:

Bell curve.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Bell curve.

Gaussian distribution of IQ shows that most people arent very intelligent. Are you making my point instead of refuting it??

Gaussian distribution of IQ shows that most people arent very intelligent. Are you making my point instead of refuting it??

Maybe I didn't type it right:

Bell Curve.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Maybe I didn't type it right:

Bell Curve.

Ok so you agree then. Or you dont know what a Gaussian distribution is? It is the bell curve.

2 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Ok so you agree then. Or you dont know what a Gaussian distribution is? It is the bell curve.

Do you honestly think you can deflect from the issue by misconstruing the bell curve?

The answer to your first question is "the bell curve".  It accurately graphs human intelligence which dictates cognitive function and success.  End of story. 

He articulates this stuff better than most.

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Do you honestly think you can deflect from the issue by misconstruing the bell curve?

The answer to your first question is "the bell curve".  It accurately graphs human intelligence which dictates cognitive function and success.  End of story. 

He articulates this stuff better than most.

I love Jordan Peterson but i saw that ages ago. Your point?

I love Jordan Peterson. Your point?

you:

39 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

answer:

37 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Bell curve.

Ok so you start you with:

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Then you say "bell curve" which i correctly inferred that you were citing the fact that most people arent very intelligent... Then you move onto Jordan Peterson explaining that most people are indeed, not intelligent.

Whyd you say the first thing if you think most people arent intelligent yourself? You just used a video that states that iq is the most well defined psychological construct.

12 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Ok so you start you with:

Then you say "bell curve" which i correctly inferred that you were citing the fact that most people arent very intelligent... Then you move onto Jordan Peterson explaining that most people are indeed, not intelligent.

Whyd you say the first thing if you think most people arent intelligent yourself?

If you think the bell curve proves most people aren't intelligent then you don't know what intelligence is or what the bell curve is.

Let me put this as simply as I can, you don't need an IQ over 100 to discern a quality product or a product that is suitable for your own needs.  you are making stuff up and clearly don't know what you are talking about. Especially if you genuinely think that majority of the population are clueless. 

14 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

According to a Document spotted by 9to5mac, most of the parts for the 2018 MacBook Pros won't be available until September.

Any machine with significant issues will require a complete replacement whilst most minor issues should be able to be fixed.

This seems like it's another iMac Pro situation which is definitely likely to piss off some consumers.

Definitely, an interesting way to launch a product. :D

Source: https://wccftech.com/macbook-pro-2018-brand-new-replacement-if-faulty/

Is anyone really surprised by this, seems like apples prerogative. Accidents do happen but Apple seems to think everyone cradles their products and locks them in safes when not in use

Just can't fathom a mind that would think that is the best business model to go with

8 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Is anyone really surprised by this, seems like apples prerogative. Accidents do happen but Apple seems to think everyone cradles their products and locks them in safes when not in use

Just can't fathom a mind that would think that is the best business model to go with

cart-before-horse.jpg

It's not like it doesn't work though....

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

cart-before-horse.jpg

It's not like it doesn't work though....

Doesn't mean it makes sense to do it that way

I mean a company releasing a game that is buggy and then not offering patches for 6 months. Game still works but doesn't mean it makes sense to release it without it either being Bug free (or as close as it cane be) or bug fixes within a reasonable time

4 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

I mean a company releasing a game that is buggy and then not offering patches for 6 months. Game still works but doesn't mean it makes sense to release it without it either being Bug free (or as close as it cane be) or bug fixes within a reasonable time

Oh I fully agree, was more a joke than anything else. The games example is also an area I much dislike compared to the past, early access and the like has actually made the industry worse not better. Nice idea, poorly executed and over used but off topic so I'll end that rant.

4 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Ubisoft are the kings of that, there are still day one bugs in HOMM6&7, it's only been 4 years and there are still open tickets.   Some companies can get away with it.

If apple can afford to entirely eat the cost of the defective products they make that says something about their products' actual value and profit margins too. Hence, they just unintentionally demonstrated that its overpriced af.

14 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

If apple can afford to entirely eat the cost of the defective products they make that says something about their products' actual value and profit margins too. Hence, they just unintentionally demonstrated that its overpriced af.

Yeah, I forgot how they can't possibly refurbish those defective units, or how Dell, HP, or Lenovo has no money to work with and doesn't charge similar amounts for similar devices.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

17 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yeah, I forgot how they can't possibly refurbish those defective units, or how Dell, HP, or Lenovo has no money to work with and doesn't charge similar amounts for similar devices.

Those brands make junk too, but its usually cheaper than Apples junk.

2 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

It doesn't say much about the actual value, since most any large company can afford to eat some total system replacements; it may say something about the profit margin.  However, you're purposefully overlooking a point here: Apple can also diagnose and replace a system on the spot if there's a serious fault.  You can have a new, fully functional computer within minutes of the diagnosis.  If you depend on your own computer for a living, and many do, whatever you paid extra for a Mac just became worthwhile.

When your Dell/HP/etc. system breaks, what typically happens?  You spend an hour or two on the phone with someone reading from a script, and if you're lucky you have the "privilege" of waiting days for a mail-in replacement.  You can get faster services like on-site support, of course, but then you're paying the premium you thought you were avoiding.  I have a friend who is still going through a process of multiple replacements for a crappy Dell gaming laptop, and that's meant multiple stretches of having to live with a broken machine.  If she depended on that machine for a living, she'd be out of a job.

Look, we get it -- you're an insecure person who has to attack Apple to feel better about his own choices.  Everyone but you sees it.  But wouldn't it be nicer if you just matured a bit and accepted that Apple products aren't for you, and that it's not as simple as claiming they're "overpriced af?"  I sure think so.

19 hours ago, dizmo said:

Sounds like a great way to create a lot of unnecessary waste. Congrats on failure to launch properly, Apple.

How a company that large is incapable of such things boggles my mind.

Is it though? I feel like Apple is decent about refurbing and then throwing them up for sale again with a full year long warranty

Between this information, and the uncertainty of the keyboard, if I was in the market I'd either look elsewhere or wait for the desktop Macs. With their track record on this keyboard mechanism, it's a huge gamble buying this model unless you wait a few months to see how it works out for the early adopters.

It sounds like the exact same mechanism with a dust barrier around each key, and apple is just crossing their fingers it actually keeps the dust out. It's as susceptible as ever if any dust passes the barrier.

9 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

All dual core Macs are carry over from 2017s. Those models have full support. Quad Core/ Hex Core Macs get full support in 2 months. 

Ahh... Okay. I stand corrected.

But you still pay like 1500$ for a dual core donglebook.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer